Author Topic: National Geographic: Inside The Vatican  (Read 2358 times)

CatholicCrusader

National Geographic: Inside The Vatican
« on: September 03, 2011, 07:39:09 PM »
>>>>>>>>>>

Here is a National Geographic special I found online.
I HIGHLY recommend watching it

I purchased the DVD a while back, and I was surprised to find the entire video online. It lasts a long time: About an hour. But it is really, really good....   ..great photography too, which National Geographic is known for. And the amazing thing is, its actually fairly acurate, coming from an organization that is really no friend of Catholicism.

Inside the Vatican

CatholicCrusader

Re: National Geographic: Inside The Vatican
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »
bump

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 07:44:25 PM »
  Having had the unforgettable honor of having been there all I can say is the film is nice but being there is a whole nother level of being. If you can walk into St.Peters and not get goose bumps all over your body I'll eat my hat.

I hope to live long enough to go back.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »
Not Catholic myself, but I had immense respect for John Paul II, he was a genuinely good and admirable man.  Just on the history and art contained in the Vatican I could envision spending days going through the place if I ever had the opportunity.

And Martin Sheen narrated that piece, amazing, he didn't wander off the script. 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
  Having had the unforgettable honor of having been there all I can say is the film is nice but being there is a whole nother level of being. If you can walk into St.Peters and not get goose bumps all over your body I'll eat my hat.

I hope to live long enough to go back.

I am officially jelous. LOL

Not Catholic myself, but I had immense respect for John Paul II, he was a genuinely good and admirable man.  Just on the history and art contained in the Vatican I could envision spending days going through the place if I ever had the opportunity.

And Martin Sheen narrated that piece, amazing, he didn't wander off the script. 

Sheen is probably more loyal to Nat Geo than he is to the Pope. LOL. He is a Biden/Pelosi type Catholic

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »
Thanks!  One of my kids is going to Italy this summer so I sent the link to her.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:25 PM »
Thanks!  One of my kids is going to Italy this summer so I sent the link to her.

And six months later, what's the verdict?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »

She was in awe.  She talks about it all the time.  Other family members are hoping to go next spring and she's already planning to join them. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »

She was in awe.  She talks about it all the time.  Other family members are hoping to go next spring and she's already planning to join them. 

Last chance to see.  I did love Italy, and the Vatican just made my head hurt - unbelievable the amount of effort and wealth that went into that place. However, I found I loved Florence the most of all of the places I went.  Took my wife back there on Honeymoon.  Not many women will indulge you desire to see Galileo's telescope on their honeymoon.  Also saw a performance of Beethoven's 9th in the Michael Angelo Plaza, as well as touring the usual Museums and Galleries.  All of MichelleOs friends look at her like I jipped her out of decent honeymoon. MichelleO however, still tells me she liked it. I guess I will never know the truth.  I had a great time.