Author Topic: Corporatism, lost or what?  (Read 650 times)

charlesoakwood

Corporatism, lost or what?
« on: August 24, 2011, 06:46:27 PM »

Red State has established itself as a major player.  
It reminds me of LGF in a good way.  A superior blog will take its place.

Radtke vs. Red State

Our forthright support for Radtke is a luxury afforded by our independence, a luxury that :some others might envy

[blockquote]  
 Ben Smith at Politico today reports that Erick Erickson of Red State backed off his early endorsement of Jamie Radtke — a Tea Party-backed candidate in the Republican primary for next year’s Senate race in Virginia — because of what Erickson called “the long term relationship” between former Sen. George Allen and Red State’s corporate owner, Eagle Publishing.[/blockquote]

Radtke’s campaign manager, Carter Wrenn, a veteran conservative who is legendarily known as a take-no-prisoners operative. There’s already a Memeorandum thread, so it’s time to pop some popcorn if you enjoy a bloody internecine knife-fight.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:49:59 PM by Charles Oakwood »

charlesoakwood

Re: Corporatism, lost or what?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »

Erick's Tale

It's sick that Conservatives are acting like the Whigs and are forming a perfect circle.
It is necessary to read all the links and linked links before making a viable decision.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:46 PM »

Red State has established itself as a major player.  
It reminds me of LGF in a good way.  A superior blog will take its place.

What on earth does that mean?

I never got into the habit of reading Red State, so I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »
I'd say the Whig comparison is apt, once the blood is mopped up off the floor though who will remember who started what?  I know I am left scratching my head.  I'm guessing Allen is the lynchpin, but aside from Macaca (Sp?) I am wondering what nefarious link to Allen really implies.  If this is a tone thing I'm gonna redden some asses!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.