Author Topic: Civics Literacy Test  (Read 1118 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Civics Literacy Test
« on: August 13, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »
Civics Literacy Test

One of their "correct" answers is wrong.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Civics Literacy Test
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
I'm lazy--which question?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
Didn't you take it?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
It's not really wrong; it's just that it says "would", not "should".

I have taken it before.  I got one wrong, but not that one.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 05:57:31 PM »
It's not really wrong; it's just that it says "would", not "should".

I have taken it before.  I got one wrong, but not that one.

Hmm.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
I did better than last time, but that stupid stimulus question (even though as written [does vs should] the answer fits) needs to be re-written to should!  And this time I got the philosophy question right and effed up on Puritans.  Really, Puritans!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:01:44 PM »
I did better than last time, but that stupid stimulus question (even though as written [does vs should] the answer fits) needs to be re-written to should!  And this time I got the philosophy question right and effed up on Puritans.  Really, Puritans!

I got the same two wrong (hangs head in shame)  ::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »

That's the one, Libertas!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:08:11 AM »

That's the one, Libertas!

I mean really, why would someone reduce taxes and increase spending?  Macro economically they negate each other!  Just because idiots do it doesn't mean it should always be done, they should reduce taxes AND spending!  And worse yet, they'll have to change their fricken HAVE statement to just read INCREASE SPENDING because that's all they do now!

::gaah::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 11:39:32 AM »
Which of the following fiscal policy combinations has the federal government most often followed to stimulate economic activity when the economy is in a severe recession?

increasing both taxes and spending
    increasing taxes and decreasing spending
    decreasing taxes and increasing spending
    decreasing both taxes and spending

Correct Answer: decreasing taxes and increasing spending

HAS the fed gov "most often followed" this policy?  I think not, but I could be wrong; it seems to me most often the spending increases result in tax increases.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 11:44:15 AM »
Yes, they have most often increased spending, that one is easy, on taxes (of late) the Repub's have blocked statutory increases (thanks in significant measure to the Tea Party) but there have always been revenue enhancers and other backdoor increases in private burden snuck into legislation (especially by the Pelosi-Reid congress)!