Author Topic: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally  (Read 6751 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 08:10:14 AM »
I saw Hoffa on an interview Yestserday. He started ragging on Mitt Romey's father and I thought to myself: Here is the last guy that should be talking about someone else's dad

No doubt.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »

He's promoting sympathy for Romney.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
Nothing beats a try but failure. Caution Union DSOB's, come at your own peril! PLEASE!!!!

FOX News Deceptively Doctors Jimmy Hoffa ‘Violent Speech’ Video?
[Editor's note: We want to know your thoughts.]

While we aren’t fans of Jimmy Hoffa, we are fans of getting the most accurate version of a reported story out even if that story is not in our favor. Truth telling, not bearing false witness, like not stealing, is fundamental to good reporting.

It has come to our attention that a recent Jimmy Hoffa ‘call to violence’ sounds more like a ‘get out the vote’ speech with the use of some uncivil and even violent rhetoric. FOX News released a clip of Hoffa’s Detroit speech on Monday. Left out of the clip was the entire context of Hoffa’s speech. It has been reported by some that FOX News has used the entire clip in their TV show, but what is making the rounds on the internet is the edited version.

Let’s be clear, “Let’s take these son of bitches out” is way over the top, so much so that Mr. Hoffa should resign from his union leadership position. If a conservative leader had said anything similar, he would be packing his bags today.

By editing the speech, FOX is giving Hoffa and his supporters cover. They can rightly say, “The speech was edited.”

This is how Hoffa’s remarks are currently being reported by most Conservative news organizations (Section in bold is my doing and is the most pertinent piece. It sounds like violent rhetoric with a violent call to action; Chicago style:

“President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong,” Hoffa added.
Now, let’s revisit the bolded section when it is left unedited:

President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. And President Obama, we want one thing: jobs, jobs, jobs… That’s what we’re going to tell him. He’s gonna be … and when he sees what we’re doing here, he will be inspired. But he needs help. And you know what? Everybody here’s got to vote. If we go back, and we keep the eye on the prize… Let’s take these son of a bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong.

[url]http://godfatherpolitics.com/843/media-outlets-deceptively-doctoring-jimmy-hoffas-violent-speech/]http://godfatherpolitics.com/843/media-outlets-deceptively-doctoring-jimmy-hoffas-violent-speech/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:25:15 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Tapper practicing real journalism re; Hoffa, Obama, & double-standard (video)
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »
Imagine if all journalists took their job as seriously as Jake Tapper. Gotta give credit where it's due, and draw attention to those in that stinking profession when they do something right.

Good job Jake.

ABC'S JAKE TAPPER PRESSES WHITE HOUSE ON HOFFA 'SOB' REMARKS
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »
When Beck is funny, he's damn funny. I like him so much better on the radio than on TV. His TV show got too heavy - even though I really appreciate what he was trying to do - what he did do. I just think this kind of comedic radio is where his natural broadcast talent lies.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
Heard Beck too...hilarious.

As far as Jake goes, need a hell of a lot more of that!  A lot more!  But kudos to him for holding their feet to the fire.

::thumbsup::
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:12:36 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:23 PM »
Nothing beats a try but failure. Caution Union DSOB's, come at your own peril! PLEASE!!!!

FOX News Deceptively Doctors Jimmy Hoffa ‘Violent Speech’ Video?
[Editor's note: We want to know your thoughts.]

While we aren’t fans of Jimmy Hoffa, we are fans of getting the most accurate version of a reported story out even if that story is not in our favor. Truth telling, not bearing false witness, like not stealing, is fundamental to good reporting.

It has come to our attention that a recent Jimmy Hoffa ‘call to violence’ sounds more like a ‘get out the vote’ speech with the use of some uncivil and even violent rhetoric. FOX News released a clip of Hoffa’s Detroit speech on Monday. Left out of the clip was the entire context of Hoffa’s speech. It has been reported by some that FOX News has used the entire clip in their TV show, but what is making the rounds on the internet is the edited version.

Let’s be clear, “Let’s take these son of bitches out” is way over the top, so much so that Mr. Hoffa should resign from his union leadership position. If a conservative leader had said anything similar, he would be packing his bags today.

By editing the speech, FOX is giving Hoffa and his supporters cover. They can rightly say, “The speech was edited.”

This is how Hoffa’s remarks are currently being reported by most Conservative news organizations (Section in bold is my doing and is the most pertinent piece. It sounds like violent rhetoric with a violent call to action; Chicago style:

“President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong,” Hoffa added.
Now, let’s revisit the bolded section when it is left unedited:

President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. And President Obama, we want one thing: jobs, jobs, jobs… That’s what we’re going to tell him. He’s gonna be … and when he sees what we’re doing here, he will be inspired. But he needs help. And you know what? Everybody here’s got to vote. If we go back, and we keep the eye on the prize… Let’s take these son of a bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong.

[url=http://godfatherpolitics.com/843/media-outlets-deceptively-doctoring-jimmy-hoffas-violent-speech/]]http://godfatherpolitics.com/843/media-outlets-deceptively-doctoring-jimmy-hoffas-violent-speech/]http://godfatherpolitics.com/843/media-outlets-deceptively-doctoring-jimmy-hoffas-violent-speech/

I said this yesterday....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
What?  What did you say yesterday?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2011, 11:32:21 PM »
Brad, you're trying really hard here to make some sort of point, but there there isn't any 'there' there. Even if Fox edited the video as claimed (I wouldn't know since I don't watch Fox) it is a distinction without a difference.

