Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

Hmmm...I might just ditch my Mossberg 500 for this

<< < (2/3) > >>

trapeze:

--- Quote from: Glock32 on February 27, 2011, 01:21:26 AM ---I have a Lenser T7 that does 167 lumens with four AAA batteries. It's small and handy, and the reflector produces the cleanest, sharpest beam of any adjustable spot/flood I've seen. It can easily be carried around in a pocket.

I also have a Fenix TK40 that throws out 630 lumens in the highest setting. It has three lower settings, and all the settings have an alternate mode (slow strobe, SOS, slow flash, fast strobe). The fast strobe is at the full 630 lumen output, and it would make an excellent weapon light because it's extremely disorienting to anyone you shine it at, but not so for anyone behind the light. This one uses eight AA batteries.

I use the new generation NiMH rechargeables in both lights. They're better at providing high current output than alkalines, and of course can be used over and over.

--- End quote ---

Hey, how about a link or two?  Especially the Fenix.

Glock32:
Fenix TK40 - http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=94

Another cool feature of the Fenix is that it uses digitally regulated output, so it maintains constant brightness without dimming as the batteries drain. When the batteries are about shot, the light will start flickering.

Lenser T7 - http://www.zweibrueder.com/ENG/produkte/html_highperformance/html_Tserie/t7.php?id=t7

I heartily and without hesitation recommend both of these. The Fenix would be suitable for mounting on a rifle or shotgun, though I'm not sure if any brackets are made specific for it.

trapeze:
It's too bad these things are all made by the ChiComms.

The_Basseteer:
Hmmmm bayonet.... My bedroom gun is a Remington 870 with an 18 1/2 inch barrel and a 2 round magazine extension. One of the things my Dad left me when he died last August was a 1903  bayonet (Dad was a Marine in the Solomons) and a Model 1917 .30 Rifle, (Eddystone Arsenal). Mounting a bayonet lug on the end of the mag extension would be pretty easy.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: The_Basseteer on March 05, 2011, 10:45:29 AM ---Hmmmm bayonet.... My bedroom gun is a Remington 870 with an 18 1/2 inch barrel and a 2 round magazine extension. One of the things my Dad left me when he died last August was a 1903  bayonet (Dad was a Marine in the Solomons) and a Model 1917 .30 Rifle, (Eddystone Arsenal). Mounting a bayonet lug on the end of the mag extension would be pretty easy.

--- End quote ---

We'll be looking forward to photos of your project!

And welcome aboard Basseteer!
 ::whoohoo::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version