Author Topic: S & P Downgrades US Credit Rating  (Read 6739 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: S & P Downgrades US Credit Rating
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »

Judge Napolitano is saying the govt. had been negotiating w/ S&P and the rest and they lost the negotiations with S&P and they are pitssed.  The govt is still in negotiations w/the rest.

These things are negotiated?  What the hell does this government rightfully have with which to bargain?  Nothing belongs to these people, and they have nothing they don't first steal!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/148874/Obama-Job-Approval-Higher-States.aspx

Residents of 16 states and the District of Columbia gave President Obama approval ratings of 50% or higher during the first half of 2011,...
Obama's support is greatest in the East, with 8 of his 10 highest approval ratings occurring in states located in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic region of the country. The 2 non-Eastern states ranking among the 10 highest are Obama's home states of Hawaii and Illinois. ...

ME 50%
MA 57%
CT 60%
PA 48%
VA 46%
TN 40%
NC 47%
SC 43%
GA 48%
FL 47%
AL 38%
MS 45%
LA 45%
TX 40%
NM 46%
CO 44%
WA 50%
MN 52%

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 03:22:55 PM »
It is so damned disheartening to see MN on that list.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 03:37:44 PM »

It's not necessarily bad being on the list but ya'll could knock it down a couple or three points.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
The knockdown is coming, just wait for it...

FYI - More analysis of the batsh*t-crazy proglodytes and the S&P downgrade -

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/273907/obama-makes-history-our-aaa-credit-editors#.

Oh, and don't be surprised to see more rating agency action while Duh Wun & the DemonRats continue to do and say all the wrong things...

Ignorance is correctable, stupid is forever...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
We have a party who prey on the ignorance of Americans. Is there any doubt today this is a calculated, articulate plan to, as obama has said in the past, knock the United States down a peg or two? This is purposeful destruction of wealth.

So the Tea party is gonna take the brunt of the viciousness known as liberalism....get ready for more magazine covers degrading Tea partiers. Get ready for more hateful rhetoric.

Me, i've had it. When I hear idiots i'm taking them to task. I won't go into details, but I ran into an idiot as I was buying some dinner to go last nite. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but i refuse to tolerate stupidity.

I'm beyond angry.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
I hear and agree Don.  I've been getting more vocal than usual with casual contacts lately.  My tolerance of stupid has always been low, but it's getting lower!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »
I hear and agree Don.  I've been getting more vocal than usual with casual contacts lately.  My tolerance of stupid has always been low, but it's getting lower!

Because I have a business in my hometown, I've attempted to be lowkey in regards to politics. But you know what, no more. Actually, there is so much political talk among my older patrons it has become easier. I live in a consrvative town and i cannot find anyone with any age on them who support obama. Normally, it is someone young who buys into the obama rhetoric who needs to hear the truth. It's what happened to me last nite.

We have become the stupid nation.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 01:45:18 PM »

Because I have a business in my hometown, I've attempted to be lowkey in regards to politics. But you know what, no more.

That is where I was 2 years ago.. I just won't put up with it in conversation anymore for the sake of "civility" - if they wanted civility they shouldn't have a loaded government pointed at my head.

However, I did remove the anti-Obama bumper stickers from the Car.. the left is becoming so unhinged I can't afford to advertise to the loons 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »

Because I have a business in my hometown, I've attempted to be lowkey in regards to politics. But you know what, no more. Actually, there is so much political talk among my older patrons it has become easier. I live in a consrvative town and i cannot find anyone with any age on them who support obama. Normally, it is someone young who buys into the obama rhetoric who needs to hear the truth. It's what happened to me last nite.

I think that's generally true.

Just last month at the wedding reception of my niece, a great uncle on her mothers side is a professor/diplomat who spends a lot of time in the Middle-East (mostly around Lebanon) and he never has anything nice to say about democrats and especially Obama and his merry band of miscreants.  One of her aunts made mention years ago about looking out for this guy.  It was then that we knew she and her hubby were democrats, one of the few who are of my generation that we know about, but even they are not touting it.  So when this great uncle showed up we knew we'd hear him rail against the youth and their uneducated immature attraction to the pretender on the throne.  Kinda nice to be relegated to smiling and nodding.  Being the elder statesman nobody dared challenge him.  He's an independent fella and I half suspect he's doing some freelance work overseas...

But by in large, most of the people I come across who actually profess admiration for that fool in the White House are younger.  But there are some middle aged ex-hippies and old fart FDR types still sporting Obama, Kerry, & Wellstone bumper stickers around this town!  And the Universities are still crawling with leftist faculty and students.  Quite annoying to come across.

:P

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
... they shouldn't have a loaded government pointed at my head.

Precisely.  Past two years I have come firmly to the "politics is personal" way of thinking.  I won't do business with an Oppressive if I know they are; I'm not helping them in any way.  I don't get around much socially, but I definitely avoid the "ferny" places because I know who the clientele is and I don't want to truck with them.

The defacto head of campaigning for Republicans in the county told me in '06 that Amnesty would certainly be passed and wasn't disturbed by that, is a giant Mitt fan (she's a Mormon too) and I've heard her call Bachmann stupid, so I keep my distance because I've no patience with RINOs either.  Closer to 11/12, I'll get out for individual candidates, but she'll get bupkis in terms of volunteer help or money.

Many people in this county, and country, loooove government and hate people.  I used to try to explain that government is nothing more than people you hate having a go at you through the force of law and a loaded gun.  They don't get it and I'm done.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »

I may have mentioned last fall that I had been been working on the campaign of a local guy running for the state senate.  Well he won and I went to his victory celebration. While there I ran into one of the directors of our company.

He didn't recognize me at first and I could see the gears turning as he struggled to figure out why I was there. He had no idea that I was a conservative because while I am a good listener, and I don't necessarily correct false impressions, I try not to tip my hand in the workplace.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 02:57:52 PM »
I don't want to necessarily tip my hand...but I am comtiplating getting a t shirt reading "danger, Hobbit".

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 02:59:54 PM »
Many people in this county, and country, loooove government and hate people.  I used to try to explain that government is nothing more than people you hate having a go at you through the force of law and a loaded gun.  They don't get it and I'm done.

I read a quote recently, on here maybe, that went something like "the positivity with which one regards government is directly proportional to the disdain with which one regards his fellow man".

That's what all the statists have in common, a belief in the stupidity of others to the extent that they (who are always part of the exception, mind you) should be able to dictate the behavior of, and the choices available to, those others.

It's fundamentally un-American, and I resent the hell out of them for it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
I don't want to necessarily tip my hand...but I am comtiplating getting a t shirt reading "danger, Hobbit".

::laughonfloor::

I lol'd; I admit it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »
Many people in this county, and country, loooove government and hate people.  I used to try to explain that government is nothing more than people you hate having a go at you through the force of law and a loaded gun.  They don't get it and I'm done.

I read a quote recently, on here maybe, that went something like "the positivity with which one regards government is directly proportional to the disdain with which one regards his fellow man".

That's what all the statists have in common, a belief in the stupidity of others to the extent that they (who are always part of the exception, mind you) should be able to dictate the behavior of, and the choices available to, those others.

It's fundamentally un-American, and I resent the hell out of them for it.

That Teresa Guilarducci (sp?) tomato.  Perfect example.