Author Topic: NPR to the rescue: Buffalo NY Muslim beheading wife had nothing to do with Islam  (Read 3288 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Nope. It was just yer typical domestic violence motivated crime, dontchya know. Do they REALLY think people believe this sh*t anymore???

NPR Insists Buffalo Wife's Beheading by Muslim Outreach TV Founder Has No Islamic Overtones

Almost the entire media skipped this chilling honor-killing verdict from Arizona on Tuesday, from Reuters: "An Arizona jury on Tuesday found an Iraqi immigrant guilty of second-degree murder for running down his daughter with a Jeep because she had become too Westernized." Faleh Almaleki killed his daughter Noor in October 2009 because she spurned his arranged marriage and was living with her boyfriend. Apparently, to report this is to be "Islamophobic."

NPR skipped Almaleki, but they noted the verdict in another horrific killing on Monday night's All Things Considered: Aasiya Hassan was beheaded by her husband Mozzamil in 2009 as the two headed a Buffalo television project designed to create better understanding about Muslims. NPR reporter Dina Temple-Raston's objective was to deny this crime was about Islam. Instead, she said, it was simply about domestic violence.

NPR anchor Robert Siegel tried to explain that "at the time, the media seized on the murder as an honor killing. That's a killing allowed in some Muslim societies when shame has been brought on a family. But NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports from Buffalo, the Hassan case is really about domestic violence and it forced an entire community to reckon with stereotypes...."

The whole thing is worth a read. Media as domestic enemy, and all that...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
Nope. It was just yer typical domestic violence motivated crime, dontchya know. Do they REALLY think people believe this sh*t anymore???

NPR Insists Buffalo Wife's Beheading by Muslim Outreach TV Founder Has No Islamic Overtones

Almost the entire media skipped this chilling honor-killing verdict from Arizona on Tuesday, from Reuters: "An Arizona jury on Tuesday found an Iraqi immigrant guilty of second-degree murder for running down his daughter with a Jeep because she had become too Westernized." Faleh Almaleki killed his daughter Noor in October 2009 because she spurned his arranged marriage and was living with her boyfriend. Apparently, to report this is to be "Islamophobic."

NPR skipped Almaleki, but they noted the verdict in another horrific killing on Monday night's All Things Considered: Aasiya Hassan was beheaded by her husband Mozzamil in 2009 as the two headed a Buffalo television project designed to create better understanding about Muslims. NPR reporter Dina Temple-Raston's objective was to deny this crime was about Islam. Instead, she said, it was simply about domestic violence.

NPR anchor Robert Siegel tried to explain that "at the time, the media seized on the murder as an honor killing. That's a killing allowed in some Muslim societies when shame has been brought on a family. But NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports from Buffalo, the Hassan case is really about domestic violence and it forced an entire community to reckon with stereotypes...."

The whole thing is worth a read. Media as domestic enemy, and all that...

IF the whole Juan Williams thing wasn't enough to get NPR banned from the public trough, surely this would do it.  Liberalism is definitely a mental disorder and they believe the rest of us are all stupid. ::cussing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yes, by any and all means, de-fund NPR!  

Honor killings, genital mutilations, beatings, stonings, beheadings...it's not about Islam, this is just the way things are!  Now, feel better?!

Umm, fvck no!

It is Islam, this is what they do!  This is what they want to introduce to our shores!

::overkill::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
The guy only meant to scalp her. ::guillotine::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

The guy only meant to scalp her. ::guillotine::

He's an Indian?  ::speechless::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
It's a muslim outreach thing. He just outreached too much.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
This is just one more reason why the push is on to take away federal funding from Public Broadcasting . Turning the obvious truth inside out is a specialty of PBS . A year ago when there was but a low murmer about defunding public broadcasting the officials at PBS arrogantly stated that that was but a small portion of their funding most of which came from corporations , foundations and individuals . Fast forward to the last month where the New Sheriffs in Congress are looking to make defunding a reality . Now , to hear them talk in their advertising ( propaganda ) , Public Broadcasting will go down the proverbial tubes without that all important government tit .

I know damned well that PBS has been lying to me on this , and many other issues . I just want to know if they lied last year or this year . It's probably a waste of time to ask such a simple question . PBS has a penchant for complicating the obvious . I guess I'll just have to rely on the tried and true method of truth detection and assume that they only lie when their lips move .

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
So cutting her head off was just garden variety domestic violence? They're drunk so deeply from the Kool Aid they probably do believe what they're saying, and the same is true of their typical audience. I'm surprised these people don't walk around with a permanent purple Kool Aid mustache.

Domestic violence is a squabbling couple where one or both got drunk and threw dishes across the kitchen. Cutting someone's head off has a ritualistic/codified connotation (read: Islamic).

The unreality we're forced to live in day in, day out is becoming hard to bear.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
The only reason they do this crap is because there are idiots out there that believe them.And yes they are brain dead!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
The White House Blog

Sixteen Years of the Violence Against Women Act

Last night, more than a hundred advocates and college students from around the country gathered at the home of Vice President Biden to mark the 16th anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). The Vice President spoke passionately about his ongoing commitment to ending violence against women and girls and the next steps we must take to change societal attitudes about violence.

Written and championed by then-Senator Biden, VAWA focused on improving the criminal justice response to domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault. Since 1994, VAWA has sent 4 billion dollars to states and local communities to develop specialized law enforcement units, provide services to victims, improve prosecution of these crimes, and train professionals about domestic violence and sexual assault. In many ways, VAWA has been successful. Since the passage of the Act, domestic violence has dropped by 58%. In spite of all this progress, we still have much work to do. Three women still die every day at the hands of husbands or boyfriends. Domestic violence causes two million injuries a year and untold amounts of human suffering. Domestic violence shelters are still full, hotlines are ringing, and for every victim who has come forward, many more are suffering alone.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/09/23/sixteen-years-violence-against-women-act

Again, this only works if you ARE NOT a conservative, Republican OR muslim woman.

Speaking of USELESS government offices...
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Somebody wake me up when people finally realize we are at war with Islam and are resolved to do everything it takes to combat it.

Otherwise...

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Now , to hear them talk in their advertising ( propaganda ) , Public Broadcasting will go down the proverbial tubes without that all important government tit .

I'm sure they can find a downside to that, but it sure escapes me. ;D
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson