Author Topic: Racist Cary, NC Cops Beat Bank Hostage  (Read 1942 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Racist Cary, NC Cops Beat Bank Hostage
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:20:44 AM »
This is freakin unbelievable. Remember the hostage situation in Cary where the hostage taker was nailed by a police sniper? Watch this unbelievable video interview of the treatment of the bank hostage by the Cary, NC police officers.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/9181617/#/vid9181617

He believes that had the female bank employee left with him, the police would have shot him dead. And he is probably right. The cops knew the hostage taker was Black. So was the hostage victim, Rev. Lee Everett.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Racist Cary, NC Cops Beat Bank Hostage
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:31:53 AM »
It'd be helpful if there was surveillance video from the bank. His story sure sounds harrowing, and he seems like a truthful man. But I never assume the cops are in the wrong unless I'm shown.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:09:40 AM »
But I never assume the cops are in the wrong unless I'm shown.

I agree. Who should you believe, a bank robber/ hostage taker or law enforcement officer. And just for argument, I like to think most police officers are honorable.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:17 AM »
But I never assume the cops are in the wrong unless I'm shown.

I agree. Who should you believe, a bank robber/ hostage taker or law enforcement officer. And just for argument, I like to think most police officers are honorable.

Well, but this guy wasn't a bank robber/hostage taker - he was a hostage (watch the video if you have a few minutes).

I didn't mean to cast any aspersions on him. I'm sure by listening to his testimony that he was as traumatized as he claims, and that he believes everything he's saying. What is missing is the context and the actual visible evidence showing if there is discrepancy between what he perceived and what actually went down.

I can imagine him coming out of the bank, hysterical, not following the police officers' instructions, not walking backwards toward them like they instructed, waving his arms around saying "I'm innocent, I'm a hostage", and screaming and writhing around on the ground like a stuck pig while the officers were trying to secure him. The story could be exactly as he says, with that as context. That visual and/or audio account of what actually transpired would be a helpful background upon which to lay his story. All I'm saying is that without it, it's hard for me to condemn the cops when they are acting under a hostage situation.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 09:38:39 AM »
My bad. I can't watch the video (I'm offshore) and misread your response. Please refrain from flogging. ::rolllaughing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson