Author Topic: Are Americans Ready for All-Out Civil War?  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Are Americans Ready for All-Out Civil War?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »
If Obama wins another term, game over.

Yup.

Nah, that's when the games begin. While the success of a revolution is certainly in question, for many of the reasons already listed,  I would suspect that  at least half of the military would defect - leaving both sides pretty evenly matched.  There is already tech available that would ensure some Internet communications would remain up, and quite frankly, I expect that Americans aren't as dumb as your typical Islamic jihadist. American revolutionaries aren't going to attack civilian targets directly, but rather sabotage and harass in a way that leaves the govt unable to function.  If false forms and filings prevent the IRS and other agencies from getting to the real ones, then the government is seen to not serve. Think about your own work - if you wanted to ensure XYZ project did not complete,  could you do it? Could you do it without taking the blame for it? The leftists don't, never have and never will, understand how fragile the world they live in is, and how much it depends on people NOT WANTING to mess things up.  

Those who have "faith" in government need to be shown not to, and revolutionaries will think of thousands of ways to do Denial of Service attacks and misdirect resources both from without and within a bureaucracy - people in the Soviet Union did it all of the time - and the people of America are WAY, WAY too spoiled to put up with what the Russians put up with. A government requires voluntary compliance- there are not enough police or soldiers available to deal with it if even 40% of the population decides to disobey. And if shots are fired in a Tiananmen Square  event, and if that becomes widespread knowledge, I would suspect that would only galvanize and justify the revolutionary cause and bring the Country into a full blown armed conflict with geographic battle lines, makeshift uniforms ( I vote for Brown Coats) and then we will know who to shoot.  I would expect the same to occur if a U.N. "peacekeeping" force were deployed. Even then, those behind enemy lines can continue the DOS attacks and  cause  Katrina like  "disasters"  that compromise public services, but which don't directly cause civilian damage-  just watch the government not respond effectively and any deaths that occur will be their fault - not the  fault of a saboteur who "only" took out a major water line wth no collateral damage.

America may not remain whole, and I may end up living in the Republic of Deseret, or we may lose her entirely. But one way or another, I am going to my maker having made them pay for what they took.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »
Yeah, I get that JPat. My point is, when you walk out your door with the intent of making war, outside of your own circle of acquaintance, how are you gonna tell enemy from friend? How do you know who to shoot, and who to trust?

What, you haven't been making lists?  ::angel::

Maybe I can borrow Pandora's.
 ::hysterical::
Hey I want a copy. ::exitstageleft::
SSSHHHHHH!

Tsk, blabbermouth ........   ::falldownshocked::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
Actually we have been in a Civil War, with emphasis on 'Civil!' Now of course we have seen violence with Race Riots and who could forget the civil disobedience during the Vietnam War?
Now, we have Liberals in the name of Justice, trying to take down the last vestige of stability in the World, and for what? If shooting starts, let it be with the other side. let it be known, it ends  there. If they start it we must finish it, oh, by the way, you will know who 'They' are!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 01:09:54 PM »
I believe we've been in the cold part of a civil war for some time now; going hot now in increments.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »
I believe we've been in the cold part of a civil war for some time now; going hot now in increments.

Something is going to pop between now and election. Just don't see any other way!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »
As I've said before, who you gonna shoot?

Easy for me. I'll be busy being trying to be self sufficient so I won't be looking for trouble. But I WILL protect my family and what's mine.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
As I've said before, who you gonna shoot?

Easy for me. I'll be busy being trying to be self sufficient so I won't be looking for trouble. But I WILL protect my family and what's mine.

I was thinking along the same lines. When the slackers and those of the parasite class can't get to their government goodies, believe me, they are gonna come after yours. Hungrily and stupidly.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »
I believe it will be easy to identify the enemy.....They will be clad in turbins...obama isn't gonna call on the union brotherhood, he will eventually call on the muslim brotherhood. He is using unions today, but in the end, we will not be fighting a union rube. It may begin this way, but it surely will not end in this manner.

I believe many Americans will wake up to the fact they were used. There will be a line, literally, in the sand. The economic malaise he is draging us is only the beginning. Liberals are just too stupid to realize they are being used.

This is all gonna end up as a "christian" and muslim battle.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »
The unthinkable (Obama reelection) might be the flare igniting the final reckoning, but if the proglodytes think I'm gonna go quietly into that goodnight and accept their tyranny they gonna be disappointed...

I'm with Weisshaupt on the Galt move, you're just a wee bit more advanced in that regard than I!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 08:20:58 PM »
I don't know who coined the phrase "Cold Civil War", but I remember seeing it several years ago, during the Bush 43 administration.

I've been predicting civil war (the hot kind) from the moment Obama was elected.  The reason is simple:  When half of the population tries to ram Communism down the throats of the other half, who want no part of it, conflict is inevitable.

I have no patience for those who call Obama stupid or a failure.  They are fools.  I have always believed that he is deliberately causing as much chaos and destruction as possible.  It's the Cloward-Piven strategy on a national scale.  Obama clearly hates America, capitalism, and the white race.  His every move has been calculated to offend and outrage us whenever possible.  He and Michelle live like Third World dictators, in ostentatious luxury, while more and more Americans suffer from the consequences of his destructive economic policies.  This is not accidental.  They are rubbing our faces in it at every opportunity.  You can hear the hostility in his voice whenever he speaks.

He believes that America and white people are evil, that we have become wealthy at the expense of brown people in the Third World, and it is time for us to be taken down a peg or two.  This is a commonplace belief among leftists.  As an ex-slave said at the end of the Civil War, "Bottom rail on top now, massa."  Likewise, every Marxist regime in history has targeted the middle class (aka the "bourgeoisie") for destruction and confiscation of wealth.

