Author Topic: More horror in Acapulco  (Read 1680 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
More horror in Acapulco
« on: August 20, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
5 decapitated bodies, 2 scalped, found in popular Acapulco spots

ACAPULCO — Mexican authorities say two decapitated and scalped bodies were left outside a Sam’s Club store in Acapulco and three headless corpses were found on the main tourist strip in the resort city.

Guerrero state police say in a statement that the bodies discovered outside the Sam’s Club were cut into more than 20 pieces. The skin on their faces and scalps had been removed and left in a woman’s purse at the scene.

The state police said the three other decapitated bodies were found Saturday in a car parked on the boulevard Miguel Aleman near a gas station 200 meters (656.17 feet) from the Sam’s Club. One of the victims was a woman. The heads have not been located.

Nearly two dozen Acapulco gas stations closed temporarily Friday in protest of escalating violence.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: More horror in Acapulco
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
Which is why, on any future Caribbean cruise, I will not get off the boat in any Mexican port. The Mexicans will not see a penny from me. Period.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
We used to go to Vallarta annually. By all accounts I've read, the drug violence has not escalated there as it has other places. Still, we've made the decision that it is not worth the risk. We'll no longer vacation in Mexico. And it's a shame, because there is much to love, even though the obvious third-world squalor is never more than a short stroll away. We've enjoyed many wonderful vacations in Mexico, and enjoyed nothing but the most wonderful hospitality from both the tourism industry as well as the local population.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
We used to go to Vallarta annually. By all accounts I've read, the drug violence has not escalated there as it has other places. Still, we've made the decision that it is not worth the risk. We'll no longer vacation in Mexico. And it's a shame, because there is much to love, even though the obvious third-world squalor is never more than a short stroll away. We've enjoyed many wonderful vacations in Mexico, and enjoyed nothing but the most wonderful hospitality from both the tourism industry as well as the local population.

Agreed.

The Ruling Class are allowing their nation to be torn apart for their own greed.
How could they do that?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

We enjoyed out trips there but never again.I don't need the grief.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »

I too have enjoyed trips to Mexico and  share the same good feelings expressed about the people and the visits.

These horrors and worse goes on every day  and  night.  I followed these activities for a while because I actually thought their government wanted to stop it; THEY DON'T.  The military  and  police appear to have carte blanche and they are armed well enough.  So, what's stopping them?  Only one thing comes to mind.

This sad and shameful thing happening to Mexico is beyond expression.   

:'(

"A hundred years to come my people will not be fit for liberty."
       _ General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, 1836

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:11 AM »
And yet Fred Reed up and moved to Mexico, not sure where, and is sure he's better off there than here.  Of course, he's got a small community of ex-pats and good Mexican folks around, so maybe that makes a difference.  I dunno.

Look, if you're interested, for "Fred On Everything".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:18 AM »

Reality Check, Mexico
This is the Mexico I knew.  Mexico without the horror show.
He disassociates it from the narco war, how, is difficult to understand.

[blockquote]
Without the narco wars, Mexico would be a corrupt, reasonably functional, genuinely advancing upper Third-World country.
[/blockquote]