Topics > Politics/Legislation/Elections

The Essential Question in Any Political Debate

(1/13) > >>

jpatrickham:
Alexander's Essay – September 1, 2011

The Essential Question in Any Political Debate

The most important inquiry conservatives must posit in every policy debate: "What does our Constitution authorize and mandate?"

"The Constitution which at any time exists, 'till changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole People is sacredly obligatory upon all." --George Washington

The most vital debate of the 2012 political cycle, indeed the essential question in any political debate, is one that you will not hear much about unless you are represented by one of the authentic conservatives who have carried the banner of the Reagan Revolution into the 21st century, or you are represented by one of those much-maligned Tea Party "radicals."

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/2011/09/01/the-essential-question-in-any-political-debate/

Pandora:
May I just point out here that the House Republicans read aloud the Constitution (parts of it, anyway) when their session began and it's made no difference that I can see.

LadyVirginia:

--- Quote from: Pandora on September 01, 2011, 12:35:21 PM ---May I just point out here that the House Republicans read aloud the Constitution (parts of it, anyway) when their session began and it's made no difference that I can see.

--- End quote ---

::deercorn::

AmericanPatriot:
I like Alexander.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Pandora on September 01, 2011, 12:35:21 PM ---May I just point out here that the House Republicans read aloud the Constitution (parts of it, anyway) when their session began and it's made no difference that I can see.

--- End quote ---

I've made that point myself.

Sad, isn't it.  When one side is absent from battle the victory is handed to the enemy on a silver platter.

Drives

Me

Fricken

Nuts

!

!

!

::gaah::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version