Topics > Politics/Legislation/Elections

NASCAR Drivers Draw Straws For WH Photo Op...Seven Lose

(1/1)

trapeze:
Five of twelve have "scheduling issues" and, tragically, can't attend.

LINK

--- Quote ---They must be very busy people. Regardless of one's political views, the president is still the president – and an opportunity to speak with the leader of the free world is a rare and special one.

You'd think whatever photo shoots or sponsor appearances these drivers have lined up on Wednesday afternoon – if that's indeed the reason – could be rescheduled. After all, this is the President of the United States we're talking about here.

For a sport that prides itself on patriotism, having so many drivers turn down the president's invitation simply seems strange.
--- End quote ---

The seven losers are:

Jimmy Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton and Matt Kenseth.

I'm not expecting a big fan fallout over this not so subtle snub of President Downgrade. What I am expecting now is a big EPA investigation into NASCAR. Or an EEOC investigation. I'm not kidding about this, either.

trapeze:
I wonder if they will give him a helmet and if he will be goofy enough to put it on?

Libertas:
Jeesh, and this years race is just going into the home stretch...nice timing Stymie on honoring last years performers!

PS-I wouldn't go if I was the champ!  (But JJ does photo Op's with CA Gal Pal Nasty Pelosi too, so, go figure...)

PPS-No way in hell I bet against you Trap on Fed's coming down on NASCAR, no way no how!

PPPS-He doesn't need a helmet, the damage is done, nothing to protect...but he is goofy and no doubt will say something that embarasses the entire nation!

Alphabet Soup:

--- Quote ---I'm not expecting a big fan fallout over this not so subtle snub of President Downgrade.
--- End quote ---

That's pResident Downgrayedd (for a double-dose of disappointment)  ::hysterical::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version