Author Topic: Why Mitch McConnell Must Never Be Allowed To Be Majority Leader  (Read 1087 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Why Mitch McConnell Must Never Be Allowed To Be Majority Leader
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:12 PM »
This is pretty much the ultimate too smart by half story...

The U.S. Senate, in an unusual procedure, cleared the way Thursday for the U.S. to lift its borrowing authority by $500 billion to $15.19 trillion, enough to keep the support federal government borrowing through late January or early February.

This isn't a long article. Read it.

The complicated procedure, designed by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), would allow an increase of the borrowing limit while allowing most Republicans to vote against such an increase.

There was a twist in this scenario Thursday evening, however. Democrats held firm, rejecting the resolution of disapproval, thereby speeding the process and increasing the borrowing limit immediately.

No one, and I mean "no one" who can be out foxed by a third rate moron like Harry Reid deserves to ever occupy the position of Senate majority leader.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Why Mitch McConnell Must Never Be Allowed To Be Majority Leader
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »
  Did he get out manuvered or was he just in on it and we got out manuvered?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »
No one, and I mean "no one" who can be out foxed by a third rate moron like Harry Reid deserves to ever occupy the position of Senate majority leader.

Not unless he's a fourth-rate moron.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:17 PM »
  Did he get out manuvered or was he just in on it and we got out manuvered?

B = bold, and yes.  We got took.

RULING CLASS.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »
The stupid part is that right wing bloggers and people like us were screaming are heads off that this or something like this was going to happen and we were ignored.

The Tea Party had better get a pound of flesh for this debacle.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »
The stupid part is that right wing bloggers and people like us were screaming are heads off that this or something like this was going to happen and we were ignored.

The Tea Party had better get a pound of flesh for this debacle.

Damned right we knew, and we knew he was screwing up the debt ceiling raise issue.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"