Author Topic: Perry Regretting HPV Vaccine Mandate  (Read 3851 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Perry Regretting HPV Vaccine Mandate
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »

H/T Auster.

Some are complaining about our early vetting of Perry -- and the criticism of him -- looks like we're ready to eat our own, again.  I'm not referring to the Rove-type of "vetting"; it's that of 'we, the people'.  I don't know .... are we too critical, too early?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
Maybe Pan. But who can blame us if skepticism is our starting line?

The perfect candidate does not exist. But we have earned the right to demand the best one we can get.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
Maybe Pan. But who can blame us if skepticism is our starting line?

The perfect candidate does not exist. But we have earned the right to demand the best one we can get.

I don't blame us.

No, one doesn't exist and we've not only earned the right, it's our duty and responsibility, as I see it.

For me, it's just a sign of how far this country and its people have slid down the slope of leftism, that "the perfect candidate" would be one who merely holds steadily to Constitutional principles and understands the concept of THE RULE OF LAW. 

What we have instead are ones that we have to "forgive" certain left-leaning flaws in order to not let the 'perfect be the enemy of the good'.

What the hell good is it to get a Perry, instead of a Romney, when there's a chance we'll also get a fight on illegal amnesty as well.

I'm disgusted, actually.  And leaning heavily toward Bachmann at this point.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
...For me, it's just a sign of how far this country and its people have slid down the slope of leftism, that "the perfect candidate" would be one who merely holds steadily to Constitutional principles and understands the concept of THE RULE OF LAW...

No doubt. It should be a given that any president - any politician for that matter - meets the bare minimum requirement of holding steadily to constitutional principles and understanding the rule of law. Down the slope indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
...For me, it's just a sign of how far this country and its people have slid down the slope of leftism, that "the perfect candidate" would be one who merely holds steadily to Constitutional principles and understands the concept of THE RULE OF LAW...

No doubt. It should be a given that any president - any politician for that matter - meets the bare minimum requirement of holding steadily to constitutional principles and understanding the rule of law. Down the slope indeed.

At this point for me none of them work,till they prove that they do.I don't know enough about Perry to go either way on him. But so far Rove and Huck are against that puts me leaning towards a yes but still too soon to tall.

Huck has no credibility with me and Rove even less.The way I see it they're both pushing Romney one because he wants a job later(Huck) and the other wants to get even. All I need is for McCain to come out against and if Rudy comes out against that's all I need to go for him.

I know one thing and that's this time they're gonna have a harder time picking a candidate for me.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »

Yes.  Bare f**king minimum.

And how often are we told what we consider to be the bare minimum is making the perfect an enemy of the good?

Are we just destined to have to pick the best of the worst and then fight him on one front or another?  This is past bearable now.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »

Two things:
                  Karl Rove - That pudgy tub of sh*t  ----- PTOS ::hysterical::
                  He endorsed Rudy because of national security issues and Rudy will probably return in kind.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »

Two things:
                  Karl Rove - That pudgy tub of sh*t  ----- PTOS ::hysterical::
                  He endorsed Rudy because of national security issues and Rudy will probably return in kind.

RudyHuck and Rove are all going to be making deals with the candidates to get jobs in DC just like the deal they had with Johnny Mac. they hung in there long enough to screw Romney last go round and this time they will be looking to make a deal with him to back him. Whores!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:19 PM »

Link
[blockquote]
The White House denounced Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry on Tuesday for his threatening remarks toward the head of the U.S. Federal Reserve that represented some of the most inflammatory  ::speechless:: rhetoric of the 2012 election campaign.
[/blockquote]

Hey Barry, are you sure it wasn't racist or anti-Semitic or something?
Oh, I got it!   It was hate speach, yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
The "most inflammatory rhetoric"??  Are you KIDDIN' ME?!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »

Chris Matthews Blast Entire State of Texas as Ignorant , Full Of BS, Calls Perry A Clown

Six states?  Five states?  Maybe four states.

Secession or recession?  Maybe procession.

Tingles is so happy, he's going to race Barney for the biggest spread of the year.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 12:08:09 AM »
http://peskytruth.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/rick-perrys-negatives/

H/T Mike C.

Haven't finished reading it yet; I thought I'd just toss it up for everyone's edification.

IMO he has some vulnerability on Gardasil, Taxes (has raised sin taxes etc) & Immigration (TX Dream Act had him over the barrel, but he could have vetoed and let legislature override him, his poop would be clean in that case...and his positions on border are not Arizona enough for me).  Honorable mention would go to the Bilderberg crap, not because I buy into that global conspiracy crap, more because too many on that invitee lists are Ruling Class clowns and it just looks bad.  The remaining issues look weak or really weak to me.  My two bits anyway.

