Author Topic: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law  (Read 1078 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law
« on: August 12, 2011, 01:22:17 PM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An appeals court ruled Friday that President Barack Obama's healthcare law requiring Americans to buy healthcare insurance or face a penalty was unconstitutional, a blow to the White House.

The Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta, found that Congress exceeded its authority by requiring Americans to buy coverage, but also ruled that the rest of the wide-ranging law could remain in effect.

That last part is bad enough for now; the following just ....... THIS IS EXACTLY HOW WE GOT HERE!!

It argued that the requirement was legal under the Commerce Clause of the Constitution. One of the three judges of the appeals court panel, Stanley Marcus, agreed with the administration in dissenting from the majority opinion.

The majority "has ignored the undeniable fact that Congress' commerce power has grown exponentially over the past two centuries and is now generally accepted as having afforded Congress the authority to create rules regulating large areas of our national economy," Marcus wrote.

There ya go.  In direct violation of the Constitution, but "because such violations have been numerous and continuing", this is the new and improved version of Constitutional and without any mention of the Constitution at all.

These people, I hatez them.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/appeals-court-rules-against-obama-healthcare-law-171829777.html

H/Ts Rush to Drudge
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Yeah, I H8 'em too!  Yeah, we blew up the constitution a zillion times over so like why are you idiots saying we can't blow it up one more time for ObamaCare!  Duuuuhhhhhh!  Nice argument libiot!  And how the hell can this atrocity function without the financial gun at peoples heads, the whole thing will collapse, so why not just come out and say the law is completely void?

::gaah::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.