Author Topic: A few tidbits from the mind of a hyprocrite  (Read 928 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
A few tidbits from the mind of a hyprocrite
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:41:47 AM »
Trade deficit:
Buffett views the United States' expanding trade deficit as a trend that will devalue the US dollar and US assets. He believes that the US dollar will lose value in the long run, as a result of putting a larger portion of ownership of US assets in the hands of foreigners. In his letter to shareholders in March 2005, Warren Buffett predicted that in another ten years’ time the net ownership of the U.S. by outsiders would amount to $11 trillion.

Americans ... would chafe at the idea of perpetually paying tribute to their creditors and owners abroad. A country that is now aspiring to an ‘ownership society’ will not find happiness in – and I’ll use hyperbole here for emphasis – a 'sharecropping society’.

Author Ann Pettifor has adopted the image in her writings and has stated: "He is right. And so the thing we must fear most now, is not just the collapse of banks and investment funds, or of the international financial architecture, but of a 'sharecropper society, angry at its downfall"

Buffett and tobacco:
During the RJR Nabisco, Inc. hostile takeover fight in 1987, Buffett was quoted as telling John Gutfreund:[123]

I’ll tell you why I like the cigarette business. It costs a penny to make. Sell it for a dollar. It’s addictive. And there’s fantastic brand loyalty.
—Buffett, quoted in Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco
Speaking at Berkshire Hathaway Inc.'s 1994 annual meeting, Buffett said investments in tobacco are:[124]

fraught with questions that relate to societal attitudes and those of the present administration. I would not like to have a significant percentage of my net worth invested in tobacco businesses. The economy of the business may be fine, but that doesn't mean it has a bright future.
—Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting (1994)

Typical liberal that sees no faults in investing in "hazardous" habits for financial gain but God forbid we be allowed to live the way we see fit. What a sack...... ::rockethrow:: ::puke::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A few tidbits from the mind of a hyprocrite
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:36:19 AM »
When you're on the Left it's not "hypocrisy". It's "nuance" and "intellectualism".
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:42:07 AM »
"Nuance"

"Intellectualism"

Just populist code words for bullsh*t and mental laziness!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »
You got that right, you sure got that right.

Lynyrd Skynyrd-You Got That Right-1977
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.