Author Topic: WH Press Gal Carney - Unemployment Benefits Create Jobs!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
WH Press Gal Carney - Unemployment Benefits Create Jobs!
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/10/carney_unemployment_benefits_could_create_up_to_1_million_jobs.html

OK dipsh*t, cut $1m checks to every American of working age, we ought to add millions of new jobs and really send this economy in orbit!

/

What a freaking moron!

People

Individuals

Entrepreneurs

The productive class

These people create jobs! 

The Big Government your boss is pushing down on us is destroying jobs and punishing the productive, you asshat!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: WH Press Gal Carney - Unemployment Benefits Create Jobs!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
He must have spoke to pelosi before his press conference.

Layghter should have broke out in the room.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:15:52 PM »
Or as Al (Race-baiter) Sharpton would say...

Laughter, we much!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
Unemployment benefits creating jobs is about like getting power to the other 5 outlets by plugging a surge protector into itself.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »
It's like a closed-circuit water fountain with a leak.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »
It seems completely lost on them that their argument, i.e. that people spend the benefit money on consumer items thereby stimulating the economy, could just as easily apply to people paying the taxes. IOW, let people keep their own money and they too will spend it on consumer items.

But, as we have noted often, being a liberal means never having to worry about contradictions or consistency. It's all about enlisting whatever position helps the march of leftism at a particular time and place.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
It seems completely lost on them that their argument, i.e. that people spend the benefit money on consumer items thereby stimulating the economy, could just as easily apply to people paying the taxes. IOW, let people keep their own money and they too will spend it on consumer items.

And without the government getting their skim.  Ya have to wonder how they miss that.

But, as we have noted often, being a liberal means never having to worry about contradictions or consistency. It's all about enlisting whatever position helps the march of leftism at a particular time and place.

*sigh*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 04:48:40 PM »
Carney answers the question: "It is one of the most direct ways to infuse money directly into the economy because people who are unemployed and obviously aren't running a paycheck are going to spend the money that they get. They're not going to save it, they're going to spend it. And with unemployment insurance, that way, the money goes directly back into the economy, dollar for dollar virtually."

"Every place that, that money is spent has added business and that creates growth and income for businesses that leads them to decisions about jobs, more hiring. So, there are few other ways that can directly put money into the economy than applying unemployment insurance, Carney said.

Carney says President Obama is pushing for unemployment benefits to be extended "as we continue to emerge from this recession."

Carney also says this is only one item of a "variety of things to grow the economy and create jobs."

Yep, there it is; every dollar goes right back into the economy, dollar for dollar.

None of that is subtracted from receipts for gummint employees and handling; no sir.  Every dollar recycled right back into the economy.

I'm being driven mad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »
Which hits on another assumption of theirs that infuriates me: this idea that people and businesses who "hoard" their money are somehow denying the greater economy the stimulating influence of that hoarded money. Where do they think this money is? Stuffed in a mattress somewhere? Sure, you can "hoard" money in an investment or even a bank account, but the idea that it's economically neutral is ridiculous. Investments drive economic activity somewhere else, your deposits at the bank allow them to loan money to someone expanding their business, etc, etc. This is why I get beyond irritated when the Republicans go to lengths to maintain this illusion of comity and peerage with the Dumbocrats. These people are economic morons, why should we pretend their ideas are at all valid and useful to the conversation?

Again though, it's not about actual results. If it were about revenue, they would slash taxes because it's been proven time and again that when taxes go down, the government ends up getting more revenue in absolute terms. The"hoarding" argument is no different -- it's not about the actual economic consequence, it's about setting the narrative, the pretext, for confiscation of "hoarded" wealth.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 05:57:58 PM »
Or as Al (Race-baiter) Sharpton would say...

Laughter, we much!

I noticed that he was starting to bear a resemblance to a Bloated Yoda... ::laughonfloor::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 06:39:53 PM »
  He's got to feel like a total ass making statements like that out loud. ::speechless::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 07:14:41 PM »
  He's got to feel like a total ass making statements like that out loud. ::speechless::

Who does?  Carney or Sharpton?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:39 PM »

Who does?  Carney or Sharpton?

::rimshot::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie