Author Topic: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally  (Read 6749 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally
« on: September 05, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa had some profane, combative words for Republicans while warming up the crowd for President Obama in Detroit, Michigan on Monday.

Vid at link.  The GOP might have been mentioned previously, but I didn't hear that said; what is on the vid is "TEA Party".

"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa added.

Obama addressed the crowd shortly after Hoffa.

H/T Gymnast
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
Just so happens I watched the movie "Hoffa" with Jack Nicholson just two days ago. Even according to the sympathetic cinematic portrayal, a more corrupt, immoral, ends-justify-the-means sonofabitch is hard to imagine.

Please Mr. Hoffa. Go full-on militant. Pretty please.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
It does make me wonder if they actually intend to go full-militant, IDP. 

After the Giffords shooting, we were lectured, harassed and admonished about "civility", only to be subjected shortly afterward to the "TEA Party as terrorists/hostage-takers" language, and from our elected officials no less, and now this.

Leaving aside the ignorant and the stupid, and of course the verbally militant, what exactly would a reasonable person be expected to think, and then do, in response to these accusations and threats?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
I don't wonder at all Pan. I think the Hoffa/Trumka/Shabazz types are salivating at the prospect of getting some kind of "go-ahead" wink and nod from this administration.

What to do? What I know you are already doing. Remain vigilant, well armed, well-informed, well-stocked, and mentally prepared.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »

Let them make the first move.  It should be obvious and undeniable otherwise it's not a move.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
So, I have to wonder at this point exactly what the present and former CT folks are thinking right now about TONE!::stirpot::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »
Something said here last week motivated me to go over there ::holding nose:: and see what was happening.  It was a tomb.  There were only two commentators on the whole first page.  I am morbidly curious as to what psychosis causes one to continue with thousands of posts with no response.

ETA: That was not an answer to your question.  
The answer to your question is, there is no one there to consider TONE.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
Hey jimmy - what's your favorite flavor of concrete?

(how's that for tone?)  ::angel::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »

Something said here last week motivated me to go over there ::holding nose:: and see what was happening.  It was a tomb.  There were only two commentators on the whole first page.  I am morbidly curious as to what psychosis causes one to continue with thousands of posts with no response.

Same issue as causes one to repeatedly talk to oneself, I reckon.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »
I don't wonder at all Pan. I think the Hoffa/Trumka/Shabazz types are salivating at the prospect of getting some kind of "go-ahead" wink and nod from this administration.

What to do? What I know you are already doing. Remain vigilant, well armed, well-informed, well-stocked, and mentally prepared.

And we're widely disbursed.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »

And we're widely disbursed.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of
us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

I love that one, Soup.  "They got us surrounded; we got 'em right where we want 'em!"

It's a target-rich environment!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

So how's that winning thing working up there in Michigan, Jimbo? ::doublebird::

I'm not sure WHY they would want to start a war when the enemy is well armed.  ::fail::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
Stole my thunder Alan!

::thumbsup::

Going into battle with idiots makes for a lopsided war.

Go ahead and start something Lil' Jimmy!  Get that mouth of yours to write more checks your dumbass can't cash!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 08:56:55 PM »
That quote is out of context this is the quote from his speech

Hoffa: Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »
What we need is another kind of tea party. One where we throw career politicians in the river, oh right, that's coming up in 2012.
We the people must act.
This bunch in DC is out to destroy America, that's a fact.
Outside of armed invasion, we are stuck with the ballot box. It will work. It has brought down every corruption in our brief history. We must trust the founders wisdom.
If all else fails, and the left is unwilling to accept the will of the people, then we must retake America any way we have to.
I never thought I'd live to see what I'm seeing now, here, in America, in Washington D.C., the blatant corruption, the lobby is God.
We the people MUST do away with the lobby, and lobbyists.
We must elect men and women of good character, trustworthy, good family men and women.
People who still think America is worthy of being THE Superpower.
And yes, we should be the policemen of the world.
America should put a price on the head of every petty dictator in the world, and make damn sure that if a people, anywhere wish to live free, America will be there to defend them against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.
That's my America.
Love her or leave her.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »

Hoffa: Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

Does that justify the violent rhetoric? How do you feel about this rhetoric, and this context, in relation to the treatment of oh, say... Sarah Palin's rhetoric, or the Tea Party rhetoric?

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
Union thugs have amply demonstrated plenty of context when mobbing the private homes of businessmen, and squatting in the Wisconsin capitol grounds, and the police union attempting to build a blacklist of area businesses that did not acquiesce to their "suggestion" of denouncing the Republican state senators.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 09:24:22 PM »

BULLSHT!  The vid is at the link, and unless you're offering the excuse it was tampered with, what was quoted was what he said.