Rick Perry and the Trans-Texas Corridor

Posted by The Right Scoop on Aug 16, 2011 in Politics

[blockquote]
Ok one more for the night. Pesky Truth, who is a retired business owner and veteran who lives in dallas, has a great write-up called “Seventeen (17) things that critics are saying about Rick Perry” and it seems to be a very objective take on the criticisms people are leveling at Rick Perry. Some are true, and some are not. You can jump over via the link above and read all 17 of them, but I plan on posting most of them here, one per night, to give you guys a chance to discuss them at length. Tonight’s topic is the Trans-Texas Corridor and here’s Pesky’s write-up:  Link
[/blockquote]

It's a good summation, the rest of them should be interesting.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »
Forest n' trees...  The Butthead is doing us a favor by bringing the Perry knives out so early...it's not as important right now that we debate why we have issues with Perry (we do, but the normal course of the campaign will help the vetting process), what is important is why the Rovian's and Ruling Class whores are attacking Perry!  They are attacking him because they see him as the logical threat to their establishment candidate - Romney!  We shouldn't forget about our issues with Perry, but we need to focus on thwarting the Ruling Class pukes from once again hijacking who we want to represent us against the single greatest threat to American Liberty to come along, ever - Obama!  I have no problem having Perry take Romney down and keep Bachmann below radar.  Once Romney is out of the way the road will be clear to tackle Perry.  The Rovian's & Ruling Class PTB's see Bachmann as a minor threat, a blip to be easily dispatched by their man, once their man puts down the usurper from Texas.  I say we change the game to our advantage and beat the Rovian's at their own game.  Follow the money, Ruling Class money is going to Romney.  Who is our real target at this point in time?  What do you think?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »

::thumbsup::

That changes the game from "anybody but Obama" to "nobody from the Ruling Class".   ::USA::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »

::thumbsup::

That changes the game from "anybody but Obama" to "nobody from the Ruling Class".   ::USA::

That has quite a ring to it. ::cool::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »

Thump
[blockquote]
Presidential candidate Rick Perry renewed his attack on the Federal Reserve on Wednesday,
“There have been a number of politicians who have stood up and really questioned the transparency of the Federal Reserve,” ... “They should open their books up. They should be transparent so that the people of the United States know what they are doing and how they are doing.

“Until they do that, there will continue to be questions about their activity and what their true goal is for the United States.”

[/blockquote]

Link

I've been thinking about all the metrosexuals in the Republican Party and how plain speak gets them all a quiver.  Just hypothetically day dreaming:
                                                    If he were to choose Allen West as his running mate would it light them up
                                                    more than if he were to choose Michele Bachmann? 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
More On Perry And Gardasil

The article has accurate information and enlightening links to facts and opinion about the Gardasil fiasco.  
Erick said it only resonates with the base and he's correct.  This will be a reoccurring agitprop and in order to
form accurate opinion our sources must be trusted and accurate.

ETA: Another one

Vetting Rick Perry

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:22:53 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:05 AM »
Good find CO, but you know the average voter attention span is about 3 seconds and the attention span of the MFM is 1/3 that, so explaining the details behind the Gardasil move in any explanation will be DOA.  In hindsight it would have been better had he not signed that bill and let the legislature override him, his hands would have been clean.  As it is he is doing the only thing the ADD electorate can understand - admit he goofed up and move on.

And re: ticket, way too early for specualtion.  I like Bachmann & West, so why can't the former tap the latter as Veep?

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »

I am concerned more about internecine conflict.  I found the articles at RedState informative and interesting presenting not only facts but circumstance. Like Trap, I don't think Erick is the great predictor but he has brought more facts and information than I have found elsewhere.

One must consider most information comes first from a media that hates conservatives, then from anti-Perry groups, then from various specific interest groups.  Each of these groups presenting, if accurate at all, information that promotes their agenda.  Putting all the actual facts and events together with the sequence of events will tell what happened and what was driving the events.

At this point there is more misinterpretation and falsehood than fact about the Gardasil fiasco.  This thing is going to be a reoccurring topic and it would benefit all concerned to be clear about fact and truth.  When argument is made is shouldn't be amongst the base, the base should be unified and be able to enunciate the facts to the middle.   

Bachmann/West sounds great. 
I'm thrilled that we have so many participants in the political theater that are persons of character and spine.
This vetting process will be exhilarating and I look forward to learning more about all of our favorites.

No more is it "anybody but Obama", it's been elevated to "nobody from the Ruling Class".

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
I'm not looking for the perfect candidate but how about one who's principles have remained constant over their lifetime/political career?

I have my doubts about Perry.  He couldn't see Gore for the dud he is?  I did and I'm not in politics.  I read about the HPV vaccine-lots of stuff.  He didn't? I had family members die from cancer--he's not unique in that.

Give me a break.  That's the man and now he's trying to swept it up into a pile and ask us to ignore it.

Lame.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."