Author Topic: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally  (Read 6748 times)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: Hoffa declares war on TEA Party at Obama rally
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »
I was pointing out that the news organization that edited the clip corrected it with a tweet.  That is all.  To say I'm trying to make a point because I mentioned additional information overlooked by the rest of the posters which applies directly to the subject matter and is from the person who authored the story is ludicrous.  Go ahead and believe fox news for all I care, it's your reality, not mine. 

I think maybe what Soup was alluding to was that a few people tried to engage you with counterpoint - myself included - and you just reiterated your initial point a few times without directly addressing the counterpoints.

I had no counterpoint... I was pointing out that the news organization that edited the clip corrected it with a tweet.  That is all.

Troll Alert...................
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
Brad, you're trying really hard here to make some sort of point, but there there isn't any 'there' there. Even if Fox edited the video as claimed (I wouldn't know since I don't watch Fox) it is a distinction without a difference.

The words stand on their own miserable merit and hiding behind phony "It depends on the what the meaning of 'is' is" crap doesn't change a thing. Hoffa's rhetoric, like that of so many on the left, is completely over the top and reprehensible.

The fact that obama endorsed (through acquiescence) the import of Hoffa's message is equally reprehensible.

If you lefties had any shame you'd be hanging your heads right about now.

I was pointing out that the news organization that edited the clip corrected it with a tweet.  That is all.  To say I'm trying to make a point because I mentioned additional information overlooked by the rest of the posters which applies directly to the subject matter and is from the person who authored the story is ludicrous.  Go ahead and believe fox news for all I care, it's your reality, not mine. 

Dwight ? ... Is that you ?

Dwipe can't compose statements that concise.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »
I don't think Brad's a troll. Trolls are intentionally disruptive, disrespectful, disingenuous, and obnoxious. If this is the worst we have to face in an opposing viewpoint, I say bring it on.

Besides, am I misremembering that Brad is a Ron Paul supporter? That doesn't seem like a troll to me - just perhaps someone a bit younger who wants to challenge conservatives.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
In fairness to Brad, and to inform anybody that didn't hear the whole thing ....

Here's a transcript of Hoffa's full speech:

“Are there any Teamsters in the house? This is Motown, but today, this is union town. We are union, we are workers. That is the message that we send today, and that is the message that we send to America.

There is a war on workers. You see it everywhere: It is in the unemployment, it is in the Tea Party, it is in the people that fight what we believe in. And we see the war in Wisconsin where they try to take collective bargaining from our public employees. We took two senate seats back, we are taking Wisconsin back.

That’s number one. Number two, in Ohio, we are fighting a battle there with regard to taking away collective bargaining. We will beat SB5. We’ve got a million signatures. We are going to win in Ohio — that is our number two. And in Michigan, they are thinking about right to work. It ain’t going to happen in Michigan. No way.

We have to keep an eye on the battle we face — a war on workers. And you see it everywhere there is the Tea Party. And you know there is only one way to beat and win that war.

The one thing about working people is we like a good fight. And you know what, they’ve got a war, they’ve got a war with us and there is only going to be one winner. It is going to be the workers of Michigan and America – we are going to win that war. All the way.

But it starts with your involvement, it starts with next November. We’ve got a bunch of people there that don’t’ want the president to succeed, and they are called the Tea Party – the people who don’t want him to do anything right and he is working hard for us.

President Obama is frustrated by what’s going on. Well, guess what, we’ve got the vote. And the answer to what we say is, we remember in November. We will beat the Tea Party and give this country back to workers and America. We can do it together.”

We’ve also got to talk about jobs. I get so tired about people who …(inaudible) these big corporations that send our jobs to Mexico, they send our jobs to China, and they’ve got the audacity to say ‘where are the jobs?’

Well I’ve got news for you. It’s time to bring those jobs back to America and bring America back to work. That’s what we’ve got to do.

We are going to hear from President Obama in a few minutes, and I am so glad that he has come to Michigan because this is where he sees the real America. He looks out on this army of people and you know what I say? President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. President Obama, we want one thing: Jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs…(The crowd joins the chant.)

That’s what we are going to tell America…..When he sees what we are doing here, he will be inspired, but he needs help. And you know what? Everybody here has got a vote. If we go back, we keep the eye on the prize, lets take these sons-of-bitches out and give America back to America where we belong.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
As Rush pointed out yesterday, is the Left really that impervious to any sense of irony? The speech was in Detroit, a city that is the absolute epitome of what decades of unions and Democrats do.

A city that has hemorrhaged more than half its population, has the highest unemployment rate in the country, has the highest illiteracy rate, perennially among the most crime-ridden, and so on. The place is a testament to liberal policies.

Since the unions are so upset about the DNC being held in right-to-work North Carolina next year, they ought to move it to Detroit. Their slogan could be "Give us four more and we'll make the whole country like this!"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
I have concluded they need to find the Old Man, dig him up, put his Son in the hole, keep the Old Man bury the Son! ::thumbsup::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2011, 09:52:54 PM »
I have concluded they need to find the Old Man, dig him up, put his Son in the hole, keep the Old Man bury the Son! ::thumbsup::

When I was a kid we were vacationing in Tennessee or Kentucky.  As we burst throught the doors into the hotel lobby -- mom, dad and 4 kids-- a guy in suit and dark glasses runs over to my dad and gives him the once over as we walked to the elevator.  It was spooky.  A few days later the news was reporting that someone had called in a tip that old man Hoffa was at that hotel. 

that was a couple years after he disappeared so I'm sure his bones were dust by then.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 11:43:21 PM »
Old man Hoffa probably ended up in a meat processing plant and was dispersed quite anonymously through the digestive systems of a few thousand people as they enjoyed their Labor Day hot dogs.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 07:01:55 AM »
Lil' Jimmy sure is brave after a few belts and in front of a union-thug crowd...come on out into the real world Jimmy...see how that mouth of yours gets your ass kicked!  But alas, the cowardly punk will never stray far from his minions...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 09:38:41 AM »
Unions are just a refuge for bullies.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:10 AM »
"Food For Thought!" Barack of Obama said he didn't hear Jimmy (the live one) Hoffa say those incendiary things. Well, he also didn't hear Reverend Wright say his incendiary things in over 20 years of attending. Also, after attending many meetings and being a neighbor of Bill (Killer) Ayers, said he had no relationship with him. Is it just me or is there a pattern emerging?  ::confused::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
"Food For Thought!" Barack of Obama said he didn't hear Jimmy (the live one) Hoffa say those incendiary things. Well, he also didn't hear Reverend Wright say his incendiary things in over 20 years of attending. Also, after attending many meetings and being a neighbor of Bill (Killer) Ayers, said he had no relationship with him. Is it just me or is there a pattern emerging?  ::confused::

obama: pattern? What pattern? I don't see no stinkin pattern!
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
Hear no evil, see no evil, do no good.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 11:48:34 AM »
Obama be evil and he don't care!

Sung to the tune of "Jimmy Crack Corn"
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.