Author Topic: Statement by Congressman Allen on the Introduction of the Foreign Service Line  (Read 826 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Statement by Congressman Allen on the Introduction of the Foreign Service Line of Duty Death Gratuity Act of 2011

Saturday, 10 September 2011 05:44 Rep Allen West

Mr. Speaker: Today I rise, with my colleague Congressman Bennie Thompson to introduce the Foreign Service Line of Duty Death Gratuity Act.

As our nation approaches the 10th Anniversary of the terrorist attacks on September 11th, it is important to acknowledge that the attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. were not the first shots fired in this war, but rather an escalation of previous attacks against the United States.  

Over the course of the upcoming weekend, Americans will reflect on the events of 10 years ago. Where were they on that terrible day? What were they doing when the towers fell and when the Pentagon was hit? How did they react when it became apparent that it was a terrorist attack on our country?

Related Video

Rep. Allen West - 9/11 Memorial Presser - 9.7.11

The events of that day have guided our Federal Government’s approach, and indeed our society’s approach, to preventing attacks in many different ways.

However, there is another significant date – a date that may be less familiar to many Americans. That date is August 7, 1998. I know that for many Americans, if not most, it is difficult to recall what they were doing or where they were that day.

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011091014464/us/politics-and-economics/statement-by-congressman-allen-on-the-introduction-of-the-foreign-service-line-of-duty-death-gratuity-act-of-2011.html?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:04:20 AM by jpatrickham »