Author Topic: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
That quote is out of context this is the quote from his speech

Hoffa: Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

Hitler said as much and did much more in addition to it...look how that turned out.  Hoffa is a domestic terrorist, period.  And I will deal with him on those terms.  

/File under don't start nothing, won't get nothing.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
Obama proud of Hoffa

As outrageous as Hoffa's (and Biden's) comment was in comparison to ANYTHING EVER RECORDED by a Tea Party Member or Sarah Palin; as shrill, predictable, and incessant as are the calls from the Left to denounce rhetoric by conservatives that never occurs in reality - I would expect no denouncing of Hoffa or Biden from Obama, and I would expect no calls from the media for him to denounce or distance himself from their rhetoric.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »
That quote is out of context this is the quote from his speech

Hoffa: Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

BULLSHT!  The vid is at the link, and unless you're offering the excuse it was tampered with, what was quoted was what he said.
http://twitter.com/#!/edhenryTV/status/110765759600402432

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »
Doesn't matter Brad. It's the incendiary rhetoric. You are not reproducing the full quote in context either. He declared WAR on the Tea Party, called us sonofabitches.

Then, the President of the United States came out and said how proud he is of Hoffa.

This is despicable and inexcusable, and it's going to end up getting someone killed.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »

Link to Breitbart video of Hoffa,  HT: Weasel Zippers

(RCP)

— Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa had some profane, combative words for Republicans while warming up the crowd for President Obama in Detroit, Michigan on Monday.

“We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They’ve got a war, they got a war with us and there’s only going to be one winner. It’s going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We’re going to win that war,” Jimmy Hoffa Jr. said to a heavily union crowd.

“President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong,” Hoffa added.

(TPM)

— Teamsters union president James Hoffa would say it all again if he could, he told TPM Monday.

Hoffa riled up Fox News and the right wing Monday with a Labor Day speech in Detroit in which he called Republican members of Congress “sons of bitches” and said union workers are ready to “go to war” with the tea party next year and “take out” Republicans at the ballot box.

Hoffa said he’d say the exact same words all over again.

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 10:13:33 PM »
Doesn't matter Brad. It's the incendiary rhetoric. You are not reproducing the full quote in context either. He declared WAR on the Tea Party, called us sonofabitches.

Then, the President of the United States came out and said how proud he is of Hoffa.

This is despicable and inexcusable, and it's going to end up getting someone killed.

I'm not reproducing anything this is directly from Ed Henry's twitter feed.  If you want to take it up with him fine,  but I'm just relaying information directly from him that you might not have seen.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »

I'm not reproducing anything this is directly from Ed Henry's twitter feed.  If you want to take it up with him fine,  but I'm just relaying information directly from him that you might not have seen.

We've got two videos of Hoffa saying something other than what Ed Henry's "twitter feed" says he says.  I'm not interested in taking it up with Ed Henry; I'm interested in taking it up with you that you don't believe what your eyes and ears tell you, come back.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »
I understand you were reposting Brad. My point is, the Left writhes and gnashes teeth over Tea Party rhetoric that does not come close to approaching what James Hoffa said today. Not even close. The Tea Party is maligned and held accountable for imaginary incendiary rhetoric.

Now this Leftist slob wants to play war games, call us sonofabitches, and talk about "taking [us] out"? Decency, consistency, and intellectual honesty would demand a full-throated condemnation from O'Chimpy and his demonic minions. But I know that will never, ever come.

Obama is "proud" of the mobster James Hoffa. So be it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 10:43:25 PM »
Ann Althouse says:

I realize “let’s take these sons of bitches out” can be interpreted to mean let’s vote these terrible people out of office. But “take them out” is not an idiomatic expression that corresponds to “vote them out.” Take them out? Maybe that’s not the phrase he intended to use, but if it was unintended, it was still a gaffe. A revealing gaffe. Unless you’re speaking in a positive way — referring to taking someone out on a date, for example — “take them out” is a violent command. With “sons of bitches” right there, it’s unmistakably violent. Now, you can say it’s only metaphorical, and all Hoffa really wants is to oust these people from office.

