Author Topic: Sort Of What I've Suspected For Quite Some Time Now  (Read 2428 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Sort Of What I've Suspected For Quite Some Time Now
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »
I have said on more than one occasion that we have been incredibly fortunate to not have sustained another devastating attack since 9/11. I have also said that we should be grateful for our unimaginative enemies. I can think of at least a dozen different terrorist attacks any one of which would be mind numbingly effective on our population that, so far, these clods have not come close to trying. They don't even show any indication that they can focus their attention anywhere outside of the greater NYC area.

This article sheds some light on, among other things, their profound stupidity...

In Afghanistan, as in many cultures, a manly embrace is a time-honored tradition for warriors before they go off to face death. Thus, many suicide bombers never even make it out of their training camp or safe house, as the pressure from these group hugs triggers the explosives in suicide vests. According to several sources at the United Nations, as many as six would-be suicide bombers died last July after one such embrace in Paktika.

Funny article.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Sort Of What I've Suspected For Quite Some Time Now
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 12:56:35 AM »
In Afghanistan, as in many cultures, a manly embrace is a time-honored tradition for warriors before they go off to face death. Thus, many suicide bombers never even make it out of their training camp or safe house, as the pressure from these group hugs triggers the explosives in suicide vests. According to several sources at the United Nations, as many as six would-be suicide bombers died last July after one such embrace in Paktika.

Perhaps as the world's sole economic superpower, it is the responsibility of the United States to fund education and awareness programs for the Afghan people, to teach them safe techniques for embracing when encumbered with explosives.

You know some liberal somewhere is thinking it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 01:16:29 AM »
Neo-Neocon linked to that story earlier.  Don't miss the comments, including mine.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
Neo-Neocon linked to that story earlier.  Don't miss the comments, including mine.

Good comment Rick.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
Yeah, good comment.  And IDP, we do know libiots are thinking it!  Remember St.Pancake?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »

Persistence will out.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »
I have one word for those who would think the terrorists stupid: TSA (OK, so it technically isn't a word!). If al-Qa'ida is stupid then the TSA'ers are absolute morons. It is only by the grace of God - and proactive private citizens - that we have not suffered attack. The TSA couldn't find their own azzes with a handbook and a flashlight.

A commenter at the link spoke of the original attack on the Twin Towers. It wasn't exceptionally planned or executed and they left a trail easy enough to be followed by three blind mice. So why didn't we learn? What kind of buffoons must we be to allow them a second (and successful) shot at us?

The anecdotal evidence is staggering - the TSA ignores troublesome islamic suspects in favor of nuns and grandmas. Are nuns and grandmas capable of terroristic acts? Sure. It's also possible for the Earth to shift on its axis and throw us all into another ice age.

I guess it's easier to poke fun at the goofball Achmed than actually do anything to make our lives safer.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:49:35 AM »

Yeah, they'll feel up the sister, little kids & babies, an old man...

...but Muzzies just get waved on through!

::gaah::

TSA is more than stupid, and they take their orders from entrenched bureaucrats who get their troughs filled by corrupt Democrat pol's and their willing Ruling Class butt-buddies in the GOP!

We outta do something about that sooner rather than later!

And 'Soup is right, if not for luck and watchful private citizens, we'd be royally screwed!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »
AQ does, however, seem to have quite a bit of competence when it comes to murdering muslim civilians in places like Iraq. Way to go, dumbasses.

LINK to article detailing coordinated bomb blasts in which 60 are killed.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »
No wait.....someone said I was right? I need to mark my calendar!  ::rolllaughing::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 06:40:08 PM »
No wait.....someone said I was right? I need to mark my calendar!  ::rolllaughing::

Don't get used to it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 06:42:08 PM »

Don't get used to it.

Are you kidding? I was so jazzed I wrote my mom!  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 06:59:21 AM »

Don't get used to it.

Are you kidding? I was so jazzed I wrote my mom!  ;D

I hope you didn't close that letter with "Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah!"

::hysterical::