Author Topic: NASCAR Drivers Draw Straws For WH Photo Op...Seven Lose  (Read 494 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
NASCAR Drivers Draw Straws For WH Photo Op...Seven Lose
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:08:28 AM »
Five of twelve have "scheduling issues" and, tragically, can't attend.

LINK

They must be very busy people. Regardless of one's political views, the president is still the president – and an opportunity to speak with the leader of the free world is a rare and special one.

You'd think whatever photo shoots or sponsor appearances these drivers have lined up on Wednesday afternoon – if that's indeed the reason – could be rescheduled. After all, this is the President of the United States we're talking about here.

For a sport that prides itself on patriotism, having so many drivers turn down the president's invitation simply seems strange.

The seven losers are:

Jimmy Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton and Matt Kenseth.

I'm not expecting a big fan fallout over this not so subtle snub of President Downgrade. What I am expecting now is a big EPA investigation into NASCAR. Or an EEOC investigation. I'm not kidding about this, either.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: NASCAR Drivers Draw Straws For WH Photo Op...Seven Lose
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »
I wonder if they will give him a helmet and if he will be goofy enough to put it on?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »
Jeesh, and this years race is just going into the home stretch...nice timing Stymie on honoring last years performers!

PS-I wouldn't go if I was the champ!  (But JJ does photo Op's with CA Gal Pal Nasty Pelosi too, so, go figure...)

PPS-No way in hell I bet against you Trap on Fed's coming down on NASCAR, no way no how!

PPPS-He doesn't need a helmet, the damage is done, nothing to protect...but he is goofy and no doubt will say something that embarasses the entire nation!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »
I'm not expecting a big fan fallout over this not so subtle snub of President Downgrade.

That's pResident Downgrayedd (for a double-dose of disappointment)  ::hysterical::