Topics > Faith & Family

TV evangelist "typing in tongues" on facebook

(1/5) > >>

IronDioPriest:
I'll not ridicule Christians who believe in or practice speaking in "tongues". I'll just say that from what I've witnessed and read in the Bible, I am not convinced that it is something God wants me to do. So far, at least, it is not for me, and I've been around it enough to say confidently that unless God somehow leads me to believe otherwise, it is something I will not do - even though some fine Christians that I know and love do practice this.

That said, this woman is over the top! TYPING in tongues? C'mon!

‘NDHDIUBGUGTRUCG…!‘
Did Televangelist Juanita Bynum ’Type in Tongues’ on Facebook?

Oh yes. Yes she did...

::hysterical::

charlesoakwood:

Pretty much on the same page; I don't know, He hasn't led me there, I don't go there.

But thinking about it, considering that one is faithful and sincerely believes in tongues, would it not
depend on how fluent she is with qwerty.  I mean as a faithful person and a musician couldn't playing
a solo that just "takes you away" be considered speaking in another tongue.  And if you accept that
then believing texting in tongues, although extremely farfetched, is possible.

trapeze:
Those who spoke in tongues during Pentecost were said to be speaking in a recognized foreign language. That is, they could be understood by foreigners but not by natives...they spoke in languages that they did not know. I have never seen nor heard of this being demonstrated in modern times. My personal belief is that this particular spiritual gift (like that of healing and prophesy) have been, for reasons known only to God, retired.

CatholicCrusader:

--- Quote from: trapeze on September 03, 2011, 07:45:41 PM ---Those who spoke in tongues during Pentecost were said to be speaking in a recognized foreign language. That is, they could be understood by foreigners but not by natives...they spoke in languages that they did not know. I have never seen nor heard of this being demonstrated in modern times. My personal belief is that this particular spiritual gift (like that of healing and prophesy) have been, for reasons known only to God, retired.

--- End quote ---

As with many things, the rare miracle is drowned out by the army of phonies.

charlesoakwood:

--- Quote from: Charles Oakwood on September 03, 2011, 07:22:12 PM ---
Pretty much on the same page; I don't know, He hasn't led me there, I don't go there.

But thinking about it, considering that one is faithful and sincerely believes in tongues, would it not
depend on how fluent she is with qwerty.  I mean as a faithful person and a musician couldn't playing
a solo that just "takes you away" be considered speaking in another tongue.  And if you accept that
then believing texting in tongues, although extremely farfetched, is possible.

--- End quote ---

No, this is a false argument.  When a musician plays a solo he knows what he is playing and the astute listener knows what he is hearing. 

Thanks Trap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version