Author Topic: The 9-13-2011 Special Election For The Weiner Seat  (Read 6595 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: The 9-13-2011 Special Election For The Weiner Seat
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 07:13:40 PM »
Call me a cynic, but I think the Dems still win this one.

You are a cynic. And, thankfully, you were wrong on this one.

I did expect the win but I didn't think the margin would be as big as it turned out to be. This has got to be giving certain Democrats a serious case of indigestion this evening. I sure hope that this is a harbinger of the next election.

I'm quite happy to have been proven wrong on this one. I'm still a cynic though!

We wouldn't have it any other way. ::grouphug::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »

Nothing is sweeter in politics that those occasions when you deliver a victory so shocking in its
          implications that it sends the opposition into an existential crisis.

R.S. McCain

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »
 ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

Weather perfect at Marthas Vineyard...... ::hysterical::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

RickZ

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2011, 03:26:26 AM »
...the bad news?

NY proglodytes will likely gerrymander things to where this district either disappears and gets absorbed into surrounding ones, or another one is whacked and this one gets other non-Jewish libiot enclaves thrown into it making it impossible for Turner to win.

I remember reading, during the whole Wiener-Twit fiasco, that this seat was on the chopping block back then.  And I was happy about that as it might have gotten rid of Wiener painlessly (except for the shrieking cries of 'racism/evil Republicans shutting out his voice' coming full-throated from Wiener, which we all know he was good at).  I'm not going to cry now about losing this seat, especially one that hasn't seen Republican ass cheeks since 1923.  I do hope that this victory, along with Scott Brown's takeover of 'The Lion Of The Senate's' seat, will prove in 2012 that even safe Democrat districts aren't.  The tide may be turning.  But it will only continue to change as long as former solid Democrat voters come to the realization that the Democrat Party of today is not the Democrat Party of their childhood.  The Democrat Party back before 1964 was the party of Jim Crow, of Bull Conner, of George Wallace.  Now that party has undergone a communist coup and a few are waking up to that reality; racism -- okay, communism -- no.  That Hasidim in Brooklyn turned this election around by actually voting their interests instead of just by party could be a harbinger of more mass defections to come.

The one lesson that must be reinforced from the Obama Era is the concept that elections have consequences and that voting one's interests is important, rather than voting for 'history' or because some candidate looks nice/speaks well/is smooth/is glib/is hip.  When it comes to the Office of the President, character matters.  Whether these lessons will be well and truly learned is to be determined.  I do, however, think this NY-9 win is more than baby steps, more than a shot across Obowma's bow (so to speak).  It is a reflexive revolt against wanton liberalism, a sound rejection of Obama and his policies, as well as those who implement them.  Obama is most definitely a sinking ship.  NY-9 hit the target.  Now we have to keep pounding Obama even as he tries to plug the leaks and plow ahead.  It would help if some Republicans actually grew a pair and started mocking Obama's ideas.  Ridicule his jobs speech, where the most important information given out was 'to pass this jobs bill'.  Yes, an almost nationally televised, joint session of Congress speech on a matter of great import to the Country, and all Obama can lay out -- numerous times -- is that this bill must be passed, and must be passed now.  That to not pass this bill is the problem the American people have with Washington, that Washington has too much inertia.  The reality is that more Americans want Congress to do nothing, in fact want Congress to legislate themselves out of our lives.  But to a statist like Obama, that is such an unbelievable concept as to not exist in his greatly exaggerated mind.  There is also the added fact that we've been through this 'pass this bill now' scam with Obama before, with the Porkulus Bill, that $850 billion dollar boondoggle.  Now Obama, in these tight economic times, only wants to blow another $447 million, so for that I guess 'we should be thanking him'.  I just hope the American electorate remembers what Obama said more than Obama remembers what Obama said.  This guy is a walking, talking negative advertising campaign soundbite.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2011, 06:46:40 AM »
...I do hope that this victory, along with Scott Brown's takeover of 'The Lion Of The Senate's' seat, will prove in 2012 that even safe Democrat districts aren't.  The tide may be turning.  But it will only continue to change as long as former solid Democrat voters come to the realization that the Democrat Party of today is not the Democrat Party of their childhood....

One key to this is the GOP. Unless the party provides a viable alternative and engenders trust among people who have traditionally hated it, inertia will remain powerful. Perhaps fear of communism is enough, but a party with its compass fixed on true liberty would be a powerful force.

It would help if some Republicans actually grew a pair and started mocking Obama's ideas.  Ridicule his jobs speech, where the most important information given out was 'to pass this jobs bill'...

Your wish is Rand Paul's command...

Sen. Rand Paul Calls On Congress To Pass NLRB Bill - 09/14/11

ETA: HT gatewaypundit
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:18:09 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »
IDP,

I guess I'm prescient.  LOL!  But that's the winning strategy.

Sooooo glad Rand Paul fell far from the father's tree.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »
IDP,

I guess I'm prescient.  LOL!  But that's the winning strategy.

Sooooo glad Rand Paul fell far from the father's tree.

::thumbsup::

More!

Faster!

Now!

::danceban::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:53 AM »

I do, however, think this NY-9 win is more than baby steps, more than a shot across Obowma's bow (so to speak).  It is a reflexive revolt against wanton liberalism, a sound rejection of Obama and his policies, as well as those who implement them. 

That rocked the boat.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
Democrats’ Civil War Against Obama Begins

Filed under Politics

"History will never be able to tell us who made the fatal error in New York’s 9th district – Barack Obama, or Anthony Weiner.

Just as Weiner kept on making critical errors every step of the way as his personal scandal unfolded earlier this year, President Obama has done everything in NY-09 to show that he is no friend of Israel and has no clue how to create jobs or learn from his many mistakes.

I predict a tectonic shift among American Jews and within the Democratic Party if Obama doesn't quietly retire. All the spinning in the world can’t spin away the trend of Scott Brown, the Tea Party victory of November 2010, and now the Turner earthquake.

Many Democrats are awakening to the reality that their party has been hijacked by a radicalism completely unfamiliar to their parents’ and grandparents’ Democratic Party.

An internal, partisan civil war is now brewing in that party. What I think tonight is less important than what Joe Lieberman, Bill Clinton, Evan Bayh, and the rest of the former, and now defunct, reasonable wing of the Democratic Party is thinking tonight."

http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2011/09/13/after-turner-earthquake-in-weiner-district-democrats-civil-war-against-obama-begins/

If a bloody Civil War breaks out between Liberals, Progressives, and Democrats, I think it only Humane to try and break it up in a few Months or so! ::laserkill:: ::rockets:: ::dueling::  Uh! Maybe! ::confused::
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:07:07 PM by jpatrickham »