The words stand on their own miserable merit and hiding behind phony "It depends on the what the meaning of 'is' is" crap doesn't change a thing. Hoffa's rhetoric, like that of so many on the left, is completely over the top and reprehensible.

The fact that obama endorsed (through acquiescence) the import of Hoffa's message is equally reprehensible.

If you lefties had any shame you'd be hanging your heads right about now.

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 12:16:45 AM »
Brad, you're trying really hard here to make some sort of point, but there there isn't any 'there' there. Even if Fox edited the video as claimed (I wouldn't know since I don't watch Fox) it is a distinction without a difference.

The words stand on their own miserable merit and hiding behind phony "It depends on the what the meaning of 'is' is" crap doesn't change a thing. Hoffa's rhetoric, like that of so many on the left, is completely over the top and reprehensible.

The fact that obama endorsed (through acquiescence) the import of Hoffa's message is equally reprehensible.

I was pointing out that the news organization that edited the clip corrected it with a tweet.  That is all.  To say I'm trying to make a point because I mentioned additional information overlooked by the rest of the posters which applies directly to the subject matter and is from the person who authored the story is ludicrous.  Go ahead and believe fox news for all I care, it's your reality, not mine. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
I was pointing out that the news organization that edited the clip corrected it with a tweet.  That is all.  To say I'm trying to make a point because I mentioned additional information overlooked by the rest of the posters which applies directly to the subject matter and is from the person who authored the story is ludicrous.  Go ahead and believe fox news for all I care, it's your reality, not mine. 

I think maybe what Soup was alluding to was that a few people tried to engage you with counterpoint - myself included - and you just reiterated your initial point a few times without directly addressing the counterpoints.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »

I think maybe what Soup was alluding to was that a few people tried to engage you with counterpoint - myself included - and you just reiterated your initial point a few times without directly addressing the counterpoints.

I had no counterpoint... I was pointing out that the news organization that edited the clip corrected it with a tweet.  That is all.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 06:41:22 AM »
Okie doke. So you have no opinion or comment re; those who say that the edit in this case has no bearing on the offensiveness or the intent of Hoffa's comment, or Obama's refusal to condemn it?

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 07:15:21 AM »
Can I take some son of bitches out?!?!?!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »

I agreee that Fox used a clip that was unfairly edited. Lefties and every other media outlet have no problem with that and have been doing it to sway the public- and did so for Obama's benefit all through the election. I still run into people who think Palin said she could see Alaska from her house. If the left plays dirty pool, I have no problem with us matching them. You don't win a war by being the good guy- which is what the left has been depending on- using the right's own morality against them - with no expectation that they should be held to the same stadards. After all the left is immoral- they have no principles or standards other than the lust for power, so why shouldn't they use all of the tools at their disposal? The left is only crying foul because the right is starting to realize that and using the tools that the left uses all of the time.   

The editiing is irrelevant, but the content is the case in point. The  left made a big deal about the "civility of our public discourse" and that there is a clear and egregious double standard at play.  Even  if the clip had been played unedited, it breaks the standards for civil discourse that Obama and others said they supported and would repudiate. They didn't and haven't. Because the left wasn't serious about there being a standard fo discourse,  just a standard they wanted o get conservatives to impose on themselves, which the left had no intentinof ever obeying. Because they are hyporctical assholes who will lie, cheat and steal to maintain power. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
Because the left wasn't serious about there being a standard fo discourse,  just a standard they wanted o get conservatives to impose on themselves, which the left had no intentinof ever obeying. Because they are hyporctical a$$holes who will lie, cheat and steal to maintain power.

Amen Weisshaupt!

::clapping::    ::thumbsup::    ::cool::    ::bows::    ::danceban::

CatholicCrusader

Re: Tapper practicing real journalism re; Hoffa, Obama, & double-standard (video)
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »
Imagine if all journalists took their job as seriously as Jake Tapper. Gotta give credit where it's due, and draw attention to those in that stinking profession when they do something right.

Good job Jake.

Most guys on Fox do take their job as seriously as Jake Tapper

But it did take guts for Jake to press the issue since he gets his paycheck from a Lefty news outlet.

And if anyone thinks I am bias, I suggest you listen to the stories that John Stossel tells from his days at ABC. (Britt Hume too, former ABC reporter.)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
Videos: Rush Slaps Back at “Sons of Bitches” Obama and Hoffa and Their “Army”
By Ben Johnson

The Left is outraged, as usual, this time over the fact that conservatives are using its own tactics against it. At a Labor Day rally in Detroit, featuring a keynote address from the president, Teamsters boss James Hoffa said, "President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march." Hoffa rallied the troops to war against the forces of the Tea Party, saying, "Let's take these sons of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong!"

Judging from Hoffa's multiple incoherent statements, union fat cats celebrate Labor Day the way migrant farm workers celebrate Cinco de Mayo. (Hick!) But conservatives have made the most of Hoffa's 100-proof, violent-sounding rhetoric.

http://www.exposeobama.com/2011/09/06/videos-rush-slaps-back-at-sons-of-bitches-obama-and-hoffa-and-their-army/

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:03:41 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »

Dwight ? ... Is that you ?