Author Topic: NFL: Obama speech will interfere with our season-opener pregame special  (Read 2355 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Nobody wants to hear another words from this asshat. Pretty soon he's gonna go full-on Rodney Dangerfield.

HT: gatewaypundit...

It’s This Bad… NFL Grumbling That Obama’s Speech May Interfere With Pre-Game Activities

The NFL is grumbling that Obama’s spending jobs speech may interfere with their planned pre-game activities.

[blockquote]NBC Television and the White House are in ongoing discussions over coverage of President Obama’s jobs speech and the NFL kick-off between the Packers and Saints.

Yesterday the White House announced that the presidential address would be over before kickoff at 7:30 next Thursday. But NBC was also planning to show extensive pre-game coverage, including some live concerts outside Lambeau Field about an hour before the game.

Many Wisconsin NBC affiliates want the network to offer feeds of both the NFL pre-game and the president’s speech, and let the local channels decide which one to carry. NBC has also sold out its pre-game sponsorships for the NFL opener — money that might be refunded to the advertisers if the broadcast plans change.

The pre-game activities might be moved to the NFL Network — with the game itself staying on NBC.[/blockquote]

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: NFL: Obama speech will interfere with our season-opener pregame special
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
PLUS!  He's always late.  His merry band of thugs better get him before TOTUS on time if they have to drag him there kicking and screaming.

Actually, I'm a bit tickled he's pissing off the NFL fans, NBC and the local TV stations; their turn to pull their heads out of their asses for five minutes and get a good look at the real Obama-run world.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »
Boehner kicking him around, NASCAR kicking him around, and now the NFL.

Newsflash, chimpy-boy: Respect is earned.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »
Money talks and bullsh*t walks...

That works the other way around for SCoaMF!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »

Dear Mr. President, pre-empt the season opener; you will obtain the attention
of hundreds of thousands of voters whom have heretofore remained apathetic or undecided in opinion of you.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 05:03:35 AM »

Dear Mr. President, pre-empt the season opener; you will obtain the attention
of hundreds of thousands of voters whom have heretofore remained apathetic or undecided in opinion of you.

Crap. you beat me to it. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »
Live by sucking at the teats of government, die by....

Gotta keep your welfare benefactors happy, NFL.  Own it, bitches!