Author Topic: Muslims start fracas at NY Playland over headwear rules  (Read 1796 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Muslims start fracas at NY Playland over headwear rules
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »
Once again, it is the belief displayed by muslims that our rules do not apply to them, even when explained repeatedly.

A massive disturbance broke out at Playland Park in Westchester County, New York, Tuesday when a group of Muslim visitors grew angry over park rules forbidding the use of “headgear” on some of its rides. The headgear, in this instance, was the traditional Muslim head covering — often called a hijab — worn by women.

Authorities from allegedly nine different agencies descended on the fun-park after county police responded to the disturbance, which by that time, involved some 30 to 40 people.  Local reports indicate some 3,000 Muslim-Americans had gathered at the park.

By 4:30 p.m., nearly two hours after the altercation broke out, some three dozen police cruisers blocked Playland’s entrance and a helicopter was seen flying overhead. A reporter allegedly counted roughly 60 cruisers on the scene from various agencies.

According to reports, twelve men and three women were arrested, mostly for disorderly conduct, and two park rangers were injured in the scuffle. So far two have been charged with felony assault after officials asserted they attacked park rangers.

Lohud reports that the group of Muslims were at Playland to celebrate the Islamic holiday of Eid-ul-Fitr, marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan. The outing was allegedly organized by the Muslim American Society of New York.

Playland spokesman Peter Tartaglia stated that park officials were clear in expressing to MASNY the safety reasons behind the headgear ban but said the rules might not have been communicated by the organizer to some of the attendees. The ban, implemented nearly four years ago, is intended to keep hats and other head coverings from falling onto the tracks and derailing rides. “It’s a safety issue on rides. If it’s a scarf, you could choke,”?Tartaglia said.

According to reports, Playland’s policies, posted on its website, include the statement: “All items and clothing must be appropriately secured while on a ride; some smaller items can be stored/secured in cargo pockets or waist pouches. Hats must be secured, and jackets/sweaters must be worn properly and not around the waist while on a ride. Some rides do not allow backpacks, purses or head gear of any kind.”

Lohud explains what happened as the scene grew volatile:

Accounts of what had happened varied, but everyone agreed the dispute began after park-goers were told the headgear ban applied to women wearing traditional Muslim head coverings, known as hijabs.

Tartaglia said once word of that got out there were “a lot of unhappy people.”

He said park officials were in the process of arranging refunds when members of the Muslim group got into a scuffle with each other.

The two rangers, seasonal county police employees, were hurt trying to break it up, he said. He said one suffered an injured knee and the other an injured shoulder.

Lola Ali, 16, of Astoria said she had witnessed a group of girls and women wearing hijabs go to park security to confront them about the headgear issue.

She said the women were upset and yelling. She said the security officers started pushing them away and the girls stood their ground, at which point the security officers grabbed them, pushed them to the ground and handcuffed them.

Men within the park saw this and tried to intervene, Ali said, and the situation went downhill from there.

“They were beating down the girls then they started beating down the guys,” Ali claimed.

Earlier in the day a park employee reportedly told Journal News that a woman wearing a hijab either pushed or hit a ride operator who forbade her from wearing the head covering on the ride. The employee asserted that a police officer attempted to restrain the woman, but the woman’s husband took offense, at which point a multiple-person fight broke out.

The park was even closed off to new visitors for a period of time until the situation was diffused. Some of those involved in the incident, however, believe the amount of police response was overkill:

Ali and Gina Shibah of Yonkers said the amount of police response was unnecessary.

“Sixty vehicles, it’s wasting our taxpayer dollars,” Ali Shibah said.

Sal Mohumed of Brooklyn said he hoped for a refund for himself and his two cousins.

“I thought we would come and play in Playland,” he said. “There’s no playing here. Coney Island is better than this.”

