Author Topic: Now, hold the sonofabitch in contempt  (Read 1372 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Now, hold the sonofabitch in contempt
« on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:14 PM »
Federal Judge Throws Out Obama Drilling Rules

A judge on Friday threw out Obama administration rules that sought to slow down expedited environmental review of oil and gas drilling on federal land. U.S. District Judge Nancy Freudenthal ruled in favor of a petroleum industry group, the Western Energy Alliance, in its lawsuit against the federal government, including Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.

The ruling reinstates Bush-era expedited oil and gas drilling under provisions called categorical exclusions on federal lands nationwide, Freudenthal said.

The government argued that oil and gas companies had no case because they didn't show how the new rules, implemented by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service last year, had created delays and added to the cost of drilling. Freudenthal rejected that argument. "Western Energy has demonstrated through its members recognizable injury," she said. "Those injuries are supported by the administrative record."

More at the link....
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Now, hold the sonofabitch in contempt
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »

NYT breezed through the decision. The unemployment in those states is around 4%+ and it's boom city.
Whether you are and engineer, craftsman, tradesman, rigger or roughneck there is work.  Shutting this down is a major goal for the Prince and destroying America's energy supply.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:54:05 PM »

NYT breezed through the decision. The unemployment in those states is around 4%+ and it's boom city.
Whether you are and engineer, craftsman, tradesman, rigger or roughneck there is work.  Shutting this down is a major goal for the Prince and destroying America's energy supply.

I was speaking to a local landscaper a couple weeks ago, and he said that the majority of the work they're getting right now is in Western North Dakota. They can't build houses, apartments, and temporary lodging fast enough to house all the workers, and the demand for landscaping comes with the construction. Oil industry corporations and all the trickle-down businesses that benefit from their activity are leasing entire hotels and apartment complexes for a year at a time. There is no housing crisis other than a lack of it, and no recession.

So it's worth it for the landscapers to work a week away from home, home on the weekends. He said some of them are seeing no end to the boom economy there, and are pulling up roots from MN and relocating.

It stands to reason that the Obama regime would be desperately trying to undermine and destroy such prosperity. It puts their entire charade to the lie.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
And the dear leader is doing all he can to put a stop to any new jobs and energy in this country.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
The Regime will appeal of course.

No telling what those idiots on SCOTUS would do.  As with anything it always comes down the Kennedy.

::)

But it's a start.  Could use more rulings like this to put pressure on The Regime.  Instinctively I loath relying on the courts, to many activists ready willing and able to join Obamakov in destroying America...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:07:01 PM »

Many judges should consider resigning with full retirement while it's still an option. 

Rumor is that cutting federal retirement of selected federal offices and employment will be one of the new administration's cost cutting measures.