Author Topic: The Brumby Pump  (Read 3862 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
The Brumby Pump
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:11:27 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Re: The Brumby Pump
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »

http://www.brumbypumps.com/products
S1 pump (SKU: X01-22)S1 pump (SKU: X01-22)The S1 pump is designed to fit into 100mm (4 inch) or larger well/bore casings. The pump requires a submersion to lift ratio of over 1/3. *That means if you have a well/bore that's 90ft deep, you need at least 30ft of water in the bottom to flow to the top.
Price:    $549.00
567.56 USD

This thing sounds great for a back up or WTSHTF.

but this* sounds like one would need a river at the bottom of the bore hole

*That means if you have a well/bore that's 90ft deep, you need at least 30ft of water in the bottom to flow to the top.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
No moving parts and it seems to work well for a well that deep. It should be good for lake pumping too.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »

I don't understand the terminology.  What does "30' of water in the bottom" mean?     The pump submerged 30' below the water line? 

Wow

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »

I don't understand the terminology.  What does "30' of water in the bottom" mean?     The pump submerged 30' below the water line? 

Wow

I think based on the pumps capability to move water inside a [ipe it needs that much as not to pump the well dry and wait for recovery. Just guessing.A lot of it also has to depent on how fast water flows into the pipe(well casing). I just like the idea of everything being above ground and cheap.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:19 AM »
This looks like a cheap way to procure drinking water....

EMERGENCY WATER FILTER SYSTEM SHTF
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:36:15 AM »

Fifty bucks for super clean water.  For packing and space saving,  those two bucket will hold a lot of necessaries - two five gallon bug out buckets.  Zoom zoom

Well water is not contaminated unless something from above ground has gone down the casing or some evil corporation or farmer is pouring so many contaminates on the ground that they are seeping 90+ feet through the earth.  And that Brumby is very attractive for an emergency situation, irrigation also. Paying the well digger's labor to haul up 100' of pipe is a lot more expensive than reeling up a hose.

I still can't figure that 30' of water.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »

Fifty bucks for super clean water.  For packing and space saving,  those two bucket will hold a lot of necessaries - two five gallon bug out buckets.  Zoom zoom

Well water is not contaminated unless something from above ground has gone down the casing or some evil corporation or farmer is pouring so many contaminates on the ground that they are seeping 90+ feet through the earth.  And that Brumby is very attractive for an emergency situation, irrigation also. Paying the well digger's labor to haul up 100' of pipe is a lot more expensive than reeling up a hose.

Drop them a line now that you've got me bugged by the same thing.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »

Fifty bucks for super clean water.  For packing and space saving,  those two bucket will hold a lot of necessaries - two five gallon bug out buckets.  Zoom zoom

Well water is not contaminated unless something from above ground has gone down the casing or some evil corporation or farmer is pouring so many contaminates on the ground that they are seeping 90+ feet through the earth.  And that Brumby is very attractive for an emergency situation, irrigation also. Paying the well digger's labor to haul up 100' of pipe is a lot more expensive than reeling up a hose.

It's not necessarily that 30' of water is a requirement; what's needed is the well/bore have at least 1/3 of it's length filled with water.  This pump aerates the water; it isn't pushed drawn up so much as it bubbles up and that much static water in the well/bore is needed to create a pressure difference so there is enough water already present to bubble and move up the pipe.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:40:46 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »

Thanks, now all that's necessary to do is run a measuring tape to the bottom of the well then draw it back up and see if thirty feet of it is wet.  ::thinking::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
That, or if there's a willing midget 'round.  ;D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »

Thanks, now all that's necessary to do is run a measuring tape to the bottom of the well then draw it back up and see if thirty feet of it is wet.  ::thinking::

How about just a string that stays wet.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 05:38:45 PM »

Hey! It beats a It's better than a midget.  ::angel::