Author Topic: Libyan revolt news  (Read 4962 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Libyan revolt news
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
Remember yesterday and all the 75K refugee Libyans running from Quadaffie to Tunisian safety?  Tonight, Fox, Jonathan Hunt , while showing video of no people at the Tunisian gate described yesterday's mass as people fleeing in order to return to their country of origin.  Implicit in that comment is that these people were not Libyans running from Quadaffie but foreign workers, Bangles, Indians, whatever, trying to get the heck out of a war zone.  A war that they have no allegiance to and the warriors have no kinship with them.  zip

Egypt, any breaking news there? And all of the rest of the mid-east, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, these reporters and our elected and appointed officials do not know pizzaz.  Their reporting and press conferences are a reckless and dangerous behavior.  

Now, they are beating the drum for a no fly zone.  A NFZ the way they are talking about it is an act of war.  The only reason it is not an act of war is that they all (NATO or something like it) agree to call it an NFZ instead of a declaration of war.  And if we do committ to this it will be our resources taken away from places such as, China Seas? Arabian Sea?  under administration by CIC Chairman Zero.  PIZZAZ!

"Would to Heaven we had a navy to reform those enemies to mankind, or crush them into non-existence,"

_ _ George Washington

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 07:10:29 AM »
Duh (Lame) Wun doesn't have to the stones to go with a NFZ, not without UN & NATO cover anyway.  And we're not leaving the Arabian Sea anytime soon.  There is always 2 carrier groups on deployment, so in this case both the Arabian & Med would be covered, leaving the western Pacific to be covered by the current USS Neverdock, the Washington out of Yokasuka.  But it would shorten the turn-around times for post/pre-deployment groups.

The other thing about foreigners fleeing war zones, tends to ratchet up the level of violence, less concern over "incidents"...so I would expect things to turn nastier.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 06:15:47 AM »
Oboner knows little and could care less about foreign affairs . His biggest concern is domestic and reconfiguring this country into a Stalinist clone .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »
That's for sure, SH!  And the proof?  Well it's all around, just look!

What's Obamakov doing now, with the Mideast in flames and oil & gas prices rising?

He's going golfing, again, for the eight bazillionth time!

::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »
Libyan no fly zone?  Why?  I agree with Gates on this issue, although he doesn't say so, I am thinking why would we want to give a bunch of harder hardcore Islamists another nation?  A weaker Muammar government might be easier to deal with than some Iranian style 12th Imam batsh*t-crazy bastards.

Whatever his reason, I hope Gates convinces Duh Wun a NFZ is not in our interests.  We'll see who wins, Gates or the Arab League!

I am not hopeful...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.169f36d31634e648d6dcacdc2a3042c3.521&show_article=1

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »
Oy.  I can't believe this stupidity of entangling ourselves in the Middle East is about to be prolonged.  We need to inform these barbarians that they are free to kill each other and themselves, any further war-making against, and importuning of, the West AND OUR ALLIES will be met with dire consequences, and then get the hell out.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 12:49:37 PM »

Since WWII we have not completed a mission, Granada excepted.
We should not contemplate any action with this incompetent administration.
A politician or military leader espousing dynamic action for any reason is doing so for his own aggrandizement and not in the interest of America.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »

Since WWII we have not completed a mission, Granada excepted.
We should not contemplate any action with this incompetent administration.
A politician or military leader espousing dynamic action for any reason is doing so for his own aggrandizement and not in the interest of America.

You forgot Panama ...

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »
The big problem is that we don't know who we're dealing with and seem to be making no effort to find out . Of course the usual list of peripheral and shady characters exists like al-Queda and the Muslim Brotherhood and if they represent the real spirit behind the revolt then screw them . The best we could hope for is that they kill each other with no help from us but that won't happen . Libya won't remain a power vacuum . If the Arab League and concerned Arab countries want a no fly zone over Libya then they have adequate air forces to do it themselves ( Egypt , Saudi Arabia and Jordan have first rate air forces ) . Why then are they sitting on their burnooses ? Because it's easier if the West takes the chances and the possible fall leaving their own hands clean .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »
The big problem is that we don't know who we're dealing with and seem to be making no effort to find out . Of course the usual list of peripheral and shady characters exists like al-Queda and the Muslim Brotherhood and if they represent the real spirit behind the revolt then screw them . The best we could hope for is that they kill each other with no help from us but that won't happen . Libya won't remain a power vacuum . If the Arab League and concerned Arab countries want a no fly zone over Libya then they have adequate air forces to do it themselves ( Egypt , Saudi Arabia and Jordan have first rate air forces ) . Why then are they sitting on their burnooses ? Because it's easier if the West takes the chances and the possible fall leaving their own hands clean .

They know were hurting financially and it would be two birds with one stone.I'm for keeping out of it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 03:13:56 PM »
I agree, we need to stay out. That way we'll be treated to all the same exact people who criticize the US for getting involved everywhere criticize us for not getting involved.

If they want a No Fly Zone, let the Arabs and/or Europeans deal with it. We're mired in enough half-measures as it is.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 03:32:54 PM »
I agree, we need to stay out. That way we'll be treated to all the same exact people who criticize the US for getting involved everywhere criticize us for not getting involved.

If they want a No Fly Zone, let the Arabs and/or Europeans deal with it. We're mired in enough half-measures as it is.

The ydon't supply us with shyt so I don't see the interest in them. And for Gods sake don't arm any more rebels.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »
What we need is another strongly worded resolution by the United Nations. Then, and only then can we gather around the campfire, hold hands in solidarity, and sing Kubaya . . .

Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »

The MSM blathers on about less rebels and Quadifi struggling to press forward.
Never a word to the thought he let the rebels play themselves out, also reveal the leaders, before finishing the play. 

Also, the often mentioned tribal system he allowed to continue but never a mention that geographically and tribally there was no rebellion to him.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 07:16:47 AM »
This Regime is dysfunctional as hell.  No wonder other nations are having little faith in anything we say...

First, Hildabeast is manuevering like going beyond a NFZ to direct intervention air assualt in Libya is a realistic option, replete with getting the Egyptian's to jump through hoops...

http://www.debka.com/article/20772/

Then we have Duh Wun wetting himself over offending the Persian's if he does anything in Libya!  (Also an indirect admission that Shiite's are a force within the rebellion, eh?!)

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/03/team-obama-afraid-intervention-in-libya-will-upset-iran/

What a completely effed up outfit!  Team Obama!  Team Incompetent!  Team Appeasement!  Team UnAmerica!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 08:10:10 AM »
Courtesy of Stymie ... "The Jig's up !"  Libyan Revolt ...R.I.P.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »
Courtesy of Stymie ... "The Jig's up !"  Libyan Revolt ...R.I.P.

How could it be dead when the Comader and chief said Daffy has to go? Doesn't Daffy know who he's dealing with?

Filippo Mazzie