Author Topic: More hungry children  (Read 1560 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
More hungry children
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hunger_at_home/hunger-home-american-children-malnourished/story?id=14367230

After reading the whole article, I notice a couple things.
1) The drive to get MORE people dependent on the gubment tit is still going strong.
2) Not ONE adult (parent or guardian) was interviewed.

Just the POSSIBILITY some child may go hungry is enough to crank up the propaganda. When the fvck are these "reporters" going to give up? ::gaah::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Janny

Re: More hungry children
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
You hit the nail on the head. Nowhere in the article is there even a mention of the PARENT'S responsibility to feed these kids. I am not buying what they are selling. Kids can get free food very easily in the public school system. This is an appeal for more and more government involvement.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
As I wrote, repeatedly, this garbage just pushes my buttons. Did you catch the repeated references to "food insecurity"?

... the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which runs 15 food aid programs, including the nationwide free and subsidized school lunch program and WIC, a supplemental food program that provides tailored food supplements to pregnant women and families with children under age 5 whose household income is less than 185 percent of the gross federal poverty limit. That's an annual gross income of $41,348 for a family of four.

FIFTEEN! "food aid" programs all over the country, not including local food banks and they're claiming kids are --- not really hungry -- just food insecure.

I can get a big package of nice, fat chicken breasts on sale for $3 and change; beans and rice in bulk are CHEAP as well, so why are these kids not "secure"?!

BAH!!  Can't take it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hunger_at_home/hunger-home-american-children-malnourished/story?id=14367230

After reading the whole article, I notice a couple things.
1) The drive to get MORE people dependent on the gubment tit is still going strong.
2) Not ONE adult (parent or guardian) was interviewed.

Just the POSSIBILITY some child may go hungry is enough to crank up the propaganda. When the fvck are these "reporters" going to give up? ::gaah::

The kid in the pic looks like he is bored....Not hungry. Go figure.

I will say this about kids, food and school. I participate in a program run by a local church where we gather food( during the school year) to fit into a back pack. We distribute food to families we find who are in need, in rural counties where obamanomics is not working as promised. I'm not talking about families who are on every gov't program imagineable, I'm speaking about families genuinely having a difficult time who need assistance, who want to work, do work and will do any type of work.

It's why stories such as this infuriate me. This is nothing more than a " I want more free stuff so my welfare check goes farther" article. It is insulting to me and believe me, it is insulting to the families I have had the privledge to meet. They are truely grateful and many insist to do some type of work for the help. So guess what, they pull weeds, mow church property, wash a window....It is truely inspirational, I believe how God intended and one of the few things that helps me keep my faith in a few people.

Articles like this test my sanity. You'll never see any of these idiots write a story of REAL assistance and REAL gratitude. We are beneath them.

To the article ::doublebird::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 03:27:43 PM »
On the other hand, there's this, Don, which is likely not going to make you feel any better:

The federal government is moving to crack down on a bizarre form of food-stamp fraud that's flushing away taxpayer dollars.

The scam is called "water dumping." It works as follows: Food stamp recipients use their benefits to purchase water bottles and from there promptly dump the water out and redeem the bottles for cash.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/24/federal-government-tries-to-stop-food-stamp-water-dumping-fraud/#ixzz1W4fim81o

It's done with other beverages as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »
On the other hand, there's this, Don, which is likely not going to make you feel any better:

The federal government is moving to crack down on a bizarre form of food-stamp fraud that's flushing away taxpayer dollars.

The scam is called "water dumping." It works as follows: Food stamp recipients use their benefits to purchase water bottles and from there promptly dump the water out and redeem the bottles for cash.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/24/federal-government-tries-to-stop-food-stamp-water-dumping-fraud/#ixzz1W4fim81o

It's done with other beverages as well.

I'm guessing the obvious answer to food stamp fraud will never be (e)mplemented. (i or e?)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:48 PM »
(i).

Maybe not, but this is part of what scorches my rear about this "food insecure" nonsense.  If this is what adults are doing with their "assistance" instead of feeding their kids, somebody needs a gawdamn beatin', 'cause how many times, in how may different ways do we have to pay them to do so!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:45:53 PM »
(i).

Maybe not, but this is part of what scorches my rear about this "food insecure" nonsense.  If this is what adults are doing with their "assistance" instead of feeding their kids, somebody needs a gawdamn beatin', 'cause how many times, in how may different ways do we have to pay them to do so!

Fraud would stop if the punishment for fraud wasn't jail...but you lose your freebies.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:48:31 PM »

The secret eliminating 85% of this and the illegals woe is to cut all the freebies.
The mess will start clearing faster than you can say scat.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »

The secret eliminating 85% of this and the illegals woe is to cut all the freebies.
The mess will start clearing faster than you can say scat.

Eliminate 100% of it.  Let private organizations take care of it and they can kick the scammers and frauds out on their butts.

Gummint has no business being in the charity business.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 06:32:52 AM »
That is one of the stunning key findings of a new study to be released Thursday by Feeding America...

Just a press release, copy/pasted by a lazy reporter.  That's why I don't even read the crap anymore.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
In the old days, there wasn't food stamps or Snap.
There was surplus.

You went and picked up your box of food.
Good food.

Little bit like food banks now.

I'm sure the grocer lobby would have something to say about that