But it was only last January that Obama and many other Democrats were saying that violent metaphors, including a simple target on a map, were dangerous incitements for the unstable irrational folk out there.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »

We've got two videos of Hoffa saying something other than what Ed Henry's "twitter feed" says he says.  I'm not interested in taking it up with Ed Henry; I'm interested in taking it up with you that you don't believe what your eyes and ears tell you, come back.

The video was edited by the Ed Henry show and he went back and corrected hoffa's statements with a tweet which put Hoffa's statement into a fuller context.  I don't believe selectively edited footage I guess if that is your question.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 10:50:04 PM »
Nobody said you selectively edited anything, but you're citing a source that avers his remarks were edited.

Go here >>> http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/05/jimmy_hoffa_at_obama_event_on_gop_lets_take_these_son_of_bitches_out.html

to see AND HEAR the relevant piece.

eta: And this is the second time this cite has been posted.  Have the decency in the future to examine the evidence before attempting to refute with somebody else's bullsht.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Ann Althouse says:

I realize “let’s take these sons of bitches out” can be interpreted to mean let’s vote these terrible people out of office. But “take them out” is not an idiomatic expression that corresponds to “vote them out.” Take them out? Maybe that’s not the phrase he intended to use, but if it was unintended, it was still a gaffe. A revealing gaffe. Unless you’re speaking in a positive way — referring to taking someone out on a date, for example — “take them out” is a violent command. With “sons of bitches” right there, it’s unmistakably violent. Now, you can say it’s only metaphorical, and all Hoffa really wants is to oust these people from office.

But it was only last January that Obama and many other Democrats were saying that violent metaphors, including a simple target on a map, were dangerous incitements for the unstable irrational folk out there.

It is a direct threat.  If he said those words directly to another person and took a step toward that person self defense would be justified.

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 01:31:04 AM »
Nobody said you selectively edited anything, but you're citing a source that avers his remarks were edited.

Go here >>> http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/05/jimmy_hoffa_at_obama_event_on_gop_lets_take_these_son_of_bitches_out.html

to see AND HEAR the relevant piece.

eta: And this is the second time this cite has been posted.  Have the decency in the future to examine the evidence before attempting to refute with somebody else's bullsht.

Lol that is the clip from Ed Henry's show on fox news,  ya know the one that he later tweeted the unedited quote to his viewers so that they would understand it was out of context. 

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:57 AM »
I don't mean to split hairs but Hoffa referred to the Tea Party ( and essentially people like us ) as "son-of-a-bitches" . That indicates poor grammar and an ignorance of mammalian reproduction . The correct form would be "sons-of-bitches" . That doesn't change the fact that Hoffa was a son-of-a-bitch for saying it .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:01 AM »
Is this what you get when you have a twit twittering such twaddle?

::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »
"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers producers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Democrat Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working productive people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers producers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Sarah Palin said to a heavily union Tea Party crowd.

"President Obama Michele Bachmann, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa Palin added.

Obama Bachmann addressed the crowd shortly after Hoffa Palin.

UPDATE: Obama Bachmann Says He She Is "Proud" Of Hoffa Palin After Union Tea Party Leader's Remarks

Maybe now some may find fault with the statement...

::)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 07:20:03 AM »
"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers producers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Democrat Party. And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working productive people is we like a good fight. And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers producers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war," Jimmy Hoffa Sarah Palin said to a heavily union Tea Party crowd.

"President Obama Michele Bachmann, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong," Hoffa Palin added.

Obama Bachmann addressed the crowd shortly after Hoffa Palin.

UPDATE: Obama Bachmann Says He She Is "Proud" Of Hoffa Palin After Union Tea Party Leader's Remarks

Maybe now some may find fault with the statement...

::)

Yes, maybe.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 07:24:36 AM »
Oh, also, people may be interested to know that Michele is uising this to drum up donations...I got the e-mail last night...nothing like a off-his-meds union-punk on a psychotic rant to fill the campaign coffers!

::whoohoo::

Thanks Jimmy!

::danceban::

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »
I saw Hoffa on an interview Yestserday. He started ragging on Mitt Romey's father and I thought to myself: Here is the last guy that should be talking about someone else's dad