Author Topic: Hurricane Irene And All East Coast Related End O' The World Disaster Type Stuff  (Read 15192 times)

charlesoakwood

Bush causes hurricanes.
Bush is a terrorist.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

Bush causes hurricanes.
Bush is a terrorist.

He's a busy son of a gun isn't he?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Why is Incompetano, the head of HOMELAND SECURITY, issuing statements about the hurricane's aftermath and cleanup?

Nobody else wanted the job?

/

Actually, didn't FEMA get moved under HomeSec?

Incompetano...

That about covers it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Why is Incompetano, the head of HOMELAND SECURITY, issuing statements about the hurricane's aftermath and cleanup?

Nobody else wanted the job?

/

Actually, didn't FEMA get moved under HomeSec?

Incompetano...

That about covers it.

Hmmm, that may be it.  I'm having a hard time these days keeping track of Leviathan's bureaus, departments and sections.  Seems, though, like no matter what, she's out bloviating on anything and everything.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Check this out.  It's a screenshot from the UPS website listing zip codes where service is interrupted.  I saw it this morning at work.  It speaks for itself.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Check this out.  It's a screenshot from the UPS website listing zip codes where service is interrupted.  I saw it this morning at work.  It speaks for itself.

Wow. And how much angst and how many millions of dollars were spent by the media hyping this thing?

It was a bad storm, to be sure. The death-toll and flooding are a testament to that. But the media and to some extent the Weather Service had waaaaaaayyy too much invested in the "HURRICANE!!!" storyline, and as always, the truth was sacrificed on the altar of media agenda.

-
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

This exercise wasn't leading the dog on a leash it was leading the bull with a ring in its nose.  A couple of more sessions and the bull will follow it's master anywhere. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
MFM blowhards should be frog-marched to Vermont and pressed into services helping those people out.  But perhpas not, they'd probably just get in the way since they don't know jack and are so utterly useless...and they'd just bitch the whole time anyway...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.