Author Topic: Five Reasons Obama's Speech Stunt Hurts Him  (Read 1343 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Five Reasons Obama's Speech Stunt Hurts Him
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
Posted on August 31, 2011 by Conservative Byte

5) Everybody wins except Obama, who detracted from his jobs plan by pulling stunt in first place. Problem? What problem?

4) NBC moves debate to 9pm, after Obama speech, giving Republican candidates chance to critique Obama proposals almost in real time.

3) Non-NBC networks suddenly have lots of news on a night previously expected to be dominated by NBC…

2) WH claim of ‘coincidence’ is laughable, but Obama is president, so Boehner dutifully calls joint session…

1) President reveals himself by pulling nonserious stunt on very serious topic…

Continue Reading on nation.foxnews.com ::confused::

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2011/08/31/york-five-reasons-obamas-speech-stunt-hurts-him

Now he has rescheduled for the following day. Of course we all will be watching Obama, when we could be watching Football!  ::mooning::
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:01:04 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Five Reasons Obama's Speech Stunt Hurts Him
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »
I don't give a crap what he does because I know the speech already. It's a rerun I won't be watching I'll wait for the cliff notes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
"Both Houses will be back in session after their August recess on Wednesday, September 7th, so that was the date that was requested. We consulted with the Speaker about that date before the letter was released, but he determined Thursday would work better," he said.

"The President is focused on the urgent need to create jobs and grow our economy, so he welcomes the opportunity to address a Joint Session of Congress on Thursday, September 8th and challenge our nation's leaders to start focusing 100% of their attention on doing whatever they can to help the American people," he said.

LINK

I wonder if BO will demand that the NFL delay their game until he is finished boring everyone to tears?

Boehner's spokesman added in a statement that the White House had also ignored protocol by not first requesting a date from the speaker's office.

"It's unfortunate the White House ignored decades -- if not centuries -- of the protocol of working out a mutually agreeable date and time before making any public announcement," Boehner spokesman Brendan Buck said.

It's funny that President SCOAMF ignored one of the first rules of such things. When lawyers examine (or cross examine) a witness in court they almost always know the answer that they will receive to any question asked. Similarly, television (and radio) hosts are also supposed to follow this rule because getting a completely different and/or unexpected answer makes you look like a SCOAMF.

Or total amateur.

Take your pick.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
Is it bad of me to be deriving so much cruel pleasure from his latest screw-up?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 10:27:23 PM »
Oh, it gets even better. Disgust and angst headlines this pathetic "story" over at the PuffHo...

WASHINGTON -- After a vacuous back-and-forth over whether or not the president would be invited to address a joint session of Congress on Wednesday, Sept. 7, or Thursday, Sept. 8, the White House buckled to GOP demands and chose the latter date.

There are currently over 4000 comments for this article and you can probably imagine how they are running.

I did think it was funny that the PuffHo article ends with this line:

This article was updated with additional comments from the White House.

It's kind of unusual for the media (even these idiots) to admit that the BO WH writes their stuff for them.

BTW, the article also claims that BO will get it done before the NFL season opener kickoff.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »

Not at all. We are getting precious little from our tax dollars these days so you gotta get what you can.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 10:37:25 PM »

Not at all!!I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Funny (and stupid) PuffHo comments:

"If this was a prison situation he would already be someone's girlfriend­."

"Oh how I miss the Obama I voted and campaigned for. This latest capitulati­on to the whims and whines of the Right are the last straw for me. Boehner wouldn't have treated Hilary with such contempt. I hope she runs. I'll pull out all the stops for her."

"What do you do when you dont have a clue on how to fix stuff, what do you do when you see sagging numbers and face re-e;ectio­n in less than a year and a half? rile up the base , play the victim card, create silly side shows like these to distract from your failures."

"You could randomly pick people off this site to be Obama's new advisors and they would do a better job than the "professio­nals" he currently has working for him.

Amazing how he has surrounded himself with foo/s."

"They are trying to make him look weak and ineffectua­l, and he is meekly obliging them."

"I’m just as FIRED UP AND READY TO GO as I was in 2008 – and I can’t wait to PROUDLY cast my vote to re-elect this wonderful, genteel, humane, classy, decent, graceful and compassion­ate gentleman, President of the United States of America – for another 4 years!!!!!

He will go down in history as one of the greatest leaders this world has ever seen!!!!!

A majority of Americans thank you and are grateful for all you do President Obama!

Obama/Bide­n 2012 – because they’re BEST for America’s future!!!"

"perhaps we should have given more attention to hillary clinton."

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:52:31 PM by trapeze »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »
There are currently over 4000 comments for this article and you can probably imagine how they are running.

There are some rabid ankle-biters, but some clever ones as well.

There was one that said something to the effect that "When obama was running he said he had a fire in his belly - turns out it was just indigestion".

::hysterical::

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 12:28:31 AM »
I don't give a crap what he does because I know the speech already. It's a rerun I won't be watching I'll wait for the cliff notes.

Me neither, I have a nasty habit of giving the TV the finger when he is on it. My Wife thinks I am nuts, and shes right. I will wait for a talking head to analyze the pertinent info! ::falldownshocked::

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »

Don't you just wish every time Obama makes a fubar, a tune plays; "Oops, I did it again?" It would be like Muzak in a Downtown Elevator! ::praying::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 12:45:20 AM »
[blockquote]"I’m just as FIRED UP AND READY TO GO as I was in 2008 – and I can’t wait to PROUDLY cast my vote to re-elect this wonderful, genteel, humane, classy, decent, graceful and compassion­ate gentleman, President of the United States of America – for another 4 years!!!!!

He will go down in history as one of the greatest leaders this world has ever seen!!!!!

A majority of Americans thank you and are grateful for all you do President Obama!

Obama/Bide­n 2012 – because they’re BEST for America’s future!!!"[/blockquote]

This liberal is insane. Oh, excuse me, I didn't mean to repeat myself.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 02:45:44 AM »
The Historian for the U.S. Senate noted that this is the first time that a President's request to address a joint session of Congress was turned down . However , he failed to mention that this was also the first time that a President attempted to subvert a Presidential Debate by the opposing party . 

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 06:47:22 AM »
Jay Carney's explanations ... Pffft ! He's that little dweeb we went to school with who always reminded the teacher at the end of class that she forgot to assign homework .

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:13 AM »
I still think Republicans should have let Lil'Barry speak on that night.  Nothing says they all had to show up, with regards to the ones that were in the debate.  And to add to that, a Hot Air person or two suggested changing the format of the debate to MST2K.  ::rolllaughing:: ::laughonfloor:: ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »

Me neither, I have a nasty habit of giving the TV the finger when he is on it. My Wife thinks I am nuts, and shes right. I will wait for a talking head to analyze the pertinent info! ::falldownshocked::

If I do watch (and it is rare) that is when I break out the nerf dart gun.

::hysterical::

But thank God the NFL is on that night!

::whoohoo::

ETA - MST2K?!

Awesome idea!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
[blockquote]"I’m just as FIRED UP AND READY TO GO as I was in 2008 – and I can’t wait to PROUDLY cast my vote to re-elect this wonderful, genteel, humane, classy, decent, graceful and compassion­ate gentleman, President of the United States of America – for another 4 years!!!!!

Obama/Bide­n 2012 – because they’re BEST for America’s future!!!"[/blockquote]

This liberal is insane. Oh, excuse me, I didn't mean to repeat myself.

Metrosexuals for Obama ::thinking::What a voting block to play to? ::evil::
 Filippo Mazzie

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 08:42:04 AM »

5) Everybody wins except Obama, who detracted from his jobs plan by pulling stunt in first place. Problem? What problem?

4) NBC moves debate to 9pm, after Obama speech, giving Republican candidates chance to critique Obama proposals almost in real time.

3) Non-NBC networks suddenly have lots of news on a night previously expected to be dominated by NBC…

2) WH claim of ‘coincidence’ is laughable, but Obama is president, so Boehner dutifully calls joint session…

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2011/08/31/york-five-reasons-obamas-speech-stunt-hurts-him

Now he has rescheduled for the following day. Of course we all will be watching Obama, when we could be watching Football!  ::mooning::

Whats happenin' "J"?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
...a Hot Air person or two suggested changing the format of the debate to MST2K.  ::rolllaughing:: ::laughonfloor:: ::hysterical::

Or... Beavis and Butthead.

::beavisbutthead::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »

Whats happenin' "J"?

Hey CC, glad you could make it! ::thumbsup::