OUR taxpayer dollars?  How much you want to bet they don't pay taxes.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/wild-scene-erupts-at-playland-police-arrest-15-in-dispute-over-muslim-hijab/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Muslims start fracas at NY Playland over headwear rules
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat... Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat-tat... Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat. Rat-tat-tat....

Problem solved.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »

Let them sign a waiver and let them ride.  It's their head if it gets caught in the machine.   ::grouphug::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »

Let them sign a waiver and let them ride.  It's their head if it gets caught in the machine.   ::grouphug::

That would be the easy, compromising way to approach the situation. But why must the West always bend to accommodate the sensitivities of Islam? Rules are rules. The park has rules. If they're going to allow 'Slims to sign a waiver, then they have to allow everyone else to sign a waiver, which completely undermines the policy of the park. They didn't create that policy in a vacuum, they did it for a reason.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:52:09 AM »

Yeah, they don't want and probably can't afford the lawsuit, especially with such an attractive nuisance as a dangling piece of cloth from the head.   ::evil::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »

Unless the aforesaid head injures someone else, in which case the park would be looking at a lawsuit from that party.

No.  There are rules and they must be enforced -- what do you think they'd tell a nun with her habit?  Same thing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »

Yep - common-sense approach but I'd still be miffed if a loose head were to land in my lap... ::speechless::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
No matter how much I want them hurt I don't want to compromise our laws or the rules a private enterprise establishes (and who pay insurance premiums to cover the unexpected, not the stupid!) so the Isslamic jerks can live within the rules or take a fricken hike!

::cussing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
Rules of the park...apply to everyone. Rules in my business apply to everyone.

Maybe someone on the scene should have suggested this to the muslims. ::grouphug::

So the police could do this. ::laserkill::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Ya think back in their home country there'd be any debate on what the rules are?

::guillotine::  ::rockethrow:: ::rockets::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »

Ya think back in their home country there'd be any debate on what the rules are?

Yeah, if there is a ferris wheel.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 03:33:12 PM »

Yeah, if there is a ferris wheel.....

I would imagine in their home countries, they'd prefer the Catherine Wheel.  So much more entertaining.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 05:45:58 PM »
Boy I get sick of their crap. ::saywhat::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
Let's be clear about one thing, this whole spectacle is just one more deliberately conspicuous statement of their intent. Just like the placards they show up with in demonstrations across Europe, their message is "You will submit to us. We will dominate you and there's nothing you will do about it."

The unvaryingly effete, kid gloves response by the West to these incidents is setting the stage for some bad times ahead.

I would also like to add -- as this subject came up in another recent thread -- that, yes, it is time to stop pretending that their alien, backward, totalitarian belief system is deserving of the same respect and protection afforded by the Constitution to religion in general. Islam is far more than a religion in the sense that we think of one. Their pattern of invasion is readily apparent throughout history. In places they don't conquer outright, they settle, initially in small numbers. Through their mandated practice of taqiyya, they assuage the suspicions of their hosts. As their numbers become significant, they become more and more emboldened and demanding. When their numbers reach the point of majority, either locally or in a broader sense, they start Islamizing the institutions and lives of their former host society. The spread of Islam into places like Nigeria and Thailand are good examples of this process. The whole process is dependent on and enabled by the idea that we should extend to them our lofty notions of freedom and tolerance, two things which are ironically anathema to their whole belief system, and two things that will be destroyed in short order if we insist upon continuing, as Jefferson once described, "absurdly sacrificing the end to the means".

::jihadnanner::

JMO.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:49 AM »
They are a cancer, no doubt about it.

But as it stands too many people are unwilling to see it or too stupid to notice.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »
Let's be clear about one thing, this whole spectacle is just one more deliberately conspicuous statement of their intent. Just like the placards they show up with in demonstrations across Europe, their message is "You will submit to us. We will dominate you and there's nothing you will do about it."

That's the bottom line. The won't stop until they control us.......and the world.

I find it amusing that Muzzie men beat their wives, but it must be a sin to watch an LEO attempt the same.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson