Author Topic: Gibson Guitars under Obama regulatory attack  (Read 13710 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gibson Guitars under Obama regulatory attack
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
Naturally, I like that idea.  It would not only bother the heck out of the Left, it would make the Ruling Class pukes in the GOP go pale!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:23 AM »
Naturally, I like that idea.  It would not only bother the heck out of the Left, it would make the Ruling Class pukes in the GOP go pale!

::whoohoo::

Me thinks it may be time to 'French Revolution' the Ruling Class Pukes, or RCP.  ::guillotine::
Anybody got a rope? ;)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
Guitar-Playing Rep. Thad McCotter on Gibson Raid: ‘One More Reason Big Gov’t Doesn‘t Rock’

Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, the guitar-playing congressman from Michigan and GOP presidential candidate, had strong words for the federal raids on Gibson Guitar factories this week...

<snip>

...“It‘s one more reason big government doesn’t rock,” McCotter told host Chris Daniel on Beck radio affiliate KMJ 105.9 in Fresno, Calif. Friday.

“You‘re looking at American artisans having the federal government come in and tell them they’d be better off if they let people in Madagascar or elsewhere do the work is insane,” McCotter said. “That’s outsourcing by government fiat from an administration that claims to oppose it.”

<snip>

If there can be anything positive to come from the Gibson situation, McCotter said, it would be to “show artists exactly why big government is a problem.”

Listen to the full interview below:

Rep. McCotter Blasts Obama's "Insane" Policies: Gibson Edition
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »
I wish somebody would say, "This isn't government; it's organized crime."
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 10:03:51 PM »

It'll have to get worse before politicians will go there. For now it's up to us. But I feel ya.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 02:35:42 PM »

Agreed.....And will be my choice from this day forward.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »

It's organized crime made legal; an oxymoron, I know.  Nevertheless .......

And I've got some boob here (local forum) defending the raid on the grounds that Gibson makes a crap guitar from inferior materials using poor craftsmanship.  Which, I guess, makes it okey-dokey with him that we now have armed "wood police".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
...And I've got some boob here [saying] that Gibson makes a crap guitar from inferior materials using poor craftsmanship...

That person does not have a clue what they're talking about.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
...And I've got some boob here [saying] that Gibson makes a crap guitar from inferior materials using poor craftsmanship...

That person does not have a clue what they're talking about.

SSDD, IDP.  Same boob I went round&round with over the "handwriting is script" issue; who insists there is "no such thing as race"; that "of course English should be taught -- but shouldn't be our national language", with a soft-spot for illegals.

He's the band teacher in one of our high schools.  (Wouldn't that make you just so happy he's in contact with kids?)

He asserts that as he also repairs instruments, he should know how bad Gibson's are. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »
It's the same kind of contrarian personality that will insist to their dying breath that Harley Davidsons are junk. They don't like the price tag, the exclusivity, and the loyalty of owners, so they create a set of "facts" in their own mind and repeat them as if their assertion supports the "facts".

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »
It's the same kind of contrarian personality that will insist to their dying breath that Harley Davidsons are junk. They don't like the price tag, the exclusivity, and the loyalty of owners, so they create a set of "facts" in their own mind and repeat them as if their assertion supports the "facts".

Yep.  AND .... he's a lefty, so in his world, Martin is a "conservative" company even though they donate primarily to the left.

People like him do not understand the world of sht gonna be coming down on every holder of old musical instruments if the F & W "Service" decides to go full monte on their asses.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2011, 04:20:26 PM »
Yea, he's a real pip. I bet he feeeeeeels that he is 'saving' the kids from 'right-wingnuts' when I know he's creating docile little sheep - ready for the slaughterhouse.

I am just the tiniest bit disappointed (there's that word again!) - I thought that this might be one issue that would cross the ideological divide. Perhaps the lack of other lefty commenters tells the true story and this guy is just the outlier. After all he is a snob (although I can't fathom why ;-)  Luthier my azz - I wouldn't let him touch a Howdy-Doody wind-up guitar.

I gargoyled the story with a mind towards getting stronger corroboration of the Martin side of things, especially the political contributions. I hate repeating something that I can't actually defend. There are hundreds of stories out there but they're mostly cookie-cutter copy/paste hack jobs. It's almost as if they're leaving it up to the commenters (like us) to ferret out the details. Lazy bums!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
Yea, he's a real pip. I bet he feeeeeeels that he is 'saving' the kids from 'right-wingnuts' when I know he's creating docile little sheep - ready for the slaughterhouse.

I am just the tiniest bit disappointed (there's that word again!) - I thought that this might be one issue that would cross the ideological divide. Perhaps the lack of other lefty commenters tells the true story and this guy is just the outlier. After all he is a snob (although I can't fathom why ;-)  Luthier my azz - I wouldn't let him touch a Howdy-Doody wind-up guitar.

I gargoyled the story with a mind towards getting stronger corroboration of the Martin side of things, especially the political contributions. I hate repeating something that I can't actually defend. There are hundreds of stories out there but they're mostly cookie-cutter copy/paste hack jobs. It's almost as if they're leaving it up to the commenters (like us) to ferret out the details. Lazy bums!

From the interview with Henry (last name looks like an eye-chart), Gibson's CEO, he says he's given to both Dems & Reps over the years, more to Reps lately.

I can't remember where I saw it, but donor information about Chris Martin IV, CF Martin's CEO was sourced from OpenSecrets.org.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »
Yep.  I knew this is what he would say, and I've been waiting nevertheless ........

{hah!} Who f**king cares? The dekulakization has begun: who f**king cares?

My e-mail inbox has been flooded with popular requests to address this on my blog. I have nothing to say about it: I've said it all before. Tell me: why shouldn't I turn cynical and throw every one of you to the dogs? Why shouldn't I start voting? Why shouldn't I start paying taxes to fund these sonsofbitches?

They came for my cigarettes -- who among you said one word against it? I could ask questions like this all day long and there are no answers.

Why should I care? I've got a bagful of nice guitars, and when they take them away from me, then I'll be in the same leaking kayak with the rest of you, with one signal difference: I always told you they were coming, and almost all of you always thought I was out of my mind.

Well, I wasn't. I was way ahead of all of you.

Tell me why I should give one sh*t in the world, now.

ttomm46

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
I heard the CEO of Gibson on Mark Levin...his competition is all union and Gibson isn't....He gets Raided and his competitors don't...Same sources of wood but the are all union and Gibson isn't..the union scum and their allies strike again.. ::rockethrow::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2011, 05:38:16 AM »

I think I already did . . . In this thread . . .

Obama Justice Department has become the Caporegime of the Chicago Thug-in-Chief.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »

Yep.  AND .... he's a lefty, so in his world, Martin is a "conservative" company even though they donate primarily to the left.

People like him do not understand the world of sht gonna be coming down on every holder of old musical instruments if the F & W "Service" decides to go full monte on their asses.

Finally made it work!  Scroll down to Martin, Christian.

Martin donation information.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
Yea, a day or two after that conversation I figured out how to get Chris's contributions, but I can't make the database divulge what (if anything) the company contributed.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »
Yea, a day or two after that conversation I figured out how to get Chris's contributions, but I can't make the database divulge what (if anything) the company contributed.

Hmmm.  Why is that important?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »

Hmmm.  Why is that important?

If you look at the coach's assertion, even though he denies that the political activities are irrelevant (bullsh!t), Gibson, Inc. donated to the GOP but the CF Martin Co. didn't donate to the dhimmis.

I can't tell if they did or didn't.