Author Topic: Bachmann: Smear job  (Read 1572 times)

charlesoakwood

Bachmann: Smear job
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »

MY VIDEO of Michele Bachmann’s Christian Testimony Used in SMEAR JOB

This is so shocking I don’t know how to begin to describe it. Regular readers will recall that on
Friday, Aug. 5, I ...

Ken Layne of Wonkette then spread that smear all around the Internet.

Thank goodness, Chris Moody of Yahoo News spotted the lie and posted the truth.

Now, who do I sue for copyright infringement, piracy and fraud?

Click  HERE

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Bachmann: Smear job
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »
More proof that our enemies are evil and will stoop lower than people think.

Kudos to Moody & Yahoo in slapping this obvious dirty trick down quickly.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:00:18 PM »
That is really frikkin despicable. The evil of our Leftist enemy becomes more pronounced and obvious with every passing day.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:39:05 AM »
Makes one arrive at the inescapable conclusion that these people are incurable, eh?!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:04:51 AM »
I heard on the radio yesterday that she said the DC earthquake and Irene were messages from God warning us to be fiscally responsible.

If she said that, she's about to go off the tracks.
There's plenty of stuff for God to warn us about but I doubt if our spending is the most important.

I think she's reached her high water mark.
 Unfortunately.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 08:29:51 AM »
I heard on the radio yesterday that she said the DC earthquake and Irene were messages from God warning us to be fiscally responsible.

There's plenty of stuff for God to warn us about but I doubt if our spending is the most important.

Unfortunately.

You heard her say, or you heard someone else say she said?  Unless I hear something with my own ears these days, and in its totality, I'm not buying what the media puts out.

To wit:  Ed Schultz playing an abridged clip of Rick Perry saying a "‘big black cloud’ hangs over the country”, insisting he meant Duh Wun instead of our national debt.

There are reports of Beck supposedly saying something similar about God, and as he explained yesterday, what he said was twisted and taken out of context.

As usual.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:35:56 AM »
I saw the video clip where she said that, but I think it was along the lines of typical sliming for whats going wrong in DC. I've said myself that since we are kicking God out of our country, it isn't any surprise that God is removing His protection and Blessings from our country.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »
To clarify.
I heard it reported that she said that.

I just read over at The Blaze that it was a joke she made
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bachmann-ridiculed-for-cracking-god-and-natural-disaster-joke/

I hope I'm also wrong about her being at her high point

We're going to get Perry or Romney

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »

Unfortunately.

She did say it. She said it in a semi-jestful way, but in that "pandering to her audience" way that I was complaining about a day or two ago.

I don't know about the high-water mark. But I think this presidential politics thing has her trying too hard. Here in MN-06 it's a no-brainer for her. She knows the district, and she just is who she is. Out there on the stump, she's trying to relate to her audiences on the stump, and she's messing up.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
She hasn't been Palinized yet.
At least to the extent that Sarah has been

I'm sure if she is perceived as a real threat, that will come

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:22 AM »
She hasn't been Palinized yet.
At least to the extent that Sarah has been

I'm sure if she is perceived as a real threat, that will come

She's been Palinized in style, just not in quantity or focus. In some ways, worse. They never asked Sarah Palin if she was a flake or a zombie in a trance.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:03 AM »

Unfortunately.

She did say it. She said it in a semi-jestful way, but in that "pandering to her audience" way that I was complaining about a day or two ago.

I don't know about the high-water mark. But I think this presidential politics thing has her trying too hard. Here in MN-06 it's a no-brainer for her. She knows the district, and she just is who she is. Out there on the stump, she's trying to relate to her audiences on the stump, and she's messing up.

Yes, she's got to get control of her message and the first step is her staff and their preparation. She needs accurate information and good advice.  Something is going wrong internally.  The media likes blood and they are trying to pick her to pieces.   

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:42 AM »
I agree with you, IDP
But it's been mild compared to what Palin got.
So far, anyhow

Wondering if Bachmann's standing has something to do with Palin's delay in any announcement.
If Palin sees a weakening in Michelle's chances, she'll jump in?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
Maybe waiting to see who the Perry-Romney winner is so she can jump in and the gals can tag-team 'em!

I'd go for that!

::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »
she can jump in and the gals can tag-team 'em!

I'd go for that!

Used to be one of my dreams......Oh, we're talking politics. ::doh::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »
she can jump in and the gals can tag-team 'em!

I'd go for that!

Used to be one of my dreams......Oh, we're talking politics. ::doh::

No thanks - I'd rather mess up one relationship at a time.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »

Lowlife Who Pirated My Video Apologizes for Smearing Michele Bachmann

Nothing like an attorney’s letter to produce contrition:
[blockquote]

I want to apologize for misusing Stacey Robert McCain’s original video . . . I was angry so I decided to take Mrs. Bachmann’s line out of context to make her seem more overtly racist in light of her recent signing of that Iowa marriage pledge that said black children were better off under slavery than in Obama’s America. Whether or not I dislike Michele Bachmann, it wasn’t right to deliver a dishonest blow like that. I wanted to apologize to Mr. McCain and all of you directly. . . .
    I have removed the video from my Youtube channel.

[/blockquote]

My attorney is considering what further action will be necessary, and I have contacted the Bachmann campaign. There are two injured parties, you see. This “On Knees” blogger’s claim that his misleading distortion of Bachmann’s speech was retaliation for her having signed the Iowa marriage pledge is rather interesting in terms of demonstrating malice. But Bachmann’s potential claim for libelous defamation is irrelevant to my potential claim of copyright infringement in having my video pirated for such a purpose.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
Just an apology to McCain?

Umm, who was viciously attacked again?

::)