Topics > Radical Islam/GWOT

Stratfor disputes OBL killing

(1/3) > >>

charlesoakwood:

I hear a comment coming soon from Ann.

Link

--- Quote ---ISLAMABAD - Globally recognised intelligence and forecast STRATFOR has rejected the US Central Intelligence Agency claim that the man killed in Abbottabad’s compound by US Naval SEALs was al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
Pakistan’s former spymaster Lt Gen (r) Hamid Gul told TheNation they never challenged credence of the STRATFOR. “I agree with the latest intelligence gathering about May 2 operation’s follow up. This remains one of the reasons the CIA never informed its Pakistan counterpart ISI when it decided to kill a fake bin Laden”, he said.

--- End quote ---

rickl:
I've believed he's been dead for years.

::popcorn::

IronDioPriest:
A distraction, meant to create a controversy during the election season in which the Leftists can portray deniers of the official account as radical extremists?

Given the track record, it would be foolish not to suspect such a cynical maneuver as one possibility.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: IronDioPriest on August 22, 2011, 02:02:42 AM ---A distraction, meant to create a controversy during the election season in which the Leftists can portray deniers of the official account as radical extremists?

Given the track record, it would be foolish not to suspect such a cynical maneuver as one possibility.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't be the first time nor the last.

Libertas:
I've been loath to broach this subject ever since I got wind of it, mostly because it is so outrageous and because requires a conspiracy of momentous proportions...but since Stratfor is raising this I guess now is as good a time to discuss this.  If OBL was not killed in that compound, then who was?  Stratfor seems to think just another bad guy worth snuffing.  fine, I'm OK withthat, but why CIA and others insist it was OBL? 

The article mentions this -

The Washinton-based journalist termed the crash of US Army’s Chinook helicopter and killings of over 36 US Naval SEALs as a part of the effort to finish left over evidence which could lead to facts of May 2 US action in Abbottabad.”

That statement seems to echo the disturbing narrative I heard is that this was not OBL but played up to be OBL so as to give Obama a boost in the polls at a time when he was starting to tank big time.  Now, it appears this is a desperate length to go to just to get a bounce in the polls so far removed from election day, so to me it seems ridiculous.  An October surprise next year would have made more sense for such a stunt.  More disturbingly, some chatter has been asserting that the downing of the SEALs in Afghanistan was orchestrated to keep those who knew the truth about who was or was not killed in the Abbottobad compound raid.  This to me is unthinkable and would require the assistance of too many people to keep under wraps.  The very thought that people in our government and military and security services could be capable of executing such a despicable act enrages me to volcanic heights.  I simply find it impossible to believe such a conspiracy is possible for such a flimsy purpose!

I am left having to come up with other weak sounding excuses as to why the 160th wasn't used for the SEALs, why they SEALs were and a routine rotation and all the other extenuating issues one hand; and on the other hand coming up with reasons why I should trust a government run by a POS like Obama who seems to corrupt everything and everyone he comes into contact with.

The other option is that the two incidents are unrealted and that maybe OBL wasn't whacked and that's why Obama never released any photos and the SEALs going down was just an accident.

::whatgives::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version