Author Topic: "...And Then The Mooing Just Stopped"  (Read 1973 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
"...And Then The Mooing Just Stopped"
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:59 PM »
This is why Matt Drudge makes the big bucks...

OGDEN -- Charges may ensue for an Ogden man who startled the neighbors by butchering a cow in his driveway over the weekend.

Police were called to the scene at 1:44 p.m. Sunday after the cow's owner began harvesting the animal. A patrolman was responding to a caller who saw a cow being trailered to the home in the 2700 block of Gramercy Avenue.

The caller then reported hearing the cow's audible mooing, followed by what sounded like a gunshot, said Police Lt. Troy Burnett. Then the mooing stopped.

Oh, yes, there's more...

The patrolman's report said when he arrived at the scene a half-block above Monroe Boulevard, "the cow was in the process of losing its head," Burnett said.

The man sawing at the animal's neck, the owner of the beef, denied shooting the cow on the premises, telling the officer the animal had been dispatched outside the city limits.

"It boggles my mind," Burnett said. "It's not illegal, but it's absurd that people would think slaughtering a cow in their driveway is OK. Maybe on the west side of the county on one of the farms. But in the middle of a high density residential area?"

It reads like a Monty Python skit...policeman walks up, "Alright, what's all this then?"

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "...And Then The Mooing Just Stopped"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »
"What's all this then?"

It's food, ya fool, in the process of processing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »

Hey, no butchering in midtown, move on down to the eastside for that sort of thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »

Hey, no butchering in midtown, move on down to the eastside for that sort of thing.

Just wait until things get more .... indeterminate.  Folks will be hanging around waiting for fallout.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »
Ya know...

...with Detroit bulldozing homes to create "urban farms" this really shouldn't be that big a deal.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 06:45:55 AM »
What?  No Pics?

I wanna see the blood getting washed down the driveway with the guy waving & smiling at the camera!

I hope he was sporting a PETA T-shirt!  (That would be People Eating Tasty Animals of course!)

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
 ::facepalm::

Slicing up dinner is a political statement.   Only in America.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."