Author Topic: Army sargent Staff Sgt. Daryn Moran being discharged...  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Army sargent Staff Sgt. Daryn Moran being discharged...
« on: August 18, 2011, 07:05:44 AM »
Typical AP tripe against so-called "birthers"...

Regardless of your opinion of the merits, you have to respect his opinion about not liking Musslims in the service, liberalizing of homosexual activity and calling for Obama to be arrested!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_AIR_FORCE_BIRTHER?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-17-20-45-19

I wish him well in his transition to civilian life.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Army sargent Staff Sgt. Daryn Moran being discharged...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:52:03 PM »
I wish him well in his transition to civilian life.

Amen. A man sticks to his values and this is how he gets treated. ::doublebird::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Army sargent Staff Sgt. Daryn Moran being discharged...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
It is bad timing more than anything, this kind of challenge would never be possible had Duh Wun not got into office.  Refusing to follow the CIC is a death knell and he knew it, but the statement was more important to him than the potential punishments.  Right, wrong or indifferent it was his call and he made it.  I respect his service and share his distate for ills being perpetrated in our ranks. 

This kind of situation gets me thinking about the concept of lawful and unlawful orders, something the REMF's in the Pentagon seem to be winnowing out of the gene pool, and I fear what an unthinking, unquestioning and slavishly obedient military could be capable of if grossly misused by an evil CIC.  I shudder at the thought!  God spare us the day!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.