Author Topic: Perry Regretting HPV Vaccine Mandate  (Read 3885 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Perry Regretting HPV Vaccine Mandate
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
At this point we have options as to who we want to run. How would you like to be the people stuck with Obama.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »

Columbia, South Carolina (CNN)
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, has her own history on the HPV issue.

In 2007, ...Haley was throwing her support behind a similar bill in South Carolina....

... Unlike the executive order for which Perry is taking heat, this legislative mandate did not include a provision for parents to opt out of inoculating their daughters.
Within months, fierce opposition mounted, and legislative records back up accounts from sources who recall sponsors "dropping like flies" before a unanimous vote killed the bill on April 18, 2007.

More than a dozen legislators formally requested to be removed as sponsors from the bill, but the future governor of South Carolina was not one of them.

Link

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 03:47:52 PM »
The problem with politicians is they never understand how much the voters will accept.  Sure, outside of a minority, most will accept some vaccinations as necessary but when it starts to appear that every new vaccine that comes down the pike is being mandated especially without a groundswell of voter support this happens.
And I think it's not unique to this issue.  Any issue.  Once people get the idea that the fiction most live with--that politicians actually care about us---is untrue then the resentment builds and then any issue becomes fair game to nail a politician on.

I bet Haley swallowed hard when she heard the firestorm around Perry's history.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 04:55:51 PM »
I'll bet she did, and rightly so.

I'd like to think they're all learning something new about "how much the voter will accept" these days, which is, to my way of thinking, "damn little/you work for us/mind your Ps & Qs".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"