Author Topic: Report: Palin cancels highly anticipated 9/3 Tea Party event in Iowa  (Read 1341 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
It appears that there is some very big clusterfark surrounding this event, Palin, and the event's organizers. Not good, if Palin plans on announcing. Remember that awesome video she released after the Straw Poll said "See you on September 3rd." If this is messed up a couple days before the event, with people traveling across the country to see her, after the event organizers relocated the event to accommodate her audience - it's just not good.

HT: HotAir.

Sarah Palin Cancels Appearance at Tea Party Rally in Iowa

Sarah Palin canceled her Saturday appearance at a tea party rally in Indianola, Iowa, a person close the former Alaska governor told The Wall Street Journal.

The person cited “continual lying” from event organizers at Tea Party of America, including a recent mixup over whether former U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell of Delaware would also speak.

Ms. Palin is known for last-minute schedule changes that whipsaw supporters and media across the country. But the latest decision is puzzling. Ms. Palin’s speech at the rally was viewed as her most high-profile appearance of the summer, fueling  speculation she was indeed plotting to run for the Republican presidential nomination.

Attendees were reportedly traveling from across the U.S. to attend the rally in Iowa, which holds the nation’s first nominating contest next year.

The former governor will now appear at a Friday event in Des Moines sponsored by the group Conservatives4Palin. It is currently scheduled for 8 p.m. at The Machine Shed Restaurant, though the location will probably have to be changed, the person close to Ms. Palin said. Ms. Palin is still scheduled to appear at a Tea Party Express tour stop Monday in New Hampshire.

Ms. Palin may still hold an event Saturday, the person said, though she has no firm plans. It’s also possible she could still attend the Indianola tea party rally, the person said.

The former governor’s team decided to back out Tuesday night after rally organizers re-invited Ms. O’Donnell to speak on stage. Organizers had booked Ms. O’Donnell, who lost her 2010 bid for a U.S. Senate seat from Delaware, to speak but quickly withdrew the invitation in an effort to avoid controversy.

A Tea Party of America leader told Ms. Palin’s aides that the former governor said to re-invite Ms. O’Donnell, which is not true, the person said, adding that there were also issues over fund-raising and logistical changes that were not approved by Ms. Palin’s team.

Earlier this month, Ms. Palin’s political action committee released a Web video touting her recent appearance at the Iowa State Fair. It ended with the words, “See You Again September 3rd.”

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Re: Report: Palin cancels highly anticipated 9/3 Tea Party event in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »

Speculating:  There have been persons, almost since the beginning, who have tried to become the "leader" of the tea party, much as the establishment desires, and eliminate the divergent confederation as it is.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
Now it's "on hold", and "no longer confirmed", but the claim of "repeated lying" by the event organizer is still included in the article.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »
Ken Crow, the founder of the Tea Party of America, told ABC News this morning that he “hung up with [Palin's] people five minutes ago” and “she’ll be here on Saturday.”

“Gov. Palin is a lady of her word and impeccably honest,” he added. He admitted that the organization’s encountered “a couple of errors” in planning the Sept. 3 rally.

“I’m naive when it comes to politics and what you are supposed to say to and not say and my crew and I are rookies at this sort of thing,” he said. “We made mistakes and now we are fixing them. It’s all good.”

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:45 AM »
What is the problem with Christine being there.
Sarah would not be upstaged.

Maybe there is something to the rumors that she's a diva.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »
Reconfirms my opinion that the WSJ is degenerating...

I think the National Enquirer has a better track record with respect to veracity of reporting!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Janny

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »

Looks like the whole story is BS from an "anonymous" source. I wouldn't lend any credence to this.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 01:30:21 PM »

Looks like the whole story is BS from an "anonymous" source. I wouldn't lend any credence to this.

I'm with you, Janny. I take any story I read about a true conservative with a large grain of salt, understanding the medias blind hatred.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.