The recent efforts to describe Tea Partiers as racists, terrorists, barbarians, and economic saboteurs are typical of leftist totalitarians.  They are not just demonizing us; they are dehumanizing us.  That is what the Nazis did to the Jews and what the Soviets did to the kulaks.  The left is whipping up their supporters into a murderous frenzy against those of us deemed the enemy, namely the white middle class.

I agree that things are likely to come to a head before the 2012 election.  Widespread street violence may well give the Obama regime an opportunity to declare a state of emergency and postpone the election for the duration of the "emergency".  Alternatively, if that doesn't come to pass, I can see the "flash mob" tactic employed in various places on Election Day to throw the election into chaos.  An election with a disputed outcome could also serve to incite violence.

I think George Soros would be very pleased to see the fabric of American society torn asunder.  It would weaken us as a nation, which is one of his goals.

I've been saying for years that the only things standing in the way of World Government are the American economy and the American military.  It can hardly be a coincidence that both are now under full-scale assault from all directions.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 08:37:37 PM »
If something is manufactured before the election there will be no emergency power great enough to stop the country from tearing itself apart.  In the political environment we've been thrust into thanks to proglodytes run amok a Democrat coup would guarantee the nation goes down a path that will make Bosnia look like a Boy Scout Jamboree!  God help those bastards if they try that, I'll not withhold my wrath from them!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »

This is all gonna end up as a "christian" and muslim battle.

Good vs evil

Liberals who don't believe in evil will learn it first hand I'm afraid
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 05:41:05 PM »
Another lesson for the would be rebels

Admittedly, the Rebel Alliance is looking for the knockout blow against the Empire. But that’s not typically how insurgencies win: They win by compelling empires into counterproductive overspending.

Make them expend their resources.  Putting more people on auditing good forms from bad, purging bad info, doing repairs, etc.  Drive up the costs. Make them spend to find needles in haystacks. That is how to win.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 06:12:28 PM »
Another lesson for the would be rebels

Admittedly, the Rebel Alliance is looking for the knockout blow against the Empire. But that’s not typically how insurgencies win: They win by compelling empires into counterproductive overspending.

Make them expend their resources.  Putting more people on auditing good forms from bad, purging bad info, doing repairs, etc.  Drive up the costs. Make them spend to find needles in haystacks. That is how to win.

Cloward-Piven them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:16 PM »

[/quote]

Cloward-Piven them.
[/quote]

Right.  342 packages in NYC Article doesn't say how many were really checked by bomb squads, or how many were completely false.  DOS attacks are effective.

If a terrorist really did plant a bomb, the smarted thing he could od would be for his terrorist network to call in reports of "mysterious packages" all over the city. The chance that the bomb squad turns up at the one actual package with a bomb is small. Better yet, do this every day for a year. Think the bomb squad wouldn't get tired of going out 25 times a day -each time a false alarm? Leaving them time for training or other things that would make them good at their job? Liberals just don't get that "Big" means unwieldy, wasteful and clumsy. You just don't hear big and nimble together.   If such a threat were to materialize you would need volunteer minute-men bomb squads.  Citizen bomb defusers who could check on the 400+ reports a day and be trained well enough to at least identify a real threat, if not actually disarm it. Think the liberal tyrant  powers would ever give citizens that sorT of training/responsibility? Heck no. If they can defuse bombs on their own, they might wonder what else they could do on their own.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
Think the liberal tyrant  powers would ever give citizens that sorT of training/responsibility? Heck no. If they can defuse bombs on their own, they might wonder what else they could do on their own.

Do I think?  No.

Trained, repeating that -- trained -- volunteer fire-fighters from all over Texas went to Bastrop and environs to help with the fires and the Feds told them to get lost.

Offline brad

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:29 AM »
I think it's a fear mongering article.  If there is something to be worried about, it's real class warfare in the USA.  Trying to stop 1000 people from robbing a bank or grocery store would be difficult let alone showing up and ransacking estate owners belongings.  The poor haven't had any organization but I'm not naive enough to think that can't change quickly, and if it does, may God have mercy.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 06:50:04 AM »
Cloward-Piven them.

What about a movement to file millions of false tax returns by mail. Just pick up the extra forms, fill them out with bogus names, SS #s, financial info, and turn them in. Make the IRS spend all its time, effort, and energy weeding through millions of tax returns that appear to be filled out properly but lead to nowhere.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 06:51:41 AM »
I think it's a fear mongering article.  If there is something to be worried about, it's real class warfare in the USA.  Trying to stop 1000 people from robbing a bank or grocery store would be difficult let alone showing up and ransacking estate owners belongings.  The poor haven't had any organization but I'm not naive enough to think that can't change quickly, and if it does, may God have mercy.

We're already seeing some of that in the urban "flash-mobs". Organized overwhelming of retailers.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:14 AM »

The Bison ranks among this planets most powerful creatures. Once upon a time they ranged the prairies in numbers so vast that they would move in seas of bodies, an endless mass from horizon to horizon. And yet for all that, stone-age savages knew how to channel their energy against themselves, herding them en masse through narrow canyons to their doom.

It's easy to manipulate mobs, but not control them. You can squeeze them like toothpaste, but once out of the tube you can't put them back.

The left and Ø'mugume are fomenting class warfare. They have created a ragtag army of dependent people who have lost the ability to think or fend for themselves. But you cannot push a rope and he can't control an unleashed mob.

Like you, he isn't inclined towards cautionary notes, so I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out. I can guarantee that it isn't going to go the way you think it will, nor the way you'd like.