Topics > Radical Islam/GWOT

Rebels for Democracy

(1/3) > >>

charlesoakwood:
This is not surprising but it is an unexpected twist in the unfolding Libyan evolving democracy story.  
Obama lighting fires even he didn't expect.

--- Quote ---TRIPOLI, Libya (AP)  — Rebel forces and armed civilians are rounding up
thousands of black Libyans

and migrants from sub-Sahara Africa, accusing them of fighting for ousted strongman
Moammar Gadhafi and holding them in makeshift jails across the capital.

--- End quote ---
HT: Weasel Zippers

--- Quote ---More than 5000 brutally held captive

The African Union has withheld recognition of the National Transitional Council, taking them to task for what they view as a racist detention policy. And the NTC has rejected a UN offer of peacekeeping troops to “monitor” the situation.

There is also an historical context to be considered when talking about racism in Libya. As Stephen Brown pointed out in FPM last April, since the 7th century, 14 million blacks have been sold into slavery in Arab countries. This has resulted in a kind of racism not seen in America for decades, where blacks are considered sub-human and not fit for any task except those that an Arab considers beneath him. One African columnist writes, “In Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea, Mauritania and the rest of the Arab world, Africans are treated like scum.” In marketplaces, Arabs throw stones at blacks, while preventing them from achieving any positions of authority in Arab countries. “There are hardly any Africans in high government positions in Arab governed countries…It is simply a way of life that’s all. Blacks do not really exist or at best are not human.”

But several western news organizations would disagree with those denials. Reuters reports on a camp that desperate black Africans have set up along the sea shore where refugees tell grim stories of murder, robbery, and beatings at the hands of young Libyans who accost any male with a black face and are likely to haul them off to one of dozens of detention centers in the Libyan capital.

--- End quote ---

HT:  Front Page Magazine

AlanS:
The "Religion of Peace" is showing their tolerance level...............which is nil.

Pandora:
Bwaha.....bwahahahahahaaaaaaa....hAHAaaahahahah.....*gasp*.....ahem ....... ahaahhaaaBWAAHAAAA.......*snork*..heh .... heheheh..........HAHAHAH............*snerk*........

Okay, I'm fine no.......ahahah...... I'm fine now.

WE'RE racist, though, right, the good ole USA, the KKK of AmeriKKKa?

Libya!  The seat of Arab/muslim democracy, right?

They're killin' me.  I swear t' God.  The f**king. lying. morons.

charlesoakwood:

Remember back in the first grade, they would show an illustration or a picture then ask the class what did it depict or what did it mean?  Those morons, busy taking their children to kickball events, are incapable of analyzing a rudimentary image.  They are the one's who'll get us killed.

Pandora:
You maybe; count me out.

Nobody's getting me killed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version