Author Topic: Hey, Who's Up For A Presidential Debate Live Blog?  (Read 15266 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Hey, Who's Up For A Presidential Debate Live Blog?
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2011, 07:35:26 AM »
As for Powerline banning Trapeze, I really don't get that.  There are three trolls there who do nothing but...troll.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2011, 07:40:29 AM »
In my opinion, Pawlenty acting all "tough" when he pulled out the knives against Bachmann was pure posturing, and not in him at all. You could almost see in his face that he was dreadfully uncomfortable doing it. It made him appear desperate. And Bachmann turned back his blades deftly. And again, the look on Pawlenty's face as he delivered his scathing comments was almost broadcasting in advance that he knew she was going to fire back and his effort would be wasted.

The intelligentsia is making this out to be T-Paw's moment where he finally put Bachmann in her place. I don't see it that way at all.

That said, he does have a point about executive experience, and effectiveness in the legislature. Bachmann's role has been to stand for conservative principles and against the expansion of government. She is a wedge; a lever; prying back against an ever-encroaching behemoth. But she has not proactively initiated anything noteworthy in congress to turn back the tide. She has been the definition of "standing her ground".

The Presidency is all about proactively initiating an agenda. To gauge her on that basis, her resume is very thin. What we have is her character, and a gut-check of what we think someone of her character would do.

That's what people thought they were voting for with Obama. It will be easy to make the correlation between thin resume and executive inexperience, and Obama/Bachmann .
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

She is a wedge; a lever; prying back against an ever-encroaching behemoth. But she has not proactively initiated anything noteworthy in congress to turn back the tide. She has been the definition of "standing her ground".

A wedge is proactive it will split a piece of solid oak in half, separate it from itself, and separating Obamacare from America is her goal.  Good wedge.  As for "standing her ground"  Boehner and McConnell could use some of that.

Also, she, as Ron Paul, was denied committee chairs because of fearful  leadership.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »
Agreed, it is a nuance not easily explained to a lot of people in the electorate, but part of having a thin resume comes down to it being true because it was sought or because you were blocked by the PTB's?  In Obama's case it is obvious he did not seek accomplishment and was intent upon developing a cult of personality.  In Bachmann's case she is blocked by Republican leadership and democrat control in congress and the White House, she's offered plenty of bills to fight the proglodyte agenda and is the only consistent voice in opposition to it.  It is not a lack of effort on her part, it is the active and persistent resistance of Ruling Class PTB's in both parties that thwart her efforts.  If elected President I have no doubt whatsoever that she would rattle their cages like we've never seen.  There would be no avoiding her agenda then.  So when it comes to a thin resume and a comparison to Obama the comparison ends when motive and action are examined.

I want a fighter.

Michele could be our Maggie.

I'll take that in a heartbeat.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
I'll gladly welcome her as the nominee. I'm just pointing out a perceived weakness that will be exploited. I don't see the thin resume as a weakness because I believe her character telss me what I need to know. But the resume and lack of experience is an attack point she is going to have to deal with.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:04 AM »
I'll gladly welcome her as the nominee. I'm just pointing out a perceived weakness that will be exploited. I don't see the thin resume as a weakness because I believe her character telss me what I need to know. But the resume and lack of experience is an attack point she is going to have to deal with.

To deal with this, Michele needs to compile a list of the prog-fighting bills offered but not taken up (as Libertas mentioned)  and further counter with the point that we do not need, and people do not want, any more legislation for the sake of having "passed something"; we need a rollback of the government and that's what she intends to do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »

To deal with this, Michele needs to compile a list of the prog-fighting bills offered but not taken up (as Libertas mentioned)  and further counter with the point that we do not need, and people do not want, any more legislation for the sake of having "passed something"; we need a rollback of the government and that's what she intends to do.

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
Beck likes Bachmann first, Santorum second.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/beck-chooses-principled-michele-bachmann-as-his-current-presidential-pick/

That outta ratchet up the MFM hate machine into hyperdrive!

The MFM already fears her, for good reason, Beck's opinion will push them over the edge, you watch!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2011, 02:15:38 PM »

The empty suit attacking her on those grounds would have to like being hit with a feather duster.He's got nuthin but a TOTUS. A few well chosen questions aimed at his knees will show him for what he is.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie