Author Topic: "It's Free, Swipe Yo EBT"  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"It's Free, Swipe Yo EBT"
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
H/T: Moonbattery

I still can't tell if this is meant to be critical satire, or a decidedly un-ironic celebration of the "Ghettofabulous" lifestyle. Apparently, The Black CommunityTM is not happy with it. Sadly, if not predictably, their anger is not that the video represents a very real mentality, but that it does such a disservice to the apparently 99.999999999% who really and truly are Pore & Starvin'.

Warning: NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII&feature=player_embedded
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "It's Free, Swipe Yo EBT"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
Gosh, why wouldn't The Black CommunityTM be happy with that message?

::whatgives::

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 01:54:36 PM »
The 99.9999% of the pore&starvin' with labeled "rags", "kicks" and bags; big-screen TVs and blaaang?  Them?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
Yeah, livin' the dream, right?

::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 02:17:43 PM »
On you, babeeee; on you.

Speaking of you, where you been the last few days?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:24:53 PM »
It sounds like satire to me.  "This is where your taxpayer money goes."  If so, it's very good.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
On you, babeeee; on you.

Speaking of you, where you been the last few days?

Took Thur/Fri off to help my folks at the lake, got back yesterday afternoon.  Stacked a whole cord of wood that we had delivered (ironic, since we have so many fallen trees, but it was free and previously arranged and ready to burn as it is already 2 years old).  It was a whole cord too, actually more than that.  Standard cord should be 4' x 4' x 8', we have at least twice that.

Now, I'm just getting caught up here and going over my firearm dream list.  Part of my dream is getting around registration laws!  (I hate having so much registered, if the proglodytes come a confiscating I guess I have no choice but to resist, so I guess I shouldn't care anyway!)

What are you up to, you drying out there now?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 02:46:58 PM »
Drying out a bit; it rained, but didn't deluge here (as in, 'here where I live', rickl  :supercool: ).

We dragged out of the garage the stuff for the porch (table/chairs/fan/chimes), the garbage cans, the hoses, and put out the solar panels; Round-upped the weeds and cleared the tree-trash off the driveway.  Took us a couple of hours this morning when it was still fairly cool, but we're all back to normal.  For now.  Hurricane season lasts 'til when again?

This is OT for the thread, so a brief suggestion here:  we bought extra tarps (just in case) and stashed them in the garage until I realized the garage is far enough away from the house that we didn't want to be out there in the middle of a storm, fetching a tarp to cover broken windows or whatthehellever, so now I've got to find a place in the house to keep one.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
I bet you can get tarps with an EBT.

OK, we're back on topic!

;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 03:31:21 PM »
T'anks!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
The line about "this is where the taxpayers' money goes" did point strongly to it being critical satire. Turns out it was indeed satire, and she has a pretty astute understanding of what is wrong with systems like EBT. No wonder The Commoonity is mad at her, daring to stray off the plantation like that.

The explanation of the song starts at the 2:09 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1TTYZAEBzU&NR=1

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »
She's back with a sequel.  I have to give her credit for daring to satirize the excesses, and to show how the welfare state corrodes. I watched another recent interview with her where she said she grew up in an environment where it was obvious to her that her mom was having kids just for the benefits.

Warning: much use of the F word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:48 AM »
Well hell, why not create more accounts out of thin air, most states I bet do not know who the frick is getting what or why!

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20501831/2013/01/04/herald-mass-cant-find-19000-missing-welfare-recipients#ixzz2H74BJgzS