Author Topic: "Go Home, Yankee Hipster"  (Read 1095 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
"Go Home, Yankee Hipster"
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »
Shepard Fairey beaten up after spat over controversial Danish mural

When graffiti artist Shepard Fairey turned his talents to US politics, his reward was international acclaim and a letter of thanks from Barack Obama. When he employed a similar tactic in Denmark, however, the response proved altogether less edifying.

Last weekend, Fairey – creator of the famous "Hope" poster that came to encapsulate Obama's 2008 presidential campaign – was beaten up after the opening of his exhibition at a Copenhagen gallery.

Earlier this month he was involved with a controversial mural that has enraged leftwing anarchists throughout the city.

"I have a black eye and a bruised rib," Fairey told the Guardian.

According to reports, 41-year-old Fairey and his colleague Romeo Trinidad were punched and kicked by at least two men outside the Kodboderne 18 nightclub in the early hours of last Saturday morning. Fairey claims the men called him "Obama illuminati" and ordered him to "go back to America".

Sweet, sweet schadenfreude.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: "Go Home, Yankee Hipster"
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »
Shepard Fairey beaten up after spat over controversial Danish mural

When graffiti artist Shepard Fairey turned his talents to US politics, his reward was international acclaim and a letter of thanks from Barack Obama. When he employed a similar tactic in Denmark, however, the response proved altogether less edifying.

Last weekend, Fairey – creator of the famous "Hope" poster that came to encapsulate Obama's 2008 presidential campaign – was beaten up after the opening of his exhibition at a Copenhagen gallery.

Earlier this month he was involved with a controversial mural that has enraged leftwing anarchists throughout the city.

"I have a black eye and a bruised rib," Fairey told the Guardian.

According to reports, 41-year-old Fairey and his colleague Romeo Trinidad were punched and kicked by at least two men outside the Kodboderne 18 nightclub in the early hours of last Saturday morning. Fairey claims the men called him "Obama illuminati" and ordered him to "go back to America".

Sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

Apparantly, he had a black eye before he was beaten up.....Denmark made sure it could be seen.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »
Obama illuminati!

::rockethrow::

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:14 PM »
I never really cared for anarchists, but now I see them in a different light. ::grouphug::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:10:43 AM »
Acting like an anarchist when you have a purpose to attain (like ridding yourself of proglodytes) really isn't anarchy...it's revolution.  Pure anarchy is anarchy for anarchy's sake only.

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 08:14:07 AM »
Fairey and his colleague Romeo

Now those are either some 75 year old woman's two pet lap dogs or...  ::thinking::