Author Topic: Rebels for Democracy  (Read 2111 times)

charlesoakwood

Rebels for Democracy
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:20:32 PM »
This is not surprising but it is an unexpected twist in the unfolding Libyan evolving democracy story.  
Obama lighting fires even he didn't expect.

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP)  — Rebel forces and armed civilians are rounding up
thousands of black Libyans

and migrants from sub-Sahara Africa, accusing them of fighting for ousted strongman
Moammar Gadhafi and holding them in makeshift jails across the capital.

HT: Weasel Zippers

More than 5000 brutally held captive

The African Union has withheld recognition of the National Transitional Council, taking them to task for what they view as a racist detention policy. And the NTC has rejected a UN offer of peacekeeping troops to “monitor” the situation.

There is also an historical context to be considered when talking about racism in Libya. As Stephen Brown pointed out in FPM last April, since the 7th century, 14 million blacks have been sold into slavery in Arab countries. This has resulted in a kind of racism not seen in America for decades, where blacks are considered sub-human and not fit for any task except those that an Arab considers beneath him. One African columnist writes, “In Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea, Mauritania and the rest of the Arab world, Africans are treated like scum.” In marketplaces, Arabs throw stones at blacks, while preventing them from achieving any positions of authority in Arab countries. “There are hardly any Africans in high government positions in Arab governed countries…It is simply a way of life that’s all. Blacks do not really exist or at best are not human.”

But several western news organizations would disagree with those denials. Reuters reports on a camp that desperate black Africans have set up along the sea shore where refugees tell grim stories of murder, robbery, and beatings at the hands of young Libyans who accost any male with a black face and are likely to haul them off to one of dozens of detention centers in the Libyan capital.

HT:  Front Page Magazine

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Rebels for Democracy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »
The "Religion of Peace" is showing their tolerance level...............which is nil.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
Bwaha.....bwahahahahahaaaaaaa....hAHAaaahahahah.....*gasp*.....ahem ....... ahaahhaaaBWAAHAAAA.......*snork*..heh .... heheheh..........HAHAHAH............*snerk*........

Okay, I'm fine no.......ahahah...... I'm fine now.

WE'RE racist, though, right, the good ole USA, the KKK of AmeriKKKa?

Libya!  The seat of Arab/muslim democracy, right?

They're killin' me.  I swear t' God.  The f**king. lying. morons.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »

Remember back in the first grade, they would show an illustration or a picture then ask the class what did it depict or what did it mean?  Those morons, busy taking their children to kickball events, are incapable of analyzing a rudimentary image.  They are the one's who'll get us killed.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
You maybe; count me out.

Nobody's getting me killed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »

They're the one's who'll get a lot of people killed...except Pandora.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 10:47:10 PM »

They're the one's who'll get a lot of people killed...except Pandora.

That's right ... except Pandora.  Hopefully, you too.

I've ceased mingling with the minglers in almost every way possible.  I avoid events and crowds and when I venture out, do so in a highly alerted condition.  When the time arrives that streets everywhere are a regular site of combat, it'll be my foot-wrong for which I'll pay, not the ignoranti.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:51:32 PM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 08:21:23 PM »
Ask a dipsh*t democrat if this is the change they believe in.

I'll bet some, even some black dem's, might say yes.

Shows just how effed up this is every way you look at it!

I have no stomach for any of 'em...

::doublebird::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »
If I gota go, let me take a few of the SOB's with me! ;D

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
Sorry but Kill then all and let God sort it OUT. ::facepalm::.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »
(CNN)  — A potent stash of Russian-made surface-to-air missiles is missing from a huge Tripoli weapons warehouse amid reports of weapons looting across war-torn Libya.

“We are talking about some 20,000 surface-to-air missiles in all of Libya, and I’ve seen cars packed with them.” he* said. “They could turn all of North Africa into a no-fly zone.”

*Peter Bouckaert, Human Rights Watch emergencies director

HT: Weasel Zippers

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »
Arab Spring: Hundreds of Egyptians Tear Down Concrete Wall Protecting Israeli Embassy — UPDATE: Protesters Breach Building, Dump Hebrew-Language Documents Out Window, Ambassador Evacuated…

Egypt commandos save 6 Israelis in embassy attack  Las Vegas Sun/AP

The Israeli guards drew their handguns, convinced it was their final moments as they hid in a barricaded safe room from Egyptian rioters just outside the door, ransacking rooms of the embassy.
In the end, Egyptian commandos made their way in and rescued the six after flurried phone calls between Israeli, American and Egyptian officials to try to resolve the unrest.

They were probably waiting for CIC to make up his mind and finally went ahead when there was barely time enough remaining.  Will Israel abandon Egypt or will they stay and try to facilitate some form of reasonable government?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 08:05:32 PM »

NYT

Egypt and Israel both issued statements on Saturday reaffirming their commitments to their peace treaty, but in a televised address on Saturday night, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel warned that Egypt “cannot ignore the heavy damage done to the fabric of peace.”

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:27:54 PM by Charles Oakwood »