Author Topic: Christine O'Donnell Walks Off CNN Set  (Read 3585 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Christine O'Donnell Walks Off CNN Set
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:26 AM »
I understand that Piers Morgan is a pompous liberal English ass but walking off the set is not the way to go.

Former Delaware U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell stormed off the set of "Piers Morgan Tonight" Wednesday, apparently objection to the CNN host's questions about gay marriage.

"I’m not being weird, you’re being a little rude," said to the host, right before storming off the program's set.

“Ms. O'Donnell wasn't happy about me quizzing her re views on witchcraft and sex. But really flipped at gay marriage Qs. Ripped mike and fled,” Morgan tweeted shortly after the taping.

"My first ever walk-out in 25 years of interviews," Morgan continued. "I guess viewers can decide if I was 'rude' or not tonight at 9pm ET. #CNN"

LINK

Personally, I think that the better approach would have been to stay and take the fight to him. She could have returned fire any number of ways including, "Gee, Piers, this homosexuality subject is really pretty important to you. Why is that?"

This is perhaps why she didn't have enough gas in the tank to get across the finish line in her campaign for the Senate. It isn't enough to be the conservative alternative. You have to be able to stand up to these leftist bullies and hit back, give them a bloody nose. Running away is not what winners do. I can't imagine Sarah Palin letting this prissy English game show host get away with this crap. I think she would skin him alive on air and make him run away.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Christine O'Donnell Walks Off CNN Set
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:44:33 AM »
She screwed up right from the start by agreeing to go on this worthless show.  After that point she should have done what you said...nailed his skin to the floor.

A double-screw up.

I think she's still treating wounds not fully healed from the last go-around and has not found a better method of exorcising those frustrations.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:53:03 AM »
She's articulate, and has some good things to say, but she's not big-league. She should never have thought she'd have a fair shot at promoting a book on that show or network, and if she thought it was worth it to try, she should have been prepared for every effort to make her look ridiculous.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »

Seems she has a propensity to hire bad advisers.  She has said of her last campaign that when she started listening to "experts" her campaign fumbled.  She could take notes from Michele.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:44 PM »
If possible it gets even more weird. I could post all of this but it's easier to just go to HotAir and read it there.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
I kinda think this chick is a flake. She said the right things and stood for the right things in her campaign. But I think this is someone who should learn when enough is enough.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 12:33:30 PM »
I kinda think this chick is a flake. She said the right things and stood for the right things in her campaign. But I think this is someone who should learn when enough is enough.

I heard her on the radio last week. I had to turn it off. Unfortunately, she came off much as her critics described her.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 12:44:31 PM »
Yes, she's flaky. She might even have some psychological issues going on. But I bet she would have voted the right way 90%+ of the time in the Senate. More than can be said for the Dem OR her Republican primary opponent Mike Castle, and that is the telling part about what is wrong with the GOP establishment.

I'll take a bat-sh*t crazy Christine O'Donnell any day over the turds foisted upon us by Rove, the PTOS.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
Yes, she's flaky. She might even have some psychological issues going on. But I bet she would have voted the right way 90%+ of the time in the Senate. More than can be said for the Dem OR her Republican primary opponent Mike Castle, and that is the telling part about what is wrong with the GOP establishment.

I'll take a bat-sh*t crazy Christine O'Donnell any day over the turds foisted upon us by Rove, the PTOS.

Yeah, I know.  I thought that listening to her before I turned it off.

She's no more nuts than Rangle or Jackson-Lee.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 01:37:52 AM »

I agree ... She's a flake . But so is Piers Morgan . Maybe his program should be named "Flake To Flake" .

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »

Yeah, I know.  I thought that listening to her before I turned it off.

She's no more nuts than Rangle or Jackson-Lee.

I don't regret supporting her last year, and I agree with the first two bolded points above.

As to the third one, Rangel isn't nuts; he's corrupt.  Jackson-Lee isn't nuts; she's a virulent racist with the IQ of a whisk broom.

I'll take flaky Christine over them any day.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »
I agree that a slightly off-kilter Christine O'Donnell voting correctly every time would be infinitely better than any committed Leftist or RiNO.

But she lost, and she will never win any political office in Delaware - she'd have to relocate to a solid conservative area of the country to ever have a chance, after the way she's proven her critics right about her "weirdness".

So now, in retrospect, seeing Christine O'Donnell fleshed out and vetted, I only point out that she's a flake because, well, I think she is. And if I had my druthers, I'd rather have a non-flake articulating conservative ideals than a flake.

ETA: And another thing: Rove was 100% wrong to undermine her after she won the nomination. It was unforgivable. But he was right about her from an objective point of view. Rove's problem is that he picks and chooses when to be objective, and that makes him slime. And I'd take a flake over a slime any day.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 10:57:22 AM »
I've always found flaky to be kind of attractive...at least in a theoretical sense.

But the fact that she's both beautiful and single in her 40s should be a giant flashing neon warning sign, which I would do well to pay attention to.

Still, she's dang cute.  And single.  And not too far from me...
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »
And one more thing: I gave money to Christine O'Donnell. And Sharron Angle. And Joe Miller.

Joe Miller was a fine candidate who was f**ked by Lisa Murkowski and the deeply embedded establishment nature of Alaska Politics. But Angle and O'Donnell were, in my opinion, the grassroots flailing about for answers and settling on candidates who - in retrospect - could not win.

Sue Lowden or Danny Tarkanian could have beaten Harry Reid, and either one of them would have been light-years better than Reid. Mike Castle (gag) could have beaten Chris Coons, and he would have been an ever-frustrating thorn in the GOP side, but better than Coons.

I'm going to be more careful about behind whom I throw my support and resources, and I think the grassroots embodied by the Tea Party should take away a few lessons from 2010.

I'm not saying Castle should have been the nominee. I'm only saying that if he had been, he'd have won, and the Senate would have been one seat closer to majority GOP, with whatever that entails.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 11:42:22 AM »
Nah, time to double down.  Screw the RINOs.  If Castle had won, he would just be another reliable "aisle-crosser" like McCain, Graham, or the Maine sisters.  In reality, we didn't lose anything when Coons won.

O'Donnell beating Castle in the primary was a beautiful thing, and it scared the hell out of the Republican establishment.  The moral of that story is that if they don't want flaky Tea Party candidates running in the general election, they better get their sh*t together and nominate serious candidates that the base can vote for.  They have no one to blame but themselves if they nominate RINOs who lose the primary.  And RINOs should be primaried relentlessly.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »
It would mean Mitch McConnell had another yes-man. That's why those establishment appeals to get behind their choices mean nothing to me. When the shoe was on the other foot, as it was in Delaware, Nevada, and Alaska, did the establishment reciprocate by supporting the candidates chosen by the grassroots? No. In fact, they did more than nothing, they actively undermined those candidates even at the risk of handing an election to the Democrats.

Maybe they've made me a bit jaded, but I'm of a mind to spite the Ruling Class at every turn. I would literally see a Democrat win rather than one of their pre-packaged RINOs. If you think about it, it's the same message they've been sending the grassroots all along anyway, because they clearly would literally see a Democrat win rather than one of our candidates. So eff 'em. That's my view.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:48:57 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 11:57:22 AM »

IDP, If I read your frustration correctly, you're saying better our weasel than their pos.  
Maybe they weren't the perfect candidates but IMHO it's better to sponsor our TeaParty
and fight the establishment harder until they are discredited, as Rove may succeed with
our help, in doing.  And at the same time with our help the TeaParty putting forward stronger
candidates.

That assistance the  many gave to candidates, even though they lost, helped solidify
into common consciousness that we are many and we are not going lightly.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:01:44 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 12:01:57 PM »
...at the same time with our help the TeaParty putting forward stronger candidates....

That's really what I'm saying. Believe me, I don't want more Mike Castles. But if we're going to replace them on the ticket, we'd better be mindful of who we're replacing them with, and learn from our mistakes.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 12:14:28 PM »
...at the same time with our help the TeaParty putting forward stronger candidates....

That's really what I'm saying. Believe me, I don't want more Mike Castles. But if we're going to replace them on the ticket, we'd better be mindful of who we're replacing them with, and learn from our mistakes.

I'm betting we will.  One of which is - the flake gets in and is too flaky, next time the flake is out.  None of this "establishment" incumbent crap.

I've seen rumblings about Allen West coming from Fla. over the debt-ceiling fight and I have no problem with his constituents deciding they're unsatisfied with him, regardless of what I or the other pundits say.  We, and they, need to firmly establish that just one misstep may be enough to get you primaried next time 'round, regardless of the support that put you in office.  No mercy.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 01:20:18 PM »
TANGENTIAL ALERT:
                               That PTOS Karl Rove just had his asp handed to him on Fox News Sunday, first by Bret
                                Baer then by Bill Burton, it's in the first mmmm 15 minuets of the show which will be
                                aired again sometime today.   It's a good watch.

yeah, and I'm a dancing bear