Author Topic: Bachmann, seeds of discontent  (Read 895 times)

charlesoakwood

Bachmann, seeds of discontent
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:59:24 AM »

Her campaign has made few missteps but there have been rumors for a while about Rep. Bachmann's not mixing with the hoi polloi and problems with staff.  The occurrence of rumors of aloofness, hiring Ed Rollins, staff discontent and misstatements such as the one on the anniversary of Elvis' death, if they continue, do not bode well for her campaign.

Fox News:Link

[blockquote]
..., there is a growing chorus of criticism about the way Rep. Michele Bachmann has been conducting her campaign in the Hawkeye State.

Can the "Barack Obama rock star crap."
That comes from Judd Saul, who helped organize the Blackhawk County Lincoln Day Dinner.

Fox News has found through conversations with Iowa Republican operatives and GOP regulars that Bachmann has developed a reputation as a campaigner who likes friendly photo-ops, autographs and taking pictures with supporters. But she is also frequently late to events and often does not take questions.

The Bachmann campaign didn't respond to a Fox News request Thursday for its take on the Iowa complaints but did note the congresswoman had to cancel some planned events in the state for House votes back in Washington.

[Ryan Rhodes, director of the Iowa Tea Party.]  says he has made attempts to let the Bachmann campaign know about its alleged Iowa transgressions, but he hasn't heard from anyone with the campaign since the Straw Poll.

[/blockquote]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Bachmann, seeds of discontent
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
Bullsh*t!  Stevie has an axe to grind.  Check out his resume, network affiliates in big liberal areas.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/personalities/steve-brown/bio/#s=a-d

Fox isn't immune from getting infected reporters are they?

And then picking up proglodyte talking points is not winning any points with me.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201108180027

Consider the source...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 01:35:22 PM »

Consider the source...

always good to remember!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »
I don't understand how you invoke Elvis Presley on the campaign stump and mistake the anniversary of his death for his birthday. It appears to be nothing less than sloppy preparation for a poor attempt at pandering. If you don't know about something, shut up about it. It's not that hard. Unless you're sloppy.

I really, really hate to say it, but Michele has shown in a few different instances that in an effort to pander to an audience, she is prone to speaking without thinking.

Think 57 states. Think sniper-fire in Bosnia. I want the GOP nominee to NOT pander in the fashion of Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
Working at a big network affiliate would be a plumb assignment for a career reporter regardless of his personal political affiliation.   I checked out [blockquote]
Aug 10, 2011 - Obama's 2012 Presence in Iowa Is Stark Contrast to Nonstop 2008 Campaign http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/10/obamas-2012-presence-in-iowa-is-stark-contrast-to-2008-campaign/
[/blockquote]
and
[blockquote]
Jul 19, 2011  How Bad Are Bachmann’s Headaches? - Fox News
http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/07/19/how-bad-are-bachmann-s-headaches
[/blockquote]
they both appeared to be grunt assignment articles.

"And then picking up proglodyte talking points is not winning any points with me.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201108180027

Consider the source..."

[blockquote]
From MediaMatters:
In another incident that did not make the air, a camera captured Fox News correspondent Steve Brown telling a bodyguard in Iowa, "Do not put your hands on me. Don't ever do it again."
[/blockquote]
Steve Brown didn't report this, it didn't air, and not seeing the incident one may ask , is it whining.  As for as the sources.  The article sources and quotes Judd Saul, who helped organize the Blackhawk County Lincoln Day Dinner and Ryan Rhodes, director of the Iowa Tea Party.

I've been looking for Michele to break into the headlines for the last week and she hasn't.
Expectation was that Perry would move forward, Michele would take a break then come back with some steam.  Drudge, Right Scoop and Precise News have reported nothing remarkable from the Bachmann camp and now this rap, again, surfaces as the only "news" about her.  Steve may be a libertine but the lack of any good news from her camp is not helping her.  Whether they are actually having irreconcilable differences internally we will soon find out.  

On the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death her referencing it as "happy birthday" is what the third time she's come out with something backasswards.  I know it is not she.  I know it is her staff.  That is two problems that have not and must be fixed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
In the world of gafftastic politicians the bar was reset to one centimeter off the deck with Obama & Biden...and the media paid zero attention to that...the Elvis date was sloppy but hardly Obamian in significance, but you wouldn't know that by the media attention.  I'm getting the impression that people are starting to go out of their way to find dirt on Michele and if this is all they can come up with (along with migraines) I am having a hard time getting concerned.  I sense a tremor in the force and smell the stench of Ruling Class Sith Lords stirring the pot.  If there are legitimate issues in the campaign I suspect they'll be dealt with at an appropriate time.  Succumbing to panic-button fever seems premature IMO.  I'll take a candidate right on the issues and who flubs a pop-culture reference over the opposite any day!

As for Brown, your Fox link is to the story he wrote about Michele's so-called shortcomings...did I miss something?  And without more info my assertion that Steve is biased cannot be ruled out of hand, the lack of evidence one way or the other does not invalidate either.  Fox still has idiots like Shep Smith on staff, right?  So they are not immune to hiring mistakes!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 02:49:17 PM »

The Steve Brown articles were not hit pieces they were assignment articles.  He did not slip a knife in between her ribs.  Including all media outlets this is the only article to surface.

Without a doubt the establishment,  the Ruling Class,  and the Democrats are working to take her out.  She one of the most remarkable candidates and they are going to take every advantage against her.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 03:04:01 PM »
I pen an article that takes the statements made by others of whom I know nothing about that are directed at Michele and regurgitate them under the caption "Seeds of Discontent for Bachmann in Iowa; Told to Cut the 'Barack Obama Rock Star Crap' " and it isn't considered a hit piece?  Really?  The people commenting on the article sure seem to enjoy thrusting the knives in the ribs!  I guess their inspiration was spontaneous and they all just magically gravitated to this article by mistake.  Apparently I must be experiencing an altered state...

::speechless::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »

It's residual adrenalin from logging all that wood up at the folks.
Glad your back safe.  Dan hasn't checked in yet.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
I kinda felt like a Woodchuck after a while!

No other odd urges noted.

;D