Author Topic: WHY ARE THERE NO EVANGELICALS SCHEDULED FOR THE DC 9/11 EVENT?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
WHY ARE THERE NO EVANGELICALS SCHEDULED FOR THE DC 9/11 EVENT?
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
Hindu, Buddhist and Muslim religious leaders have been invited to a 9/11 tribute event being held at the National Cathedral. Oddly enough, Evangelical Christians are currently not represented. Read about their petition to be part of the memorial HERE.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/christian-leader-asks-obama-not-to-attend-911-tribute-event-after-evangelicals-excluded/ ::deercorn::  

[edited by admin for title typo]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:17:09 PM by IronDioPriest »

CatholicCrusader

Re: WHY ARE THERE NO EVANGELICALS SCHEDULED FOR THE DC 9/11 EVENT?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
>>>>>

No Catholics either it seems. Well, its fair to say there are no Eastern Orthodox either, so ergo: Christians need not apply.

What the frig is a Bhuddist nun?

[edited by admin for title typo]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:18:02 PM by IronDioPriest »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »
Call me a bigot, but it is inappropriate and unacceptable to me that muslim "religious leaders" will be present, by invitation no less.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »
Call me a bigot, but it is inappropriate and unacceptable to me that muslim "religious leaders" will be present, by invitation no less.

Are we sure of the veracity of this claim? I have been of the understanding that no religious leaders have been officially invited to the event. I find that ludicrous as well, but inviting mystics and imams and no priests, pastors, or rabbis is different than excluding all clergy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 04:09:46 PM »
How can there be no Christians at an event held in a Cathedral? And personally I don't get this whole New Age trend of having multi-faith services in your house of worship. I am fine and dandy with interfaith cooperation, but a Christian church is a building and site consecrated to Christ. Use of it for the worship of other deities is, well, blasphemous.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »
How can there be no Christians at an event held in a Cathedral? And personally I don't get this whole New Age trend of having multi-faith services in your house of worship. I am fine and dandy with interfaith cooperation, but a Christian church is a building and site consecrated to Christ. Use of it for the worship of other deities is, well, blasphemous.

Didn't Obama speak at Not re Dame University and they had to cover a Religious Symbol in the background? I still can't believe they allowed him to speak there. Haven't been worth a crap in Football ever since!  ::evil::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »

Are we sure of the veracity of this claim? I have been of the understanding that no religious leaders have been officially invited to the event. I find that ludicrous as well, but inviting mystics and imams and no priests, pastors, or rabbis is different than excluding all clergy.

If I'm clear on the wheres, the "do" to which you refer is being held in NYC and it is Bloomberg that excluded religious leaders.  At issue in this thread is the service in DC.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 05:51:12 PM »
How can there be no Christians at an event held in a Cathedral?...............

Rather ironic, isn't it.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »
Ah, you're right Pan. I was mixing up the events.

This is completely outrageous.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »
It IS outrageous.  So is Bloomberg's decision to exclude clergy in NY, as well as -- get this -- firefighters.

Who—especially on the 10th anniversary of their sacrifice—would deny the first responders their due and proper honor? New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. His office says that because of the number of victims' family members attending there's not enough room to accommodate first responders at Ground Zero that day, though "we're working to find ways to recognize and honor first responders, and other groups, at different places and times." Different places and times?

H/T rayra

Glock's made a point that cannot be stressed enough - "a Christian church is a building and site consecrated to Christ. Use of it for the worship of other deities is, well, blasphemous".  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

eta:  I've begun to dread every year now the coming around of 9/11; if it's not the mawkish displays, it's the outrageous uses the day is being put to.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:17:08 PM by Pandora »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »
eta:  I've begun to dread every year now the coming around of 9/11; if it's not the mawkish displays, it's the outrageous uses the day is being put to.

I'm making an effort to find an appropriate event to take my youngest daughter to.  I don't want her growing up thinking 9/11 is some day to go volunteer to show you care!

So far I haven't found anything that works for me.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »

I'm making an effort to find an appropriate event to take my youngest daughter to.  I don't want her growing up thinking 9/11 is some day to go volunteer to show you care!

So far I haven't found anything that works for me.

I know.  Barf.  I hope you find something appropriate.  Local fire station doing anything that day?