Author Topic: Sarah Palin Runs....unannounced....  (Read 1028 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Sarah Palin Runs....unannounced....
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Sarah Palin runs unannounced in Iowa half-marathon

Josh Hafner

3:53 PM, Sep 4, 2011

(Storm Lake Running Club)
Sarah Palin’s short-lived and unannounced run began and ended today in Storm Lake, Iowa.

The morning after Palin’s speech at a tea party rally in Indianola, Greta Van Susteren of Fox News posted a photo she said was snapped of Palin during the “Jump Right in and Run” half-marathon organized by the Storm Lake Running Club.

Hannah Campbell, webmaster of the Storm Lake Running Club, confirmed the former Alaska governor’s participation in the event. She said Palin’s official time was 1 hour 46 minutes 10 seconds.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/09/04/sarah-palin-runs-in-iowa-half-marathon/

Sarah Palin rocks Iowa: ‘The status quo is no longer an option’

Published: 3:38 PM 09/03/2011 | Updated: 6:33 PM 09/04/2011

By Jedediah Bila

Sarah Palin hit the stage in Indianola, Iowa this afternoon to keynote the Tea Party of America’s “Restoring America” rally. And she certainly pulled no punches.

Palin took on President Obama’s failed policies and proclivity toward crony capitalism, stood firm in her support for tea party principles and rekindled the 2008 RNC speech she gave exactly three years ago today.

Some highlights from the speech:

“We’re not celebrating red America or blue America. We’re celebrating red, white and blue America.”

“What brought us together is a love of country and we see that America is hurting. We’re not willing to just sit back and watch her demise through some fundamental transformation … we’re here to begin the restoration of the country that we love. We’re here because America is at a tipping point.”

“We’ve transformed from a country of hope to one of anxiety … Barack Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and instead he turned around and tripled it … President Obama, is this what you call winning the future? I call it losing, losing our country and with it the American dream.”

“This movement isn’t simply a political awakening. It’s an American awakening. And it’s coming from ordinary Americans … it’s you who grow our food, you run our small businesses, you teach our children, you fight our wars.”

“And as much as the media wants you to forget this, tea party Americans won an electoral victory of historic proportions in November … We sent a new class of leaders to D.C., but immediately the permanent political class, they tried to co-opt them.”

“Like you, I’m not for sale … I believe in the free market and that is why I detest crony capitalism. And Barack Obama has shown us cronyism on steroids. It will lead to our downfall if we don’t stop it now.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/03/sarah-palin-rocks-iowa-the-status... ::facepalm::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Sarah Palin Runs....unannounced....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
...AND she can run a marathon!

ETA: Why is she running on the grass and everyone else on the pavement? Is she faster than everybody too?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 10:04:55 AM »
Is it just me or does that photo look 'shopped?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »

If it were, you'd have the Leftist blogosphere exploding with the accusation.

ETA: A google search of "Palin" "marathon" "photoshop" turns up one accusation, reposted is a few places: "Is the picture of Sarah Palin running in Iowa the worst job of photoshop EVER?"

No evidence or corroboration.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:31:24 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »

I thought it did too, when I saw it last night.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 10:35:26 AM »
If it is, we'll hear about it from Palin herself. There's no possible way she authorized a fake photo of her running a half-marathon. If it's fake, it was done to her, not by her.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
If it is, we'll hear about it from Palin herself. There's no possible way she authorized a fake photo of her running a half-marathon. If it's fake, it was done to her, not by her.

Oh, no doubt.  I'm not averring, either, that anything untoward was done, just musing that her figure doesn't seem to belong where it is.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »

Agreed.  But it's a sign of how ubiquitous Photoshop and other image editing software have become that we now have to ask ourselves that question of every photograph we see.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
It does look a bit "off", but that might just be that the lens focused on her as the foreground subject, leaving the people behind her a bit blurred. I've seen a similar effect with my digital camera when I use the "Sports Mode" to capture fast movement. I'm sure there's plenty of people who can corroborate her being there.

I'd love to see her challenge Toonces to that triathlon they do on his home turf in Hawaii. I think it's a Bike-Swim-Run event, and I have no doubt whatsoever that she would absolutely kick his ass.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »
If it was faked, it would be exposed by now.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:05:40 PM »
If it was faked, it would be overexposed by now.

FIFY.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 05:20:15 PM »
Yes she was here or about thirty-five miles south. ::beertoast::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow