Author Topic: Tea Party Hi Jinks  (Read 975 times)

charlesoakwood

Tea Party Hi Jinks
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:01:27 AM »
This Sunday:

Tea Party Express  a prominent Tea Party mover and shaker originating out of California will have a rally in NH with Mittens Romney as a featured speaker.  Freedom Works, chaired by Dick Armey and vice-chair Steve Forbes have been participating and helping the tour.  No more.   “We have to defend our brand against poseurs,” said Brendan Steinhauser,Federal and State Campaigns Director of Freedom Works.

This Monday:

Adding to this bit of frickas the Tea Party Express will host Sarah Palin at another rally.  This is the same Tea Party Express that shoe horned Christine O'Donnell into a rally featuring Palin in Iowa without consultation but with consternation resulting in Ms. O'Donnell being disinvited.  Will they foul this rally also?

What's up with the Tea Party Express?

Freedom Works is disassociating from the Tea Party Express and refers to them as poseurs.  
The Tea Party Express caused internal problems by double booking speakers without (I like  O'Donnell but she doesn't belong on stage with a future presidential candidate) consultation and is now booking Mittens Romney.  Something is wrong in paradise.

HT: The Other McCain

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Tea Party Hi Jinks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:19:16 AM »
The ruling class needs the Tea Party to go away.

I think the point someone made a few days ago is spot-on. There are elements in the GOP that would rather lose elections than allow the GOP to become increasingly infiltrated by the Tea Party. They would rather lose in 2012 and blame the Tea Party than win in 2012 with the Tea Party.

I would expect every effort to undermine the Tea Party to come from the GOP, with the Democrats operating as their cheerleaders.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 05:56:49 AM »
The ruling class needs the Tea Party to go away.

I think the point someone made a few days ago is spot-on. There are elements in the GOP that would rather lose elections than allow the GOP to become increasingly infiltrated by the Tea Party. They would rather lose in 2012 and blame the Tea Party than win in 2012 with the Tea Party.

I would expect every effort to undermine the Tea Party to come from the GOP, with the Democrats operating as their cheerleaders.

Fricking Ruling Class.  ::doublebird:: ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:07:23 AM »
Unfortunately, some of the Tea Party's strengths are it's weaknesses.
It's kind of a "big tent" that has no defined positions

It's failure to organize into a real political party weakens it. I don't meam it has to be a real 3rd party, but probably be the party within the party

Here, at least, they're scared to death of endorsing or supporting anyone.
They have everyone come and hold educational workshops.

I'll add more but just passing through right now

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »
The Tea Party isn't a political party - it is a phenomena. It is that unison of voices you see in the movies when the villagers finally recognize that they've had enough tyranny and exploitation and rise up to say "No more!"

We are cautious in our endorsements because we know that of all the politicians currently practicing their craft, there are but a handful that have any courage at all. Many more may be decent enough, but they lack the intestinal fortitude to take a stand that would cost them their job. And then there are the dhimmicrats - carrion-eaters all.

Try to define the Tea Party only at its peril. The harder you try to dissect it, the more you kill its spirit. The more you try to control it, the more fragmented it becomes. You can lead a movement but you push a mob. The more you try to manipulate or intimidate it, the harder it becomes. That's called resolve and I'm resolved to rid myself and my community of dhimmicrat interference in my life.

The funny thing is that the Tea Party has been around many times, and in many forms. The left may succeed in destroying its current incarnation, but they cannot kill the essence of its spirit - the quest for liberty. Knock us down and we will be reborn - stronger and more plentiful.

(or not.....I haven't had my coffee yet...)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
The Tea Party isn't a political party - it is a phenomena. It is that unison of voices you see in the movies when the villagers finally recognize that they've had enough tyranny and exploitation and rise up to say "No more!"

We are cautious in our endorsements because we know that of all the politicians currently practicing their craft, there are but a handful that have any courage at all. Many more may be decent enough, but they lack the intestinal fortitude to take a stand that would cost them their job. And then there are the dhimmicrats - carrion-eaters all.

Try to define the Tea Party only at its peril. The harder you try to dissect it, the more you kill its spirit. The more you try to control it, the more fragmented it becomes. You can lead a movement but you push a mob. The more you try to manipulate or intimidate it, the harder it becomes. That's called resolve and I'm resolved to rid myself and my community of dhimmicrat interference in my life.

The funny thing is that the Tea Party has been around many times, and in many forms. The left may succeed in destroying its current incarnation, but they cannot kill the essence of its spirit - the quest for liberty. Knock us down and we will be reborn - stronger and more plentiful.

(or not.....I haven't had my coffee yet...)

::thumbsup::

The Ruling Class wants the Tea Party to have a leadership flow chart - it fixes the the target.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:32:58 PM »
I'd go along with that.

Look what happens when Palis goes on tour without a set agenda!  They all had kittens.  Same principle at work.  Cannot adequately conduct full press demonization if targets/times/places always change! 

::thumbsup::

Flash mob grassroots politics!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.